Title: lponce's Replies | WordPress.org

---

# lponce

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/lponce/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/lponce/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/lponce/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/lponce/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/lponce/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/lponce/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/lponce/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/lponce/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

1 [2](https://wordpress.org/support/users/lponce/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)
[→](https://wordpress.org/support/users/lponce/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)

 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[WPvivid Backup for MainWP] Is it possible to create a staging site ?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/is-it-possible-to-create-a-staging-site/)
 *  Thread Starter [lponce](https://wordpress.org/support/users/lponce/)
 * (@lponce)
 * [1 year, 9 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/is-it-possible-to-create-a-staging-site/#post-18192876)
 * Hello,
 * Since the free version of WpVivid Backup allows to create a staging site, this
   question pertains to the free version of your plugin. I believe your answer will
   be helpful to other users who plan to use the MainWP extension with the free 
   WpVivid plugin.
 * Thank you in advance for your response.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[WPvivid Backup for MainWP] Auto backup before update is available in mainwp ?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/auto-backup-before-update-is-available-in-mainwp/)
 *  Thread Starter [lponce](https://wordpress.org/support/users/lponce/)
 * (@lponce)
 * [1 year, 9 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/auto-backup-before-update-is-available-in-mainwp/#post-18186120)
 * Sorry I should have read the previous topics.
 * According to what is said it’s not available on your extension. That’s really
   too bad because that’s the most powerful feature according to me for any website
   administrator who uses mainwp. We use mainwp mostly because we can from one place
   manage multiple websites. If we have to connect to each of them to do the updates
   and take advantage of the rollback feature, this defeats the purpose of using
   mainwp.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[LiteSpeed Cache] Problem with webp files](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/problem-with-webp-files/)
 *  Thread Starter [lponce](https://wordpress.org/support/users/lponce/)
 * (@lponce)
 * [2 years, 8 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/problem-with-webp-files/#post-17352435)
 * After a lot of trials and errors I managed to find the htaccess rules that work
   correctly. I mean webp files displayed on the browsers compatible with this format
   and jpeg, png files for the others. In case some people have problems with webp
   files like me here it is :
 * <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
 * RewriteEngine On 
   RewriteCond %{HTTP_ACCEPT} image/webp RewriteCond %{DOCUMENT_ROOT}/
   $1.webp -f RewriteRule (.+).(jpe?g|png|gif)$ $1.webp [T=image/webp,E=REQUEST_image]
 * </IfModule>
 * <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
 * RewriteEngine On
   RewriteCond %{HTTP_ACCEPT} !image/webp RewriteCond %{DOCUMENT_ROOT}/
   $1.$2.webp -f RewriteRule (.*).(png|jpe?g|gif).webp$ $1.$2 [T=image/$2,L]
 * </IfModule>
   <IfModule mod_headers.c>
 * Vary Accept env=REQUEST_image
 * </IfModule>
 * <IfModule mod_mime.c>
 * AddType image/webp .webp
 *  </IfModule>
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[LiteSpeed Cache] Problem with webp files](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/problem-with-webp-files/)
 *  Thread Starter [lponce](https://wordpress.org/support/users/lponce/)
 * (@lponce)
 * [2 years, 8 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/problem-with-webp-files/#post-17349217)
 * Thanks for your answer. The webp files appear on chrome but not in safari (Sonoma)
   which should display them. Could be maybe my htaccess snippet which is incorrect.
   Do you have some redirecting rules for webp files I could integrate in the htaccess
   file ?
 * I don’t understand how litespeed chose the images in the media library and decide
   to convert in webp format or not. It’s quite mysterious as the images that don’t
   have the webp format are simple jpeg or png files.
 * Thanks anyway for your help
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[WP-Optimize – Cache, Compress images, Minify & Clean database to boost page speed & performance] Webp generated but not served](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/webp-generated-but-not-served/)
 *  Thread Starter [lponce](https://wordpress.org/support/users/lponce/)
 * (@lponce)
 * [2 years, 8 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/webp-generated-but-not-served/#post-17349064)
 * I have tested to clear, disable / enable your plugin. The same with the other
   plugins on my website, but there is no way to have it working correctly. What’s
   so frustrating is that all the webp files are on the server and just wait to 
   be displayed.
 * Sorry about my previous message which was erroneous. When I am logged in the 
   website does not deliver any webp files (it was my mistake, it was another server
   using another cache plugin).
 * What iI don’t get about your plugin is that your plugin doesn’t write any redirecting
   rule for webp files on the htaccess file. I had to find ones to put by hand in
   the htaccess. When I read my htaccess file there are many lines which come from
   your plugin. Why don’t you integrate webp redirecting rule ?
 * It’s really too bad because I really loved the approach of your plugin. I use
   a lot updraftplus backup plugin, and I felt at home with your wp-optimize plugin,
   everything was so easy and natural. I really would have loved to have it working
   and use it on all my websites.
 * Hope your next plugin version will better deal with webp files.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[LiteSpeed Cache] Problem with webp files](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/problem-with-webp-files/)
 *  Thread Starter [lponce](https://wordpress.org/support/users/lponce/)
 * (@lponce)
 * [2 years, 8 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/problem-with-webp-files/#post-17347380)
 * Yes. That’s working now and most of the webp files are displayed. I don’t know
   what happened. Is there any delay between the fact that the webp file is generated
   and the fact it is managed by the cache ?
 * One last question, how can I generate webp for the media files that still don’t
   have the webp file format ? Is it possible to push a specific media file to quic.
   cloud in order to generate the webp file ?
