Title: katmaxin's Replies | WordPress.org

---

# katmaxin

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/katmaxin/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/katmaxin/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/katmaxin/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/katmaxin/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/katmaxin/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/katmaxin/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/katmaxin/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/katmaxin/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [I upgraded to 2.6.2…question about my posts from my old blog](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/i-upgraded-to-262question-about-my-posts-from-my-old-blog/)
 *  Thread Starter [katmaxin](https://wordpress.org/support/users/katmaxin/)
 * (@katmaxin)
 * [18 years ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/i-upgraded-to-262question-about-my-posts-from-my-old-blog/#post-871542)
 * So, just an update incase anyone ever has this problem.
 * I was able to recover all my previous posts. So when mrkingid told me I need 
   to transfer databases in order to get posts I realized that I just need to go
   into the database manually to extract the posts.
 * I went into my MySQL database ( I use godaddy ) and then I just ran a query on
   all the fields. I exported it into an excel sheet and viola! I had all of them.
   I’m sure there is any easier way but I’m just glad to have all my content back.
 * If you need any help in the future, email me at:
 * [teaformeteaforyou@yahoo.com](https://wordpress.org/support/users/katmaxin/replies/teaformeteaforyou@yahoo.com?output_format=md)
 * Wayne
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [I upgraded to 2.6.2…question about my posts from my old blog](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/i-upgraded-to-262question-about-my-posts-from-my-old-blog/)
 *  Thread Starter [katmaxin](https://wordpress.org/support/users/katmaxin/)
 * (@katmaxin)
 * [18 years ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/i-upgraded-to-262question-about-my-posts-from-my-old-blog/#post-871432)
 * damn…ok. Ill give it a shot. I should have just created a whole new database.
   poo poo poo. Thanks for the help.
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [I upgraded to 2.6.2…question about my posts from my old blog](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/i-upgraded-to-262question-about-my-posts-from-my-old-blog/)
 *  Thread Starter [katmaxin](https://wordpress.org/support/users/katmaxin/)
 * (@katmaxin)
 * [18 years ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/i-upgraded-to-262question-about-my-posts-from-my-old-blog/#post-871422)
 * Right. So I guess my terminology was wrong. You’re right, I did install a new
   blog, within a new directory. I did this mainly because the files with in my 
   old directory weren’t managed very well.
 * I wouldn’t mind upgrading my old blog, its just I already have this new one set
   up and was wondering if I could just transfer a few files from my old directory
   so it would populate all my old posts.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)