Title: Kaetrin's Replies | WordPress.org

---

# Kaetrin

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/kaetrin/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/kaetrin/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/kaetrin/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/kaetrin/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/kaetrin/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/kaetrin/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/kaetrin/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/kaetrin/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

1 [2](https://wordpress.org/support/users/kaetrin/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)
[→](https://wordpress.org/support/users/kaetrin/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)

 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[reCaptcha by BestWebSoft] Plugin update safe?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-update-safe/)
 *  Thread Starter [Kaetrin](https://wordpress.org/support/users/kaetrin/)
 * (@kaetrin)
 * [1 year, 2 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-update-safe/#post-18555408)
 * Thank you 🙂
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Wordfence Security - Firewall, Malware Scan, and Login Security] Latest update won’t install](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/latest-update-wont-install/)
 *  Thread Starter [Kaetrin](https://wordpress.org/support/users/kaetrin/)
 * (@kaetrin)
 * [8 years, 4 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/latest-update-wont-install/#post-10359840)
 * Hi,
 * I don’t have W3 Total Cache installed. What does it do?
 * My Webhost has (somehow) fixed the issue for now.
 * thx
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Wordfence Security - Firewall, Malware Scan, and Login Security] Latest update won’t install](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/latest-update-wont-install/)
 *  Thread Starter [Kaetrin](https://wordpress.org/support/users/kaetrin/)
 * (@kaetrin)
 * [8 years, 4 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/latest-update-wont-install/#post-10340426)
 * My Webhost ended up doing something to fix the problem when the same thing happened
   with Akismet. I’m not sure what they did though so I can’t be of any help to 
   those who are experiencing the same issue. Sorry!
 *   Forum: [Themes and Templates](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/themes-and-templates/)
   
   In reply to: [[Encounters Lite] Update made my sidebar widgets invisible](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/update-made-my-sidebar-widgets-invisible/)
 *  Thread Starter [Kaetrin](https://wordpress.org/support/users/kaetrin/)
 * (@kaetrin)
 * [10 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/update-made-my-sidebar-widgets-invisible/#post-7327947)
 * Thank you for getting back to me. I’ve updated to the latest version of Encounters
   Lite and it all looks fine.
 * FYI, I don’t have “blog” as an option in pages and I don’t have an “edit page”
   option on the toolbar. I don’t use a static front page so that may be why. In
   any event, I couldn’t do the fix you suggested because I don’t have those options
   available – so I’m extra glad you fixed the issue in the latest release. Thank
   you!
 *   Forum: [Themes and Templates](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/themes-and-templates/)
   
   In reply to: [[Encounters Lite] Update made my sidebar widgets invisible](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/update-made-my-sidebar-widgets-invisible/)
 *  Thread Starter [Kaetrin](https://wordpress.org/support/users/kaetrin/)
 * (@kaetrin)
 * [10 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/update-made-my-sidebar-widgets-invisible/#post-7327862)
 * I’m sorry I don’t understand your answer. I’ve updated the theme again and I’ve
   again lost all the widgets from my blog page. There is no page edit option that
   I can find. Can you provide screenshots or something to assist? The widget page
   indicates that they are all there set to the blog pages but they are not displaying.
 *   Forum: [Themes and Templates](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/themes-and-templates/)
   
   In reply to: [[Encounters Lite] Update made my sidebar widgets invisible](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/update-made-my-sidebar-widgets-invisible/)
 *  Thread Starter [Kaetrin](https://wordpress.org/support/users/kaetrin/)
 * (@kaetrin)
 * [10 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/update-made-my-sidebar-widgets-invisible/#post-7327768)
 * Is the page template only on the new version of the theme? Where exactly will
   I find it?
 * thx
 *   Forum: [Themes and Templates](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/themes-and-templates/)
   
   In reply to: [[Encounters Lite] Update made my sidebar widgets invisible](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/update-made-my-sidebar-widgets-invisible/)
 *  Thread Starter [Kaetrin](https://wordpress.org/support/users/kaetrin/)
 * (@kaetrin)
 * [10 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/update-made-my-sidebar-widgets-invisible/#post-7327714)
 * Just to let you know that I’ve restored the old version from a backup so the 
   display is working correctly now.
 * I’d still like to know what I need to do to make the display work with the new
   version of the theme. But it’s not urgent or anything now.
 * thx 🙂
 *   Forum: [Themes and Templates](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/themes-and-templates/)
   
