Title: Marco Beierer's Replies | WordPress.org

---

# Marco Beierer

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/mbsec/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/mbsec/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/mbsec/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/mbsec/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/mbsec/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/mbsec/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/mbsec/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/mbsec/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 143 total)

1 [2](https://wordpress.org/support/users/mbsec/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)
[3](https://wordpress.org/support/users/mbsec/replies/page/3/?output_format=md) …
[8](https://wordpress.org/support/users/mbsec/replies/page/8/?output_format=md) 
[9](https://wordpress.org/support/users/mbsec/replies/page/9/?output_format=md) 
[10](https://wordpress.org/support/users/mbsec/replies/page/10/?output_format=md)
[→](https://wordpress.org/support/users/mbsec/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)

 *   Forum: [Reviews](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/reviews/)
    In reply to:
   [[Link Checker] Bait and Switch – Pretty much forced to buy if you want to use.](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/remove-this-plugin-for-sketchy-business-practice/)
 *  Plugin Author [Marco Beierer](https://wordpress.org/support/users/mbsec/)
 * (@mbsec)
 * [5 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/remove-this-plugin-for-sketchy-business-practice/#post-14163435)
 * Let me say it this way: about 99 percent of the regular users (not one time users)
   use the free version and are happy with it. Just about one percent of the regular
   users purchased the pro version.
 * So In my opinion it’s not just an ad for a paid plugin!
 * Also I have to pay for the servers that do all the link checking and that cost
   is not that low. Your server just have to handle the requests from my server,
   which is the same load as of a normal visitor.
 * Link checking is not a light work load. It for example requires lots of memory
   to temporary store all the data during the check of the website and also CPU 
   power to parse the HTML pages.
 * Some hosters not even allow local link checkers because of how many resources
   they need.
 * If you do the checking with a local plugin, you also have the risk to get your
   server blacklisted and because many hosters have the mail server on the same 
   server as the websites, it could be that your emails get blocked by other providers.
 * There are lots of considerations to decide between a local checker and a remote
   one like provided by me. But because a remote one is expensive to operate, it
   cannot provided for free.
 * I also understand if people get mad if the description is not clear and just 
   notice that the free use is limited after installing a plugin. But I make the
   limitations of the free version very clear in the description.
 * However, nearly all of the negative reviews come from people that prefer to write
   bad reviews to just read the description before installing a plugin. Which should
   be in your own interest if you operate a website responsibly.
 * I simply cannot understand why people just try to destroy small businesses with
   such reviews. Everything is explained in the description and every user can decide
   by himself/herself if he/she likes to use a plugin.
 *   Forum: [Reviews](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/reviews/)
    In reply to:
   [[Link Checker] Bait and Switch – Pretty much forced to buy if you want to use.](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/remove-this-plugin-for-sketchy-business-practice/)
 *  Plugin Author [Marco Beierer](https://wordpress.org/support/users/mbsec/)
 * (@mbsec)
 * [5 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/remove-this-plugin-for-sketchy-business-practice/#post-14156274)
 * I’m sorry that my plugin made you so angry?! 🙂
 * The free quota is enough for more than 95 percent of the users. The cheapest 
   plan for websites with up to 25’000 URLs is enough for about 99 percent of the
   websites.
 * Every time you use the plugin, the limit count starts from 0 again. So if your
   website has less than 25’000 URLs you can use it as often as you like within 
   one year.
 * For the rest, please read the description of the plugin, everything is explained
   there. If you have question and you ask with a nicer tone, I’m happy to help 
   you out.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Sitemap Generator] Plugin problems](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-problems-23/)
 *  Plugin Author [Marco Beierer](https://wordpress.org/support/users/mbsec/)
 * (@mbsec)
 * [5 years, 8 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-problems-23/#post-13983180)
 * Hi [@satartor](https://wordpress.org/support/users/satartor/)
 * Thank you for your reply, I’m glad that it works now!
 * I’m not sure why it didn’t work the last time. I had no reports from other users
   the last few month and thus the Sitemap Generator should have worked fine.
 * Often the origin of issues is a firewall that doesn’t allow the Sitemap Generator
   to access the site. But in these cases you should get an error message and no
   sitemap is saved.
