Title: readdy's Replies | WordPress.org

---

# readdy

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/readdy/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/readdy/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/readdy/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/readdy/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/readdy/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/readdy/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/readdy/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/readdy/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Images now stretched and distorted after 5.5 upgrade](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/images-now-stretched-and-distorted-after-5-5-upgrade/)
 *  [readdy](https://wordpress.org/support/users/readdy/)
 * (@readdy)
 * [6 years, 1 month ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/images-now-stretched-and-distorted-after-5-5-upgrade/#post-13288676)
 * Hey,
 * what you are doing looks a bit too complex. What I’ve done having a similar issue
   was going to the WP Dashboard menu: Appearance → CSS Edit → Additional CSS
 * And I just pasted this piece of CSS code
 * img {
    max-width: 100%; height: auto; }
 * Hope that helps.
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Images shown with wrong ratio after the latest WP update](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/images-shown-with-wrong-ratio-after-update/)
 *  Thread Starter [readdy](https://wordpress.org/support/users/readdy/)
 * (@readdy)
 * [6 years, 1 month ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/images-shown-with-wrong-ratio-after-update/#post-13282658)
 * Thank you so much for the link!
 * I added this piece to CSS, as suggested by one of the contributors in the discussion:
 * img {
    max-width: 100%; height: auto; }
 * And it just worked.
 * Have a nice day
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Download Monitor] Open the downloaded file in a blank page](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/open-the-downloaded-file-in-a-blank-page/)
 *  Thread Starter [readdy](https://wordpress.org/support/users/readdy/)
 * (@readdy)
 * [8 years, 6 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/open-the-downloaded-file-in-a-blank-page/#post-10119643)
 * Thank you for your reply. I am still a kind of confused. Could you please specify
   where I may find a field to insert the “target” property? If I add it to the 
   link field, that does not give a result. A screenshot would be a great help.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Download Monitor] Don’t force download](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/open-download-item-in-a-new-tab/)
 *  [readdy](https://wordpress.org/support/users/readdy/)
 * (@readdy)
 * [8 years, 6 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/open-download-item-in-a-new-tab/#post-10115386)
 * To open the link instead of downloading it you should set the flag “Redirect 
   to file”.
 * As for the new page to open the linked file, I have the same issue and [put a question just a couple days ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/open-the-downloaded-file-in-a-blank-page/).
   You may follow the topic to have the answer which I hope will come soon.
 * Cheers

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)