Title: Maxime Pedrotti's Replies | WordPress.org

---

# Maxime Pedrotti

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/mpedrotti/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/mpedrotti/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/mpedrotti/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/mpedrotti/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/mpedrotti/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/mpedrotti/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/mpedrotti/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/mpedrotti/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Custom Post Archives] No admin menu item created in WP 3.1.x](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/no-admin-menu-item-created-in-wp-31x/)
 *  Thread Starter [Maxime Pedrotti](https://wordpress.org/support/users/mpedrotti/)
 * (@mpedrotti)
 * [15 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/no-admin-menu-item-created-in-wp-31x/#post-2055399)
 * Alright, thanks a lot, that did fix the problem, I now have the “Settings” link
   in the plugins overview, and the admin menu item shows up.
    Again, thanks for
   your support! 🙂
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Custom Post Archives] No admin menu item created in WP 3.1.x](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/no-admin-menu-item-created-in-wp-31x/)
 *  Thread Starter [Maxime Pedrotti](https://wordpress.org/support/users/mpedrotti/)
 * (@mpedrotti)
 * [15 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/no-admin-menu-item-created-in-wp-31x/#post-2055200)
 * Hi Jacob,
    OK, my mistake — as i mentioned, i am not very experienced at plugin
   coding, and the “research” consisted of a quick Google search for the plugin_action_links
   hook.
 * Anyway, back to the issue:
    I have just tested your plugin with a few fresh, 
   unmodified installations of WP (3.0, 3.0.6 and 3.1.2, all once from the original
   release archive, once from the German WP archive de.wordpress.org). No additional
   plugins or themes were installed, no changes were made to the admin menu.
 * In all these installations, the settings page does not integrate within the admin
   interface, and there is no “Settings” link on the plugins overview page (the 
   plugin itself is shown with the usual options to activate/deactivate/delete, 
   plus the usual description and links to the author’s website).
 * I also tried adding some prints and echoes to the functions mentioned by you,
   however these do not show up on any page, neither when browsing through admin
   pages, nor after activating/deactivating the plugin. I also tried this once with
   WP_DEBUG on and once with it off (should not really be relevant, but I tried 
   anyways).
 * Now to an interesting part of my tests:
    For my current project I work locally
   under Windows 7 with XAMPP. Just to try it out I went and installed the plugin
   on my live web server, which runs with Ubuntu Linux (8.04), and it worked just
   fine. So, the issue might not be WP at all, but the OS on which the web server
   is run (newcom1 had a similar problem described in his thread and he also runs
   WP on XAMPP for Windows), or maybe the web server (Apache 2.2.17 with PHP 5.3.5
   in XAMPP, Apache 2.2.8 with PHP 5.2.4 on my live server).
 * Maybe this information helps…

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)