Title: Jamie Robe's Replies | WordPress.org

---

# Jamie Robe

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/onmountain/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/onmountain/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/onmountain/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/onmountain/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/onmountain/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/onmountain/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/onmountain/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/onmountain/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[WP Statistics – Simple, privacy-friendly Google Analytics alternative] Statistics in Pro Report – MainWP](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/statistics-in-pro-report-mainwp/)
 *  [Jamie Robe](https://wordpress.org/support/users/onmountain/)
 * (@onmountain)
 * [1 year, 9 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/statistics-in-pro-report-mainwp/#post-18221284)
 * Hi. I also see the potenial for this mainwp integration. Would be good exposure
   to your plugin and also help thousands of us. Thanks, Jamie
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Pods - Custom Content Types and Fields] pods_api_post_save_pod_item or save_post not working on frontend](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/pods_api_post_save_pod_item-or-save_post-not-working-on-frontend/)
 *  Thread Starter [Jamie Robe](https://wordpress.org/support/users/onmountain/)
 * (@onmountain)
 * [4 years, 3 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/pods_api_post_save_pod_item-or-save_post-not-working-on-frontend/#post-15750251)
 * Thanks Jory,
    Turns out everything was firing, but I wasn’t able to get the function
   to write into my own log file. My bad 😉 I think that was a permissions thing.
   What tricked me was that save_post was working (and logging into my log file)
   when I clicked update on a regular post or page, but not a CPT. I isolated it
   being only a PODS issue by coding a simple CPT in a test plugin and that also
   did not appear to work, so I figured out it must have been something of my doing…
 * I simply set up the wp_debug log and a write_log function, and using that could
   see it was actually working for any CPT, including a pods CPT 🙂 My confidence
   in using PODS and debugging a complex app is high – thanks to you and your team
   for building a great system.
 * In case this helps any future programmer, here is soem code to help debug:
 *     ```
       //////
       // This is a logging function for any debugging task 
       // NOTES:  Youy must have the following lines in the wp-config.php file in the root folder, which
       //      puts a debug.log text file under the wp-content folder under root
       //
       //
       // define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
       // define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
       // define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
       //
       // NOTES: install Error Log Viewer Plugin by bestwebsoft to view log from admin menu
   
       // for error logging
       if (!function_exists('write_log')) {
           function write_log ( $log ) {
               if ( true === WP_DEBUG ) {
                   if ( is_array( $log ) || is_object( $log )) {
                       error_log( print_r( $log, true ));
   
                   } else {
                       error_log( $log );
                   }
               }
           }
       }
   
       //
       //////
       ```
   
 * You can then use the log to test what is happening “behind the scenes”:
 *     ```
       add_action( 'save_post', 'psc_anyposttype_save', 10, 3 );
   
       function psc_anyposttype_save($post_id, $post, $update) {
   
       write_log('I am in the save_post hook for post_id = '.$post_id.' -- post post id = '.$post->ID.' -- type='.$post->post_type);
   
       } 
       ```
   
 * Again, encountering bugs and problems can be very frustrating for coders, BUT
   it sure helps you understand the framework better, so it was a constructive (
   even if very frustrating) few days. Good luck everyone and as they say on Gallaxy
   Quest … never surrender 🙂
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Code Snippets] Ajax code only works from plugin not a snippet](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/ajax-code-only-works-from-plugin-not-a-snippet/)
 *  Thread Starter [Jamie Robe](https://wordpress.org/support/users/onmountain/)
 * (@onmountain)
 * [4 years, 3 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/ajax-code-only-works-from-plugin-not-a-snippet/#post-15736541)
 * Thank you so much!!! Such a detailed example will help a lot of people.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Paid Memberships Pro - Pods Add On] Use field valueset during registration in custom function](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/use-field-valueset-during-registration-in-custom-function/)
 *  [Jamie Robe](https://wordpress.org/support/users/onmountain/)
 * (@onmountain)
 * [4 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/use-field-valueset-during-registration-in-custom-function/#post-15438960)
 * Hi [@jbonlinea](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jbonlinea/),
    I want to do
   the same thing – use the values of custom fields added thru this plugin. Have
   you figured anything out? All I could get was access to the pmpro membership 
   fields, but not the pods fields extending that.
 * Peace,
    Jamie
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Pods - Custom Content Types and Fields] “Where” parameter equal only content created by user](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/where-parameter-equal-only-content-created-by-user/)
 *  [Jamie Robe](https://wordpress.org/support/users/onmountain/)
 * (@onmountain)
 * [4 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/where-parameter-equal-only-content-created-by-user/#post-15426841)
 * Hi. I can only tell you what has been working for me. Do not know if there is
   a “better” way or not:
 * I am using code to create a shortcode [list_podxyz], and I put that code into
   an normal WP page. The code allows me to put a where statement before I loop 
   thru the CPT podxyz, using a field I added called memberuserid. It is a number
   field and each record has the user id of the creator of each record.
 * What I do to populate that field is also using code to create a PODS form, and
   I default the value to whatever user id is logged in and doing the insert/edit
   of that specific record. I also set the memberuserid field to hidden, since they
   do not have to see or know this info.
 * It all seems to work well.
 * The reason I hesitate to say this is the “best” way or not, is the relationships
   thing. I was thinking that it might offer another method of attaching (in code)
   a submitted form, by some sort of relationship to the user, etc.
 * Good luck,
    Jamie
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[WPIDE - File Manager & Code Editor] How to activate find and replace](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/how-to-activate-find-and-replace/)
 *  Thread Starter [Jamie Robe](https://wordpress.org/support/users/onmountain/)
 * (@onmountain)
 * [5 years, 1 month ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/how-to-activate-find-and-replace/#post-14774074)
 * LOL it is CTRL H. Works great!
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[File Manager Pro - Filester] ACE Editor options not saving](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/ace-editor-options-not-saving/)
 *  Thread Starter [Jamie Robe](https://wordpress.org/support/users/onmountain/)
 * (@onmountain)
 * [5 years, 1 month ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/ace-editor-options-not-saving/#post-14765243)
 * Thank you. That is helpful info 🙂
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[File Manager Pro - Filester] ACE Editor options not saving](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/ace-editor-options-not-saving/)
 *  Thread Starter [Jamie Robe](https://wordpress.org/support/users/onmountain/)
 * (@onmountain)
 * [5 years, 1 month ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/ace-editor-options-not-saving/#post-14759322)
 * Hi Bruce,
    I did a little research in ACE Editor and found that there is a configuration
   option that can be set.
 * In the plugin I found the code at Includes/File_manager/lib/js/extras/editors.
   default.js
 * around line 992 , I found enableLiveAutocompletion: false
    So I set that line
   to true. Now it does the programming auto complete when I open any file in the
   ace editor.
 *     ```
       ace.config.loadModule('ace/ext/language_tools', function () {
       								ace.require('ace/ext/language_tools');
       								editor.setOptions({
       									enableBasicAutocompletion: true,
       									enableSnippets: true,
       									enableLiveAutocompletion: true
       								});
       ```
   
 * My problem is that when I open the Ace Editor options panel I can’t seem to close
   or save any changes to any option.
    The solution I have above will obviously 
   revert back to the false when the plugin gets update. If you have any suggestions
   on how to keep this enableLiveAutocompletion: true please let me know 🙂
 * I wish this were a user settable Filester plugin option. This is a fundamental
   tool for any programmer using any editor on PHP or CSS.
 * I am not sure if codemirror has a similar autocomplete setting or not. But Ace
   seems pretty powerful.
 * Jamie

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)