Title: kwikbreaks's Replies | WordPress.org

---

# kwikbreaks

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/kwikbreaks/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/kwikbreaks/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/kwikbreaks/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/kwikbreaks/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/kwikbreaks/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/kwikbreaks/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/kwikbreaks/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/kwikbreaks/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

 *   Forum: [Reviews](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/reviews/)
    In reply to:
   [[Merge + Minify + Refresh] Looking good](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/looking-good-11/)
 *  Thread Starter [kwikbreaks](https://wordpress.org/support/users/kwikbreaks/)
 * (@kwikbreaks)
 * [11 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/looking-good-11/#post-7956484)
 * Incidentally I see these 404s in my May AWstats…
 * /wp-content/cache/autoptimize/js/autoptimize_2563c81971f88e08f56a96145a24139c.
   js 1 –
    /wp-content/cache/autoptimize/js/autoptimize_8aaa9603015384ae0a22ef1fe3a81a70.
   js
 * I removed Autoptimize in the middle of April.
 * There are others for mmr too.
 * All a little strange – certainly there must be some access of filenames cached
   quite a while back. I recall baidu spider showed one in the logs extract I posted
   above.
 *   Forum: [Reviews](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/reviews/)
    In reply to:
   [[Merge + Minify + Refresh] Looking good](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/looking-good-11/)
 *  Thread Starter [kwikbreaks](https://wordpress.org/support/users/kwikbreaks/)
 * (@kwikbreaks)
 * [11 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/looking-good-11/#post-7956483)
 * It don’t think it could have been anything to do with minification because I 
   wasn’t getting any – unless you were doing some name changes despite that.
 * Thanks for your new version I’ll give that a try immediately. I can erase the
   cache on a couple of unimportant sites when I install it and look for future 
   404s. I’ll leave the existing cache in place on the off chance that google are
   doing something strange.
 * My host must be filtering out stuff from the logs I see because there appears
   to be a lot of stuff missing – for instance the only /mmr/ references I get are
   the 404s. The only time I see a .jpg is when accessed by a bot. In other words
   I see the first access by an IP but the subsequent accesses don’t appear. That
   means I can only guess at why those 404s occurred.
 * ====
 * I see from the cache logs that the new version kept the old names and did not
   minify until after I purged the old logs. That’s maybe in some instructions on
   the new version I didn’t read or or maybe something you hadn’t anticipated. Anyway
   I will take my chances on 404s and purge logs post install then visit the site
   myself to bet the merged and minified files.
 *   Forum: [Reviews](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/reviews/)
    In reply to:
   [[Merge + Minify + Refresh] Looking good](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/looking-good-11/)
 *  Thread Starter [kwikbreaks](https://wordpress.org/support/users/kwikbreaks/)
 * (@kwikbreaks)
 * [11 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/looking-good-11/#post-7956479)
 * Well assuming the behaviour is going to continue it may be worth setting a cron
   event to erase them say a week later but it does depend on how often they change
   and how big the cache gets. Wouldn’t it be possible to base the name on the names
   of the inner files? That way if the detail changed it wouldn’t lead to a new 
   one.
 * TBH I thought the 404s came because I purged all the old files after I made a
   change to the google cookiechoices.js to avoid bitching about tap areas being
   too close for mobiles and again when there was a plugin update.
 *   Forum: [Reviews](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/reviews/)
    In reply to:
   [[Merge + Minify + Refresh] Looking good](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/looking-good-11/)