 * I don’t understand exactly what kind of issues you had, because translation of
   your description ([https://wordpress.org/support/topic/sitemap-returns-404-not-found-page/#post-13235649](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/sitemap-returns-404-not-found-page/#post-13235649))
   is hard to read.
 * If the Sitemap Generator reported that your site has more URLs than allowed by
   the token, it is often an extension that generates dynamically thousands of pages.
 * It could even be a infinite number of pages, for example I have seen some calendars,
   which have a “go to next month” button, but have no limit of the max year. And
   in these cases the Sitemap Generator gets trapped because he doesn’t know that
   for example a page for the month February in the year 99999999999 doesn’t make
   sense and should be ignored.
 * Another source of trouble can be cache or compression plugins. Your frontpage
   is relatively large (about 1.4 MB) and has lots of metadata (much from woocommerce).
 * But you have a compression plugin installed which brings the size down to under
   100 KB. If there is now an error in the compression implementation, it could 
   be that the uncompressed content is not exactly the same as your WordPress site
   originally generated and the HTML could get invalid.
 * Browsers are normally very fault tolerant, but the Sitemap Generator and other
   crawlers, for example from search engines, are usually more strict when parsing
   the HTML.
 * I hope this info helps a little bit.
 * Have a nice evening
    Marco
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Sitemap Generator] Plugin problems](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-problems-23/)
 *  Plugin Author [Marco Beierer](https://wordpress.org/support/users/mbsec/)
 * (@mbsec)
 * [5 years, 8 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-problems-23/#post-13980323)
 * [@satartor](https://wordpress.org/support/users/satartor/)
    I made a quick test
   run and it seems to work fine. I was able to generate a sitemap for your website.
 * Please find below the new token for your website. It is valid for one year for
   a website with up to 50’000 URLs, just in case the purchased 25’000 URLs token
   wasn’t enough.
 * Please make sure that there are no spaces or line breaks introduced when copying
   the token.
 * Can you try it again with the new token?
 * Best regards
    Marco
 * `eyJhbGciOiJSUzUxMiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJEb21haW4iOiJyZWdyYW5kcy5ydSIsIlBhZ2VMaW1pdCI6NTAwMDAsIlNlcnZpY2UiOiJTaXRlbWFwIEdlbmVyYXRvciIsImV4cCI6MTY0MzU2OTUzMiwiaXNzIjoiTWFyY28gQmVpZXJlciIsInN1YiI6InNpdGVtYXBnZW5lcmF0b3IifQ.
   hJBk4Hc_yy26_liEHtLgmvh-DbD7UtclxF5YsvVcP8diPexkvHkQF8XB8qR3vv-0AiErbIKKThqGkCT-
   BNs0eRcSjfGxzuU0qM5qzLG8Gbg_PDpUGRGc5WNx0JHsh2VTQbefQCcaRdSwK7ZhYbza37JXelvez8JW_rnmwf19B5SNlKKGIGoh4Ubls-
   297Kz1bqkx8oFYc-xy8Znl-pKZpst2fCst9aaUHVBwFliThf826M898RNlUmehLEWZux20geIOmV-
   Y7DF5XF_6JRUeiqK9r9DIeNlSgDfcD9wFf2Q7G4TdjsC-v9H1BYfQLp2Z-O-aIUfZRdjWYJ0NpPQUkTEeYNpevR3t6k2Zieq-
   hU_lBoRcTN27gBZJgXFs7dU1HWz8j5gxuYB5osXa8fAVlHVYR5dKTDCTfN66DJbYE8YYa-BG7NTs_6FpgKCLfseS-
   PmsXSxfV6mse4X-2qsHSQ0brVpeSBKtIT4uiDSrIaMOpdyoEYUZoXU_9cFPnlcaH-h_IwEeqeHkT-
   FjBOD7pF6mN-GOkpsXAWTCG9MFoWCQYFhwgnjC5OoI4xa4ZWD9j-LRuaZdzyrXhRA056CgxnVq2iLdviCuESKt0qToMYhJKxMyAWz1w6hwCNImDIyf-
   Qau6Ko_7guJBfAmPYlj8cI_SSL83jbKFRyoVLemDdk`
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Sitemap Generator] Plugin problems](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-problems-23/)
 *  Plugin Author [Marco Beierer](https://wordpress.org/support/users/mbsec/)
 * (@mbsec)
 * [5 years, 8 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-problems-23/#post-13966739)
 * If you prefer, I could also send you the purchase amount via Paypal. It’s not
   nice for me, because the purchase was 1.5 years ago and I already paid taxes 
   and fees on the amount, which I could not get back, but if it’s what you prefer,
   I would do that.
