Title: mcollier's Replies | WordPress.org

---

# mcollier

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/mcollier/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/mcollier/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/mcollier/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/mcollier/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/mcollier/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/mcollier/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/mcollier/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/mcollier/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[RSSImport] Feed sorted by date](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/feed-sorted-by-date/)
 *  Thread Starter [mcollier](https://wordpress.org/support/users/mcollier/)
 * (@mcollier)
 * [12 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/feed-sorted-by-date/#post-4590473)
 * Perhaps my issue is specific to my WordPress 3.7.1 install.
 * My research has determined that the SimplePie class defaults to a reverse chronological
   order sort as documented here:
    [http://simplepie.org/api/class-SimplePie.html](http://simplepie.org/api/class-SimplePie.html)
 * `enable_order_by_date( boolean $enable = true )`
 * I then determined that the SimplePie object is created in wp-includes/feed.php
 * The parameters for the SimplePie object are specified in the function ‘fetch_feed’.
 * I added:
    `$feed->enable_order_by_date(false);`
 * My feed was immediately displayed in the desired chronological order.
 * Now that I have made this code modification, changing the sort order in my yahoo
   pipe does in fact change the order displayed on my site.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[RSSImport] Feed sorted by date](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/feed-sorted-by-date/)
 *  Thread Starter [mcollier](https://wordpress.org/support/users/mcollier/)
 * (@mcollier)
 * [12 years, 8 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/feed-sorted-by-date/#post-4590440)
 * Hello Frank,
 * I have reversed the sort order of my yahoo feed. It is now set to descending 
   in the pipe. I am seeing no change in the displayed feed on my website. I believe
   I have also been able to clear the simplepie cache as well just to be sure.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[RSSImport] Using "Before Items" field, in widget, causes display problem](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/using-before-items-field-in-widget-causes-display-problem/)
 *  [mcollier](https://wordpress.org/support/users/mcollier/)
 * (@mcollier)
 * [12 years, 8 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/using-before-items-field-in-widget-causes-display-problem/#post-4537660)
 * Hello!
 * this page documents all the options. [https://wordpress.org/plugins/rss-import/](https://wordpress.org/plugins/rss-import/)
 * The default value of start_items is
    `<ul>`, it sounds like you’ve overwritten
   that value with your `<a>` tag. I think if you just tack the `<ul>` onto the 
   end of your custom code, you should be back in business.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)