Title: jpl980's Replies | WordPress.org

---

# jpl980

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jpl980/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jpl980/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jpl980/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jpl980/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jpl980/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jpl980/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jpl980/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jpl980/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

1 [2](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jpl980/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)
[→](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jpl980/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)

 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[IP2Location Country Blocker] How to stop storing cache files](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/how-to-stop-storing-cache-files/)
 *  Thread Starter [jpl980](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jpl980/)
 * (@jpl980)
 * [1 year, 2 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/how-to-stop-storing-cache-files/#post-18563604)
 * I have version 2.38.12 installed. The cache files have definitely **not** been
   deleting automatically in this version. Is there some option to enable this?
    -  This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by [jpl980](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jpl980/).
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Cresta Social Share Counter] Twitter share count API does not work anymore](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/twitter-share-count-api-does-not-work-anymore/)
 *  [jpl980](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jpl980/)
 * (@jpl980)
 * [9 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/twitter-share-count-api-does-not-work-anymore/#post-9027161)
 * I’ve tried to activate this via the NewSharecounts API, but Cresta does not seem
   to be registering tweets even after I’ve followed the instructions of entering
   in my website’s URL into the NewShareCounts site. Could you please clarify if
   I’m supposed to ALSO add this code into my site header or footer?
 * `<script type="text/javascript" src="//newsharecounts.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.
   com/nsc.js"></script><script type="text/javascript">window.newShareCountsAuto
   ="smart";</script>`
 * I had assumed this would be built into the plugin, but perhaps it’s not?
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Cresta Social Share Counter] Facebook count not working](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/facebook-count-not-working-2/)
 *  Thread Starter [jpl980](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jpl980/)
 * (@jpl980)
 * [9 years, 6 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/facebook-count-not-working-2/#post-8912483)
 * Creta, okay, I tried that, but it didn’t work. Thanks for attempting to help 
   me with this though. If you happen to be able to find a way to work around this
   FB count issue in your future updates, I’d definitely welcome it!
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Cresta Social Share Counter] Facebook count not working](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/facebook-count-not-working-2/)
 *  Thread Starter [jpl980](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jpl980/)
 * (@jpl980)
 * [9 years, 6 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/facebook-count-not-working-2/#post-8911888)
 * Cresta, thanks for looking into this. This would explain it, as I did make the
   switch from http to https. Do you know if there’s any workaround for this so 
   that both the older http links AND the new https links are both included in the
   Creta FB counter? For example, is there anything I can do with my FB app setup?
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Redirection] Bug- doesn’t differentiate from source URLs that share same beginning](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/bug-doesnt-differentiate-from-source-urls-that-share-same-beginning/)
 *  Thread Starter [jpl980](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jpl980/)
 * (@jpl980)
 * [9 years, 8 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/bug-doesnt-differentiate-from-source-urls-that-share-same-beginning/#post-8646085)
 * Definitely unchecked, so definitely a bug then.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Redirection] Bug- doesn’t differentiate from source URLs that share same beginning](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/bug-doesnt-differentiate-from-source-urls-that-share-same-beginning/)
 *  Thread Starter [jpl980](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jpl980/)
 * (@jpl980)
 * [9 years, 8 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/bug-doesnt-differentiate-from-source-urls-that-share-same-beginning/#post-8645574)
 * I do not. I’m assuming that will fix things? Could you briefly explain what the
   regex option does?
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Simple Social Icons] New Instagram Logo](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/new-instagram-logo-1/)
 *  [jpl980](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jpl980/)
 * (@jpl980)
 * [10 years, 1 month ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/new-instagram-logo-1/#post-7466693)
 * +1 to get this updated.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Simple Social Icons] g Google Plus shows the old icon](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/g-google-plus-shows-the-old-icon/)
 *  [jpl980](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jpl980/)
 * (@jpl980)
 * [10 years, 1 month ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/g-google-plus-shows-the-old-icon/#post-7493359)
 * I agree that the G+ icon needs to be updated, since it’s now off-brand with Google.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Simple Social Icons] New Instagram Logo](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/new-instagram-logo/)
 *  [jpl980](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jpl980/)
 * (@jpl980)
 * [10 years, 1 month ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/new-instagram-logo/#post-7385275)
 * I have the same question.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Yoast SEO - Advanced SEO with real-time guidance and built-in AI] XML declaration allowed only at the start of the document](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/xml-declaration-allowed-only-at-the-start-of-the-document-4/)
 *  Thread Starter [jpl980](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jpl980/)
 * (@jpl980)
 * [10 years, 1 month ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/xml-declaration-allowed-only-at-the-start-of-the-document-4/#post-7670618)
 * Amboutwe, thanks for letting me know. This was in fact a conflict with another
   plugin, and following the steps you outlined, I was able to identify the culprit.
   Thank you!
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Handsome Testimonials & Reviews [Gutenberg Blocks]] Where is shortcode generator?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/where-is-shortcode-generator/)
 *  Thread Starter [jpl980](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jpl980/)
 * (@jpl980)
 * [11 years, 3 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/where-is-shortcode-generator/#post-6186467)
 * No, I don’t see that button. Perhaps my theme doesn’t support this?
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[JM Twitter Cards] Unable to validate Player card w/YouTube video](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/unable-to-validate-player-card-wyoutube-video/)
 *  Thread Starter [jpl980](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jpl980/)
 * (@jpl980)
 * [12 years, 4 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/unable-to-validate-player-card-wyoutube-video/#post-4885954)
 * It’s now working! I resubmitted the card to Twitter, and they approved the Player
   card. It seems to work fine with and without the Steam field populated, but if
   you leave the URL out of that Stream field, it requires 2 clicks to get the video
   started in the Twitter feed. If you populate both the fields, it works perfectly.
 * Thank you so much for the most recent update. It seems to have solved the issue.
   In case you want to see how it looks and what I’ve done, I’ve tweeted it here:
   
