Title: lemur's Replies | WordPress.org

---

# lemur

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/lemur/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/lemur/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/lemur/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/lemur/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/lemur/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/lemur/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/lemur/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/lemur/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Sidebar Font Size Changes on Pages](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/sidebar-font-size-changes-on-pages/)
 *  Thread Starter [lemur](https://wordpress.org/support/users/lemur/)
 * (@lemur)
 * [19 years, 1 month ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/sidebar-font-size-changes-on-pages/#post-610790)
 * damn…
 * can’t blame a guy for trying! 🙂
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Sidebar Font Size Changes on Pages](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/sidebar-font-size-changes-on-pages/)
 *  Thread Starter [lemur](https://wordpress.org/support/users/lemur/)
 * (@lemur)
 * [19 years, 1 month ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/sidebar-font-size-changes-on-pages/#post-610785)
 * heh heh – do you guys offer any php support for Simple Machines Forum? I’m having
   a devil of a problem (and, regrettably, the community support system there isn’t
   quite as ‘vivacious’ as this one!)
 * Chris
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Sidebar Font Size Changes on Pages](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/sidebar-font-size-changes-on-pages/)
 *  Thread Starter [lemur](https://wordpress.org/support/users/lemur/)
 * (@lemur)
 * [19 years, 1 month ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/sidebar-font-size-changes-on-pages/#post-610779)
 * Thank you…
 * I had two <font> references to start single.php, but only one </font>.
 * I actually had to google “font tag” to see what exactly was being discussed. 
   Continuing my “learning by fire.”
 * Yes, that fixed it completely. Thank you all for your help! I’ll mark this thread
   as “resolved.”
 * Chris
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Sidebar Font Size Changes on Pages](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/sidebar-font-size-changes-on-pages/)
 *  Thread Starter [lemur](https://wordpress.org/support/users/lemur/)
 * (@lemur)
 * [19 years, 1 month ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/sidebar-font-size-changes-on-pages/#post-610773)
 * hmmm…ok…I checked that link out. I really AM new at this…it made no sense.
 * I checked off to “show the source,” but when I looked at each “error,” the result
   in the source is exactly the same as what the error message is asking me to change.
 * Chris
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Sidebar Font Size Changes on Pages](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/sidebar-font-size-changes-on-pages/)
 *  Thread Starter [lemur](https://wordpress.org/support/users/lemur/)
 * (@lemur)
 * [19 years, 1 month ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/sidebar-font-size-changes-on-pages/#post-610769)
 * I’m very new to all this, so please bear with me 🙂
 * If I use that validation check page, and then, go back to the specific posts &
   pages that are referenced on that page, that should clear everything up?
 * I’m so much more used to Simple Machines Forum – if one “>” is out of place, 
   it simply won’t allow the page to even load!
 * Chris
 *   Forum: [Themes and Templates](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/themes-and-templates/)
   
   In reply to: [Making header fluid](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/making-header-fluid/)
 *  Thread Starter [lemur](https://wordpress.org/support/users/lemur/)
 * (@lemur)
 * [19 years, 3 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/making-header-fluid/#post-588785)
 * I did find this information in the codex:
 * “If you are designing a Theme with a flexible or “elastic” screen width, then
   the width of your header becomes important.
 * “If you are using a header image that can be repeated, and you are using elastic
   widths, you can set the styles within the header to repeat to fill the space:
 * #header {
    background: url(“/images/kubrickheader.jpg”) repeat-x top left; }
 * “This sets the header image to repeat horizontally beginning from the top left
   corner and going across. You can adjust these to whatever background position(
   [http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/colors.html#background-properties](http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/colors.html#background-properties))
   your header design and layout needs. :
 * However, it does not address what to do if you are using a fluid/elastic theme
   and a header image that cannot be repeated (as in my case).
 * Chris
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Question re: Backups](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/question-re-backups/)
 *  Thread Starter [lemur](https://wordpress.org/support/users/lemur/)
 * (@lemur)
 * [19 years, 3 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/question-re-backups/#post-588043)
 * So this plugin takes the place of PHPMyAdmin? If so, that’s exactly what I want!
 * To do a full backup then – run this plug in, then download all the files using
   CuteFTP as another backup — then everything is “backed up” and I can upgrade 
   to the new version?
 * Thanks!
 * Chris
 *   Forum: [Everything else WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/miscellaneous/)
   
   In reply to: [Subscriber vs. Contributor](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/subscriber-vs-contributor/)
 *  Thread Starter [lemur](https://wordpress.org/support/users/lemur/)
 * (@lemur)
 * [19 years, 3 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/subscriber-vs-contributor/#post-583006)
 * OK – yes, I have that set already – so that will override the designation?
 * Therefore, if I set someone up as subscriber, and have the above checked, they
   will be able to read and comment, but not post something new?
 * If so, then that will work exactly as I want. Thanks!
 * Chris

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)