Title: murrayvr's Replies | WordPress.org

---

# murrayvr

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/murrayvr/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/murrayvr/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/murrayvr/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/murrayvr/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/murrayvr/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/murrayvr/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/murrayvr/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/murrayvr/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Registration emails not being sent](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/registration-emails-not-being-sent/)
 *  Thread Starter [murrayvr](https://wordpress.org/support/users/murrayvr/)
 * (@murrayvr)
 * [13 years, 2 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/registration-emails-not-being-sent/#post-3948703)
 * I’ve just disabled the “hide backend” option as well and when I try to register
   I get a page showing a red rectangle under the “Word Press” logo. How do I upload
   a picture/screenshot on this forum?
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Registration emails not being sent](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/registration-emails-not-being-sent/)
 *  Thread Starter [murrayvr](https://wordpress.org/support/users/murrayvr/)
 * (@murrayvr)
 * [13 years, 2 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/registration-emails-not-being-sent/#post-3948677)
 * Hi guys,
 * Just to update this thread: I’ve read various articles on hosting providers blocking
   outbound email. I’m using Gmail as my smtp server and it works for all other 
   email notifications except the new user registration email so I don’t think this
   is a spam issue or my provider blocking email as I’m using an offsite SMTP server
   so my provider isn’t being used to send emails. All other email notifications
   seem to work, it’s just the new user registration one that fails.
 * Does anyone have any advice on how to get this to work? Any debugging tips?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)