Title: JPo's Replies | WordPress.org

---

# JPo

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jrmyprtr/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jrmyprtr/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jrmyprtr/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jrmyprtr/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jrmyprtr/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jrmyprtr/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jrmyprtr/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jrmyprtr/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

1 [2](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jrmyprtr/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)
[→](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jrmyprtr/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)

 *   Forum: [Themes and Templates](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/themes-and-templates/)
   
   In reply to: [[Blocksy] Hero](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/hero-4/)
 *  Thread Starter [JPo](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jrmyprtr/)
 * (@jrmyprtr)
 * [4 years, 4 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/hero-4/#post-15721146)
 * It does. Thanks again.
 *   Forum: [Themes and Templates](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/themes-and-templates/)
   
   In reply to: [[Blocksy] Hero](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/hero-4/)
 *  Thread Starter [JPo](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jrmyprtr/)
 * (@jrmyprtr)
 * [4 years, 4 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/hero-4/#post-15717295)
 * Would setting a focal point in images work? Is this something that could be added?
 *   Forum: [Themes and Templates](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/themes-and-templates/)
   
   In reply to: [[Blocksy] Hero](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/hero-4/)
 *  Thread Starter [JPo](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jrmyprtr/)
 * (@jrmyprtr)
 * [4 years, 4 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/hero-4/#post-15714334)
 * I have a followup question. The hero image looks fine with a transparent sticky
   menu but is cropped awkwardly with transparency disabled.
 * Is there a way to have the image crop in a way that can be controlled? Either
   through a setting, custom css or setting a focal point for cropping? Or some 
   other method. I’ve tested this in both Firefox and Safari and the results are
   similar, but not the same.
 * Narrowing the viewport creates a much more pleasing crop but I tend to work in
   full screen.
 * Examples:
 * [https://ibb.co/4JTrP1C](https://ibb.co/4JTrP1C)
    [https://ibb.co/qMNDYgR](https://ibb.co/qMNDYgR)
   [https://ibb.co/cgmtP4g](https://ibb.co/cgmtP4g) [https://ibb.co/PwHFDsy](https://ibb.co/PwHFDsy)
 *   Forum: [Themes and Templates](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/themes-and-templates/)
   
   In reply to: [[Blocksy] Hero](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/hero-4/)
 *  Thread Starter [JPo](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jrmyprtr/)
 * (@jrmyprtr)
 * [4 years, 4 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/hero-4/#post-15697121)
 * Thank you. Page Title was disabled on the pages. Setting to inherit fixed it.
 *   Forum: [Themes and Templates](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/themes-and-templates/)
   
   In reply to: [[Blocksy] Hero](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/hero-4/)
 *  Thread Starter [JPo](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jrmyprtr/)
 * (@jrmyprtr)
 * [4 years, 4 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/hero-4/#post-15694750)
 * >  Yep, you can easily do so, but you’ll have to turn on the “Title” section 
   > of the page/post, and select the “Type 2” design for it. Here’s a screenshot—
   > [https://ibb.co/Fx68YPX](https://ibb.co/Fx68YPX).
 * This is partly why I am confused — I have set Type 2 and my settings match your
   screenshot.
 * [https://ibb.co/Wg5XFMg](https://ibb.co/Wg5XFMg)
    [https://ibb.co/HKhj5Cs](https://ibb.co/HKhj5Cs)
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Front-end Editor for WordPress] I can't save changes](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/i-cant-save-changes/)
 *  [JPo](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jrmyprtr/)
 * (@jrmyprtr)
 * [11 years, 6 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/i-cant-save-changes/#post-5523603)
 * I’ve had this problem for the past few months. Keep clicking save and nothing
   sticks.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Front-end Editor for WordPress] Is there a button for lists?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/is-there-a-button-for-lists/)
 *  Thread Starter [JPo](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jrmyprtr/)
 * (@jrmyprtr)
 * [11 years, 10 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/is-there-a-button-for-lists/#post-5529543)
 * Pleased to discover that all you need to do is add a dash. Just like Medium. 
   Nice.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[DirectEdit] Duplicated content after saving article](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/duplicated-content-after-saving-article/)
 *  Thread Starter [JPo](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jrmyprtr/)
 * (@jrmyprtr)
 * [12 years, 1 month ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/duplicated-content-after-saving-article/#post-5171138)
 * Hi Carlo,
 * I didn’t try the javascript. I don’t like editing plugins.
 * Thanks anyway.
 * Jeremy
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[DirectEdit] Duplicated content after saving article](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/duplicated-content-after-saving-article/)
 *  Thread Starter [JPo](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jrmyprtr/)
 * (@jrmyprtr)
 * [12 years, 2 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/duplicated-content-after-saving-article/#post-5170961)
 * Thanks Carlo. I’ll deactivate it for now and hopefully you can find a fix.
 * One possible fix might be to allow admins to exclude certain div ids from displaying
   when editing a page.
 * An unrelated question — is there a way to easily switch between editing and viewing?
   For example, being able to click on links within content?
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Related Posts by Sovrn] Same post – two different links](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/same-post-two-different-links/)
 *  Thread Starter [JPo](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jrmyprtr/)
 * (@jrmyprtr)
 * [12 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/same-post-two-different-links/#post-4483863)
 * I do now, but when I made the original post I didn’t. However, it seems that 
   the issue has disappeared. Thanks for following up.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Related Posts by Sovrn] Same post – two different links](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/same-post-two-different-links/)
 *  Thread Starter [JPo](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jrmyprtr/)
 * (@jrmyprtr)
 * [12 years, 8 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/same-post-two-different-links/#post-4483824)
 * I’ve fixed the 301 redirects but I’m still not sure why the old permalink structure
   is being used in some posts. Any ideas?
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[WordPress Related Posts] Getting the white screen of death](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/getting-the-white-screen-of-death/)
 *  Thread Starter [JPo](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jrmyprtr/)
 * (@jrmyprtr)
 * [12 years, 9 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/getting-the-white-screen-of-death/#post-4389954)
 * Nothing comes up. I have installed the “Related Posts” plugin instead and it 
   seems to be fine so I guess I’ll stick with that.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[WordPress Related Posts] Getting the white screen of death](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/getting-the-white-screen-of-death/)
 *  Thread Starter [JPo](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jrmyprtr/)
 * (@jrmyprtr)
 * [12 years, 9 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/getting-the-white-screen-of-death/#post-4389949)
 * Yeah – same (intermittent) result Chrome, Safari and Firefox (OSX 10.8.5)
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[WordPress Related Posts] Getting the white screen of death](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/getting-the-white-screen-of-death/)
 *  Thread Starter [JPo](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jrmyprtr/)
 * (@jrmyprtr)
 * [12 years, 10 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/getting-the-white-screen-of-death/#post-4389934)
 * I have installed a blog with a clean database and I’m getting the same errors.
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Moved my site – lots of plugin errors](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/moved-my-site-lots-of-plugin-errors/)
 *  Thread Starter [JPo](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jrmyprtr/)
 * (@jrmyprtr)
 * [12 years, 10 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/moved-my-site-lots-of-plugin-errors/#post-4418702)
 * > Your previous hosts were probably suppressing all error and warning notices,
   > so you imply didn’t see these notices before.
 * That’s not the case. I had seen one or two (different) errors previously and 
   stopped using those plugins. And I have experienced one critical issue with the
   site related to the Related Posts plugin (white screen of death).
 * These are new issues.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

1 [2](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jrmyprtr/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)
[→](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jrmyprtr/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)