   In reply to: [[Encounters Lite] Mobile website not displaying properly](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/mobile-website-not-displaying-properly/)
 *  Thread Starter [Kaetrin](https://wordpress.org/support/users/kaetrin/)
 * (@kaetrin)
 * [11 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/mobile-website-not-displaying-properly/#post-6128834)
 * Hi, I’ve just done as suggested. No joy.
 * But then I noticed something weird displaying on the site when I looked at it
   on the desktop. Then I cleared the cache to see if that fixed it. Then the weird
   thing (no header display) was happening all the time. So I re-uploaded the header
   picture and now it’s displaying properly in all places – including mobile.
 * So, even though it wasn’t a plugin problem (who even knows what it was?), it’s
   fixed now.
 * Thx for the suggestion though.
 * Kaetrin 🙂
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[WP Mobile Edition] Unwanted Menu items installed](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/unwanted-menu-items-installed/)
 *  Thread Starter [Kaetrin](https://wordpress.org/support/users/kaetrin/)
 * (@kaetrin)
 * [12 years, 3 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/unwanted-menu-items-installed/#post-4905187)
 * Yeah, what Fabrix said. I slapped myself in the head when I worked it out. The
   plugin installs extra pages. Go to “pages” and delete the pages you don’t want.
   Easy. 🙂
 *   Forum: [Themes and Templates](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/themes-and-templates/)
   
   In reply to: [[Encounters Lite] Overlapping display at foot of blog posts.](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/overlapping-display-at-foot-of-blog-posts/)
 *  Thread Starter [Kaetrin](https://wordpress.org/support/users/kaetrin/)
 * (@kaetrin)
 * [12 years, 4 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/overlapping-display-at-foot-of-blog-posts/#post-4951420)
 * Brilliant! Thank you 🙂
 *   Forum: [Themes and Templates](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/themes-and-templates/)
   
   In reply to: [[Encounters Lite] Increase Font in body text in Encounters Lite](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/increase-font-in-body-text-in-encounters-lite/)
 *  Thread Starter [Kaetrin](https://wordpress.org/support/users/kaetrin/)
 * (@kaetrin)
 * [12 years, 4 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/increase-font-in-body-text-in-encounters-lite/#post-4951305)
 * I’ve added in a custom CSS plug in and solved the problem now. Thank you.
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Centring images in blog posts](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/centring-images-in-blog-posts/)
 *  Thread Starter [Kaetrin](https://wordpress.org/support/users/kaetrin/)
 * (@kaetrin)
 * [12 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/centring-images-in-blog-posts/#post-4831807)
 * For me, the problem was a clash between the WP upgrade and my theme. I’m using
   a work around for the time being. Its only a little bit of a faff.
    Use the following
   code in the text editor:
 * <p style=”text-align: center;”>
    and add a </p> after the HTML for the image
 * If you have more than one image put the </p> after the final image.
 * It’s been working for me. Hope that’s helpful to you. 🙂
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Centring images in blog posts](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/centring-images-in-blog-posts/)
 *  Thread Starter [Kaetrin](https://wordpress.org/support/users/kaetrin/)
 * (@kaetrin)
 * [12 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/centring-images-in-blog-posts/#post-4831651)
 * FYI I posted in the theme support forum and this is what the theme author said:
 * “There are some things with the new WP 3.9 that is creating some issues for a
   lot of people (WP related) but this one is something I need to fix relating to
   images in general. There is CSS that is making the img tag display as a block
   but it looks like it needs to be done as:
 * img (display: inline-block;)
 * I will have to do an update for the theme.”
 * So, that answers the question. Thank you for your help. I thought I’d post here
   to close the loop.
 *   Forum: [Themes and Templates](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/themes-and-templates/)
   
   In reply to: [[Encounters Lite] Trouble Centring images in posts](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/trouble-centring-images-in-posts/)
 *  Thread Starter [Kaetrin](https://wordpress.org/support/users/kaetrin/)
 * (@kaetrin)
 * [12 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/trouble-centring-images-in-posts/#post-4834601)
 * First of all, thank you! I thought I was going crazy here.
 * So, if I type in
 * img (display: inline-block;)
 * to the html editor – do I put it in just before “src=”?
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Centring images in blog posts](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/centring-images-in-blog-posts/)
 *  Thread Starter [Kaetrin](https://wordpress.org/support/users/kaetrin/)
 * (@kaetrin)
 * [12 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/centring-images-in-blog-posts/#post-4831520)
 * Thx for your help. I know it sounds like a simple thing I’m not doing but I can’t
   make sense of it. I think it must have something to do with the paragraph break
   but I’m a little baffled as to why another one would make any difference.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

1 [2](https://wordpress.org/support/users/kaetrin/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)
[→](https://wordpress.org/support/users/kaetrin/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)