 * Yeah, it’s a shame, but to be fair, you purchased a product with a license for
   12 month and complained after 11 month that it doesn’t work. And I cannot check
   if the token was used for the first 11 month because I keep no detailed usage
   logs…
    -  This reply was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by [Marco Beierer](https://wordpress.org/support/users/mbsec/).
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Sitemap Generator] Plugin problems](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-problems-23/)
 *  Plugin Author [Marco Beierer](https://wordpress.org/support/users/mbsec/)
 * (@mbsec)
 * [5 years, 8 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-problems-23/#post-13966497)
 * Hi [@satartor](https://wordpress.org/support/users/satartor/)
 * Thank you for your message.
 * Do you talk about the conversation at [https://wordpress.org/support/topic/sitemap-returns-404-not-found-page/](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/sitemap-returns-404-not-found-page/)?
   If so, sorry I didn’t follow up.
 * I had a quick look and you purchased the token in September 2019 and it is valid
   for one year. Your message was from August 2020 and the token expired one month
   later.
 * If you like, I can offer you a free token for another year, but I’m not sure 
   if this problem is easily fixable.
 * I had a quick look at your website and it seems there is something messed up 
   with the HTML code. The w3c validator reports lots of errors and it seems there
   is something wrong, also because the reported errors partly don’t match up with
   the HTML delivered to me when I access the site.
 * If you use the Sitemap Generator again, I can have a look at the log files and
   see with what parts the Sitemap Generator has issues when accessing your site,
   but from what I see now, it seems that you then have to fix some technical issues
   with your website.
 * Best regards
    Marco
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Sitemap Generator] Sitemap Returns 404 Not Found Page](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/sitemap-returns-404-not-found-page/)
 *  Plugin Author [Marco Beierer](https://wordpress.org/support/users/mbsec/)
 * (@mbsec)
 * [6 years, 1 month ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/sitemap-returns-404-not-found-page/#post-13239479)
 * Hi [@satartor](https://wordpress.org/support/users/satartor/)
 * Sorry for the trouble you have.
 * Can you send me a link to your website, so that I can have a look?
 * Alternatively, I could also refund your payment, but would also need the URL 
   of the website.
 * Best regards
    Marco
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Sitemap Generator] Sitemap Returns 404 Not Found Page](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/sitemap-returns-404-not-found-page/)
 *  Plugin Author [Marco Beierer](https://wordpress.org/support/users/mbsec/)
 * (@mbsec)
 * [6 years, 2 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/sitemap-returns-404-not-found-page/#post-13214572)
 * Hi [@collinbassett](https://wordpress.org/support/users/collinbassett/)
 * Sorry for the late reply. I was out of office today and had a full schedule yesterday
   and thus no time yet to reply.
 * I had a quick look at the site and the issue is an existing redirect. Opening
   sitemap.xml redirects to sitemap_index.xml which does not exist.
 * The Sitemap Generator generates the sitemap.xml and never does any redirects,
   so the redirection has be defined somewhere else. Maybe in another plugin or 
   the .htaccess file? Do you have another sitemap plugin or an generic redirection
   plugin installed?
 * If you like, we can also continue the conversation by mail.
 * Best regards
    Marco
 *   Forum: [Reviews](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/reviews/)
    In reply to:
   [[Link Checker] The price](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/the-price/)
 *  Plugin Author [Marco Beierer](https://wordpress.org/support/users/mbsec/)
 * (@mbsec)
 * [6 years, 8 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/the-price/#post-12415327)
 * Hi [@gotcha](https://wordpress.org/support/users/gotcha/)
 * I’m sorry that the Link Checker made you feel so bad that you had to leave a 
   one star review.
 * The free version should be enough for small and medium websites. If you have 
   a large website or need some advanced features, you have to pay a little fee.
 * However I cannot understand why paid features are a reason for such a bad one
   star rating. The operation and development of the plugin is not free. Because
   the plugin uses remote servers to do the actual work, I have to pay and maintain
   multiple servers.