 * When I go to the admin in image optimization, there’s no way to do manually an
   optimization request.
 * Thanks
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[WP-Optimize – Cache, Compress images, Minify & Clean database to boost page speed & performance] Webp generated but not served](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/webp-generated-but-not-served/)
 *  Thread Starter [lponce](https://wordpress.org/support/users/lponce/)
 * (@lponce)
 * [2 years, 8 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/webp-generated-but-not-served/#post-17345564)
 * I have just tried to reset the serving method with no success.
   When I am not 
   logged in to the site the images shown are the jpeg and png files. But once I
   am logged in all the images are now in the webp format.
 * The htaccess file seems to activate the rewrite only when I am logged in.
 * Don’t understand what is going wrong ??
 * Thanks for your help
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[LiteSpeed Cache] Problem with webp files](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/problem-with-webp-files/)
 *  Thread Starter [lponce](https://wordpress.org/support/users/lponce/)
 * (@lponce)
 * [2 years, 8 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/problem-with-webp-files/#post-17343429)
 * Yes I can see the webp files in the uploads directory and they are accessible.
 * As it’s really important I did some test yesterday. In your plugin there is an
   option to delete all the optimization data. I have done this yesterday, and the
   webp files were requested during the night. I was hoping that could solve the
   problem.
 * I have the message : Image groups total: Congratulations, all requested!
 * If I go to the media library I can see that there are still some files which 
   don’t have the webp but most of them are generated. This seems normal as I have
   reached the daily limit of 500 files generated.
 * But it’s still the same, none of the webp files are displayed.
 * The strange thing is that if I log to the admin and display the website all the
   webp files are now correctly displayed.
 * The report number is **RHJPZHKO**
 * Thanks
    -  This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by [lponce](https://wordpress.org/support/users/lponce/).
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[LiteSpeed Cache] Problem with webp files](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/problem-with-webp-files/)
 *  Thread Starter [lponce](https://wordpress.org/support/users/lponce/)
 * (@lponce)
 * [2 years, 8 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/problem-with-webp-files/#post-17341332)
 * Just to let you know that “cache logged-in users” is activated
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[UpdraftPlus: WP Backup & Migration Plugin] Cloned site problem 24h later the migration](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/cloned-site-problem-24h-later-the-migration/)
 *  Thread Starter [lponce](https://wordpress.org/support/users/lponce/)
 * (@lponce)
 * [2 years, 8 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/cloned-site-problem-24h-later-the-migration/#post-17330055)
 * You are right. After some investigation, this bug was due to my caching plugin.
 * Thanks a lot
   Laurent
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Login for Google Apps by WPAuth] Help ! Login to my website is no more possible](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/help-login-to-my-website-is-no-more-possible/)
 *  Thread Starter [lponce](https://wordpress.org/support/users/lponce/)
 * (@lponce)
 * [4 years, 11 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/help-login-to-my-website-is-no-more-possible/#post-14985507)
 * Thank you very much for your help.
    Everything is fine now.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Keyy Two Factor Authentication (like Clef)] How many websites ?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/how-many-websites/)
 *  Thread Starter [lponce](https://wordpress.org/support/users/lponce/)
 * (@lponce)
 * [9 years, 4 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/how-many-websites/#post-9190943)
 * Thanks for your answer.
    I understand your point but I think that only 5 sites
   for free is too small. I have found another solution which seems to be a good
   clef alternative for me.
 * I really hope you good success with your new plugin.
    Best wishes Laurent
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Yoast SEO - Advanced SEO with real-time guidance and built-in AI] Sitemap exists, but comes up as a 404 error in Google](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/sitemap-exists-but-comes-up-as-a-404-error-in-google/)
 *  [lponce](https://wordpress.org/support/users/lponce/)
 * (@lponce)
 * [9 years, 10 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/sitemap-exists-but-comes-up-as-a-404-error-in-google/#post-8522007)
 * The bug came from nginx rules which weren’t updated on my server.
    I have updated
   the rules according to this page : [https://kb.yoast.com/kb/my-sitemap-is-giving-a-404-error-what-should-i-do/](https://kb.yoast.com/kb/my-sitemap-is-giving-a-404-error-what-should-i-do/)
   and everything is fine now.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Yoast SEO - Advanced SEO with real-time guidance and built-in AI] Sitemap exists, but comes up as a 404 error in Google](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/sitemap-exists-but-comes-up-as-a-404-error-in-google/)
 *  [lponce](https://wordpress.org/support/users/lponce/)
 * (@lponce)
 * [9 years, 10 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/sitemap-exists-but-comes-up-as-a-404-error-in-google/#post-8521879)
 * I have the same problem. I have tried to save permalinks and uncheck and re-check
   the option.
    The search console still indicates 404 error.
 * The strange thing is that my new website is in a network, and all the sites in
   the network are ok except this one.
 * For info, the plugins I use only on this site are :
    – Category Posts in Custom
   Menu – Cookie Notice – Crop Thumbnails – Recent Posts Widget Extended – Simple
   Calendar – Custom sidebars and Snazzy Maps
 * For now, I will have to use a new plugin to generate the sitemap file.
    Hope 
   this bug will be resolved soon to be able to use Yoast again.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Simple Calendar - Google Calendar Plugin] little bug for all day event](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/little-bug-for-all-day-event/)
 *  Thread Starter [lponce](https://wordpress.org/support/users/lponce/)
 * (@lponce)
 * [9 years, 10 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/little-bug-for-all-day-event/#post-8470644)
 * Yes it seems to be the exact same issue.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

1 [2](https://wordpress.org/support/users/lponce/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)
[→](https://wordpress.org/support/users/lponce/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)