Title: nnuri's Replies | WordPress.org

---

# nnuri

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/nnuri/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/nnuri/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/nnuri/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/nnuri/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/nnuri/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/nnuri/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/nnuri/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/nnuri/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Calendar](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/calendar-62/)
 *  Thread Starter [nnuri](https://wordpress.org/support/users/nnuri/)
 * (@nnuri)
 * [9 years ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/calendar-62/#post-9521507)
 * Thank you Steve
 * Edit: Topic continues at [https://wordpress.org/support/topic/calendar-widget-in-travelify/](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/calendar-widget-in-travelify/)
    -  This reply was modified 9 years ago by [James Huff](https://wordpress.org/support/users/macmanx/).
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [What does 'Subscribed' Registered Users mean](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/what-does-subscribed-registered-users-mean/)
 *  Thread Starter [nnuri](https://wordpress.org/support/users/nnuri/)
 * (@nnuri)
 * [15 years ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/what-does-subscribed-registered-users-mean/#post-2285595)
 * I am sorryh, I just noticed that I was ‘logged on’ when I tried it and that of
   course will not produce the ‘Register’ tab. So, it worked. Thanks Nate and Esmi.
   I do have another question, though, is there a way to modify or delete the links
   that come by default with the Meta widget like access to WordPress.org orr the
   RSS feeds etc.?
 * Thanks
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [What does 'Subscribed' Registered Users mean](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/what-does-subscribed-registered-users-mean/)
 *  Thread Starter [nnuri](https://wordpress.org/support/users/nnuri/)
 * (@nnuri)
 * [15 years ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/what-does-subscribed-registered-users-mean/#post-2285594)
 * I know and agree but it did not put the ‘Register’ option out there – only the
   login and others.
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [What does 'Subscribed' Registered Users mean](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/what-does-subscribed-registered-users-mean/)
 *  Thread Starter [nnuri](https://wordpress.org/support/users/nnuri/)
 * (@nnuri)
 * [15 years ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/what-does-subscribed-registered-users-mean/#post-2285592)
 * Thank you, that worked with the theme you mentioned, but I guess my theme does
   not have it…!
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [What does 'Subscribed' Registered Users mean](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/what-does-subscribed-registered-users-mean/)
 *  Thread Starter [nnuri](https://wordpress.org/support/users/nnuri/)
 * (@nnuri)
 * [15 years, 1 month ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/what-does-subscribed-registered-users-mean/#post-2285540)
 * Thanks for the reply Nate but I still cannot find a widget in the theme you mentioned
   for allowing users to register, provided of course they were setup that way. 
   Any ideas?
 * Thanks,
    Nuri
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [What does Subscribed Users Mean?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/what-does-subscribed-users-mean/)
 *  Thread Starter [nnuri](https://wordpress.org/support/users/nnuri/)
 * (@nnuri)
 * [15 years, 1 month ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/what-does-subscribed-users-mean/#post-2285531)
 * I mean when a person views the blog and sees the login form, how do they register
   in order to get the login ID etc. I setup (in settings) the default to allow 
   users to register as subscribers but not sure how would the form be used with
   those who do not have ID’s. If I setup an ID for someone, presumably with editing
   or authoring privileges, they can use the form. But what does it do for the general
   population?
 * What does “Anyone can register” as subscriber do for folks? How can they register
   after I set this up in the setting menu?
 * Thanks for all your help Kathryn.
 * Nuri
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [What does Subscribed Users Mean?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/what-does-subscribed-users-mean/)
 *  Thread Starter [nnuri](https://wordpress.org/support/users/nnuri/)
 * (@nnuri)
 * [15 years, 1 month ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/what-does-subscribed-users-mean/#post-2285521)
 * Hello again Kathryn,
    You have been extremely helpful so please bare with me.
   The code you gave me worked but again, I am a beginner with this and certainly
   not a PHP programmer or anything like that.
 * When I placed the code into the text widget (my site has widgets), it looked 
   funky in that the field were the ID goes contained php code and so did the submit
   button etc. I took a screen dump of to place here but there is no way.
 * Furthermore, how can I have less spaces between the Username and Password fields?
   And is there a way to have the form in it’s own section with a title (like a 
   widget would do)?
 * Finally, when I have the login form, how do those who are qualified to register
   as subscribers going to register, where is that option.
 * I trully appreciate your patience and help Kathryn.
 * Thanks,
    Nuri
 * P.S. I do like your site!!
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [What does Subscribed Users Mean?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/what-does-subscribed-users-mean/)
 *  Thread Starter [nnuri](https://wordpress.org/support/users/nnuri/)
 * (@nnuri)
 * [15 years, 1 month ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/what-does-subscribed-users-mean/#post-2285509)
 * Well yhou clearly are WAY more advanced than I am, so please bare with me for
   the questions. Where would I place the script you wrote?
 * Thanks,
    Nuri
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [What does 'Subscribed' Registered Users mean](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/what-does-subscribed-registered-users-mean/)
 *  Thread Starter [nnuri](https://wordpress.org/support/users/nnuri/)
 * (@nnuri)
 * [15 years, 1 month ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/what-does-subscribed-registered-users-mean/#post-2285505)
 * Thank you Nate.
    I looked over the documentation and it referenced the file general-
   template.php found in the wp-includes directory. When I read the line for wp-
   register in the file, it looked fine but I still can’t figure out how to create
   the form. Is there a plugin for that that you might recommend?
 * Thank you,
    Nuri
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [What does Subscribed Users Mean?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/what-does-subscribed-users-mean/)
 *  Thread Starter [nnuri](https://wordpress.org/support/users/nnuri/)
 * (@nnuri)
 * [15 years, 1 month ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/what-does-subscribed-users-mean/#post-2285504)
 * Thanks for the info and the links. I looked over the documentation and it referenced
   the file general-template.php found in the wp-includes directory. When I read
   the line for wp-register in the file, it looked fine but I still can’t figure
   out how to create the form. Is there a plugin for that that you might recommend?
 * Thank you,
    Nuri
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [How to remove writer's icon](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/how-to-remove-writers-icon-1/)
 *  Thread Starter [nnuri](https://wordpress.org/support/users/nnuri/)
 * (@nnuri)
 * [15 years, 1 month ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/how-to-remove-writers-icon-1/#post-2278026)
 * Thank you, that worked.
 *   Forum: [Themes and Templates](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/themes-and-templates/)
   