 *  Thread Starter [kwikbreaks](https://wordpress.org/support/users/kwikbreaks/)
 * (@kwikbreaks)
 * [11 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/looking-good-11/#post-7956474)
 * Yes they should be getting current files for sure which is why I suspected the
   scenario I mentioned with one bot doing the initial crawl and the rendering engine
   using the cached crawl bot results.
 * Here are some examples…
 * > 66.249.67.6 – – [28/Apr/2015:19:40:00 +0100] “GET /wp-content/mmr/02b65adfebe230ee649fc28b692c1c27-
   > 1429973119.css HTTP/1.0” 404 4567 “-” “Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Googlebot/2.1;
   > +http://www.google.com/bot.html)”
   >  66.249.67.6 – – [28/Apr/2015:19:40:01 +0100]“
   > GET /wp-content/mmr/7de6c2e13d0130a9d9147004ef57a60a-1429818370.js HTTP/1.0”
   > 404 4566 “-” “Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Googlebot/2.1; +http://www.google.com/
   > bot.html)” 66.249.67.150 – – [29/Apr/2015:20:10:21 +0100] “GET /wp-content/
   > mmr/7de6c2e13d0130a9d9147004ef57a60a-1429818370.js HTTP/1.0” 404 4567 “-” “
   > Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Googlebot/2.1; +http://www.google.com/bot.html)” 66.249.67.6––[
   > 29/Apr/2015:20:10:23 +0100] “GET /wp-content/mmr/02b65adfebe230ee649fc28b692c1c27-
   > 1429973119.css HTTP/1.0” 404 4567 “-” “Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Googlebot/2.1;
   > +http://www.google.com/bot.html)” 66.249.67.150 – – [29/Apr/2015:22:10:14 +
   > 0100] “GET /wp-content/mmr/02b65adfebe230ee649fc28b692c1c27-1430043995.css 
   > HTTP/1.0” 404 4567 “-” “Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Googlebot/2.1; +http://www.
   > google.com/bot.html)” 180.76.5.72 – – [30/Apr/2015:12:33:53 +0100] “GET /wp-
   > content/mmr/02b65adfebe230ee649fc28b692c1c27-1429973119.css HTTP/1.0” 404 4567“-”“
   > Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Baiduspider/2.0; +http://www.baidu.com/search/spider.
   > html)”
 * Same thing with Autoptimise which I stopped using…
 * > 66.249.64.10 – – [12/Apr/2015:13:41:11 +0100] “GET /wp-content/cache/autoptimize/
   > js/autoptimize_1def9452184e35355f8bea6938800833.js HTTP/1.0” 404 3431 “-” “
   > Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Googlebot/2.1; +http://www.google.com/bot.html)”
   >  
   > 66.249.64.10 – – [12/Apr/2015:15:20:14 +0100] “GET /wp-content/cache/autoptimize/
   > js/autoptimize_701631908f497308ac278a379c57b69e.js HTTP/1.0” 404 3431 “[http://www.kwikbreaks.co.uk/site-1752/&#8221](http://www.kwikbreaks.co.uk/site-1752/&#8221);“
   > Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Googlebot/2.1; +http://www.google.com/bot.html)” 66.249.64.14––[
   > 12/Apr/2015:16:34:25 +0100] “GET /wp-content/cache/autoptimize/js/autoptimize_8202e63df1d5530042d6d0701dd44226.
   > js HTTP/1.0” 404 3431 “[http://www.kwikbreaks.co.uk/holmbrook-cumbria/&#8221](http://www.kwikbreaks.co.uk/holmbrook-cumbria/&#8221);“
   > Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Googlebot/2.1; +http://www.google.com/bot.html)”
 *   Forum: [Reviews](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/reviews/)
    In reply to:
   [[Merge + Minify + Refresh] Looking good](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/looking-good-11/)
 *  Thread Starter [kwikbreaks](https://wordpress.org/support/users/kwikbreaks/)
 * (@kwikbreaks)
 * [11 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/looking-good-11/#post-7956472)
 * Cache seems to be reasonable. I have purged all a few times but I think it may
   be a mistake to do so…
 * Since google has moved over to being very hot on mobile friendliness their crawler
   wants to see all css + js. I’ve seen some 404s from their bot on both this and
   a previous plugin cached files and my multiscreen entry in adsense is showing
   a down arrow even though I’ve made no changes that impact responsiveness.
 * I think google are crawling pages for keyword ranking etc. then using their cached
   source to later do the mobile friendly bit. As all those pages will be specifying
   stuff in cache and if you purge cache then they can’t do the mobile friendly 
   testing.
 * Might all be complete rubbish but I won’t be purging my cache unless I see it
   getting silly and even then I’ll just bin really old items.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)