 * Best regards
    Marco
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Sitemap Generator] invalid header](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/invalid-header-30/)
 *  Plugin Author [Marco Beierer](https://wordpress.org/support/users/mbsec/)
 * (@mbsec)
 * [6 years, 8 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/invalid-header-30/#post-12394662)
 * Hi [@lshema](https://wordpress.org/support/users/lshema/)
 * Thank you very much, that was helpful. I thought the error message is about a
   HTML header, but it seems to be something WordPress related.
 * I was now able to reproduce the error and am going to work on a fix.
 * The error just occurs if you install the Sitemap Generator from within WordPress
   and try to activate it directly.
 * If you switch to the “Installed plugins” page and activate it there, it works
   fine. This can be used as workaround till the issue is fixed.
 * Best regards
    Marco
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Sitemap Generator] invalid header](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/invalid-header-30/)
 *  Plugin Author [Marco Beierer](https://wordpress.org/support/users/mbsec/)
 * (@mbsec)
 * [6 years, 8 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/invalid-header-30/#post-12389529)
 * Closing this because no reply in the last 10 days.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Sitemap Generator] invalid header](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/invalid-header-30/)
 *  Plugin Author [Marco Beierer](https://wordpress.org/support/users/mbsec/)
 * (@mbsec)
 * [6 years, 8 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/invalid-header-30/#post-12350360)
 * Hi [@obertscloud](https://wordpress.org/support/users/obertscloud/)
 * What do you mean by activate? When you activate the plugin in the plugins manager?
 * If so, I’m not sure if it has something to do with the Sitemap Generator directly.
   Doesn’t sound so. Do you have similar problems with other plugins too?
 * Best regards
    Marco
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Sitemap Generator] Token Failed](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/token-failed/)
 *  Plugin Author [Marco Beierer](https://wordpress.org/support/users/mbsec/)
 * (@mbsec)
 * [6 years, 8 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/token-failed/#post-12325107)
 * Hi Yara
 * Of course, can you send me a short mail to [email@marcobeierer.com](https://wordpress.org/support/users/mbsec/replies/email@marcobeierer.com?output_format=md)
   so that I have your email address?
 * I cannot find our old email conversation and thus don’t know the URL of your 
   website…
 * Best regards
    Marco
 *   Forum: [Reviews](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/reviews/)
    In reply to:
   [[Link Checker] Useless the lite one](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/useless-the-lite-one/)
 *  Plugin Author [Marco Beierer](https://wordpress.org/support/users/mbsec/)
 * (@mbsec)
 * [6 years, 9 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/useless-the-lite-one/#post-12310293)
 * Hi [@kylomylo](https://wordpress.org/support/users/kylomylo/)
 * Why do you think the light version is useless? I haven chosen the limit so, that
   is high enough for small and medium size websites. Just large websites have to
   pay or if you like to check videos or images.
 * It would be also interesting to hear what is unclear about the pricing of the
   professional version? The description including pricing table is available directly
   in the extension and should be easy to find.
 * Also the product page has a pricing table:
    [https://www.marcobeierer.com/tools/link-checker-professional#pricing](https://www.marcobeierer.com/tools/link-checker-professional#pricing)
 * I would be glad if you find the time to reply, so that I can identify where the
   problem is and make the description more clear.
 * Best regards
    Marco
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Link Checker] Website not reachable](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/website-not-reachable-5/)
 *  Plugin Author [Marco Beierer](https://wordpress.org/support/users/mbsec/)
 * (@mbsec)
 * [6 years, 9 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/website-not-reachable-5/#post-12261574)
 * I have marked this as question as resolved because it is now 2 weeks old without
   a reply.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 143 total)

1 [2](https://wordpress.org/support/users/mbsec/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)
[3](https://wordpress.org/support/users/mbsec/replies/page/3/?output_format=md) …
[8](https://wordpress.org/support/users/mbsec/replies/page/8/?output_format=md) 
[9](https://wordpress.org/support/users/mbsec/replies/page/9/?output_format=md) 
[10](https://wordpress.org/support/users/mbsec/replies/page/10/?output_format=md)
[→](https://wordpress.org/support/users/mbsec/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)