Title: pphillippi's Replies | WordPress.org

---

# pphillippi

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/pphillippi/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/pphillippi/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/pphillippi/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/pphillippi/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/pphillippi/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/pphillippi/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/pphillippi/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/pphillippi/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Jetpack - WP Security, Backup, Speed, & Growth] PHP 8.2 fatal error in class-rest-ai.php — confirmed fixed in 16.2?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/php-8-2-fatal-error-in-class-rest-ai-php-confirmed-fixed-in-16-2/)
 *  Thread Starter [pphillippi](https://wordpress.org/support/users/pphillippi/)
 * (@pphillippi)
 * [1 week, 1 day ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/php-8-2-fatal-error-in-class-rest-ai-php-confirmed-fixed-in-16-2/#post-19027868)
 * Hi [@lastsplash](https://wordpress.org/support/users/lastsplash/) — thanks for
   the thoughtful reply.
 * I went back through my own records from when this first happened (June 29, 2026),
   and unfortunately the full fatal error message and stack trace weren’t saved 
   anywhere I can retrieve them now. What I do have is a description from that incident:
   a fatal E_ERROR on activation, with `class-rest-ai.php` failing to load in the
   PHP autoloader, on PHP 8.2 / WordPress 7.0.1 / SiteGround NGINX hosting. My host
   confirmed PEAR was available server-side at the time, which ruled out a server-
   config cause and pointed to the issue being in Jetpack’s own code.
 * That’s the most detail I can offer — I don’t think I’ll be able to track down
   the original log text at this point. Given that, I’ll plan to test 16.2 on a 
   staging copy running PHP 8.2 before touching production, per your suggestion.
   That seems like the most reliable path regardless of what the changelog does 
   or doesn’t confirm.
 * Appreciate you taking the time to actually dig into this rather than just pointing
   me back at the changelog page.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)