   In reply to: [[Crafty Cart] Crafty Cart installation](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/crafty-cart-installation/)
 *  Thread Starter [nnuri](https://wordpress.org/support/users/nnuri/)
 * (@nnuri)
 * [15 years, 1 month ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/crafty-cart-installation/#post-2249944)
 * Thank you very much – that worked!
 *   Forum: [Everything else WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/miscellaneous/)
   
   In reply to: [Can anyone add topics](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/can-anyone-add-topics/)
 *  Thread Starter [nnuri](https://wordpress.org/support/users/nnuri/)
 * (@nnuri)
 * [15 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/can-anyone-add-topics/#post-2079093)
 * Cool – thank you SO much; I may call on you again if I need to.
 *   Forum: [Everything else WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/miscellaneous/)
   
   In reply to: [Can anyone add topics](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/can-anyone-add-topics/)
 *  Thread Starter [nnuri](https://wordpress.org/support/users/nnuri/)
 * (@nnuri)
 * [15 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/can-anyone-add-topics/#post-2079083)
 * So you can use HTML and hot links? Can you customize the side bars etc. with 
   your own links?
 *   Forum: [Everything else WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/miscellaneous/)
   
   In reply to: [Can anyone add topics](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/can-anyone-add-topics/)
 *  Thread Starter [nnuri](https://wordpress.org/support/users/nnuri/)
 * (@nnuri)
 * [15 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/can-anyone-add-topics/#post-2079076)
 * Thanks for replying. Where do I find those forms in number 1 and do you know 
   in WordPress documentation can I learn about placing a link as requested in #
   3?
 * Thank You,
    Nuri

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)