   [https://twitter.com/ilumity/status/469554023159590912](https://twitter.com/ilumity/status/469554023159590912)
 * You’ll see I’ve featured a video that’s hosted on YouTube, but I’ve got the actual
   link sending users to my own webpage.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[JM Twitter Cards] Unable to validate Player card w/YouTube video](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/unable-to-validate-player-card-wyoutube-video/)
 *  Thread Starter [jpl980](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jpl980/)
 * (@jpl980)
 * [12 years, 4 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/unable-to-validate-player-card-wyoutube-video/#post-4885916)
 * Great to see the latest version come out (5.2.2). I’ve now tried to populate 
   the Player field only, leaving the Stream field blank. However, it still does
   not work when I submit to the Twitter Cards validator.
 * Could you clarify whether or not I should also populate the Stream field? If 
   so, should that still be in the form:
    [https://www.youtube.com/embed/LINKURL](https://www.youtube.com/embed/LINKURL)
   or should it be the regular stream link in the form of [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LINKURL](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LINKURL)?
 * Thanks.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[JM Twitter Cards] Unable to validate Player card w/YouTube video](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/unable-to-validate-player-card-wyoutube-video/)
 *  Thread Starter [jpl980](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jpl980/)
 * (@jpl980)
 * [12 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/unable-to-validate-player-card-wyoutube-video/#post-4885864)
 * Thanks so much for your willingness to address this. I do think that being able
   to have the video card functionality work for a self-hosted website page w/embedded
   YouTube video would be fantastic because it does allow you to feature the YouTube
   video while driving traffic and click through to your site.
 * If it’s helpful to your development, when I tried to submit this site to the 
   Twitter Cards validator with this using the Twitter Cards meta data here:
 *     ```
       <!-- JM Twitter Cards by Julien Maury 5.2.1 -->
       <meta name="twitter:card" content="player">
       <meta name="twitter:creator" content="@mytwitterhandle">
       <meta name="twitter:site" content="@ mytwitterhandle">
       <meta name="twitter:title" content="MY DESCRIPTION">
       <meta name="twitter:description" content="MY DESCRIPTION.">
       <meta name="twitter:image:src" content="IMAGEFILE">
       <meta name="twitter:image:width" content="350">
       <meta name="twitter:image:height" content="196">
       <meta name="twitter:player" content="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MY_URL">
       <meta name="twitter:player:stream" content="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MY_URL">
       <meta name="twitter:player:stream:content_type" content="video/mp4; codecs=&quot;avc1.42E01E1, mp4a.40.2&quot;">
       <meta name="twitter:player:width" content="350">
       <meta name="twitter:player:height" content="196">
       <!-- /JM Twitter Cards -->
       ```
   
 * . . . I got this response from Twitter:
    _Hello, We’re writing to you to inform
   you that a request from this account to have a Player card whitelisted on our
   Platform has been rejected per our policies ([https://dev.twitter.com/docs/cards/types/player-card](https://dev.twitter.com/docs/cards/types/player-card)),
   specifically: Do: Test your experience across all Twitter clients, including 
   Twitter’s iPhone and Android apps, as well as twitter.com and mobile.twitter.
   com. Cards that do not work in all Twitter clients listed will not be approved.
   Your card loads on desktop and iPhone, but does not load on Android. Testing 
   instructions are available here: [https://dev.twitter.com/docs/cards/types/player-card#Testing\_your\_Card](https://dev.twitter.com/docs/cards/types/player-card#Testing_your_Card)
   Once these issues have been resolved, please resubmit your Player Card to our
   validator ([https://dev.twitter.com/docs/cards/validation/validator](https://dev.twitter.com/docs/cards/validation/validator))
   Once submited, one of our team members will review it for compliance. Regards,
   Twitter Platform Operations
 * Hope this is helpful, and looking forward to seeing the next update. Your Plugin
   is really fantastic, and if I can get this working, I’ll definitely be recommending
   it to everyone i know. Thank you for all your help and willingness to address.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[JM Twitter Cards] Unable to validate Player card w/YouTube video](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/unable-to-validate-player-card-wyoutube-video/)
 *  Thread Starter [jpl980](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jpl980/)
 * (@jpl980)
 * [12 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/unable-to-validate-player-card-wyoutube-video/#post-4885856)
 * Yes, it seems this could potentially work if I can just get the code right. So
   what I’m gathering from your response then is for me to:
    1) Put the [http://www.youtuble.com/watch?v=LINKURL](http://www.youtuble.com/watch?v=LINKURL)
   into the 1st URL of Player Card iFrame Player field. (not the [https://www.youtube.com/embed/LINKURL](https://www.youtube.com/embed/LINKURL)
   version of the video. 2) Remove any link from the 2nd field
 * Is seems if I do this though, the <meta name=”twitter:player:stream” content=”
   code auto populates with the 1st field’s input. Is there a way to completely 
   omit the <meta name=”twitter:player:stream” content=” line?
 * Also, would I need to add these extra lines into the Twitter Cards code?
 *     ```
       <meta name="twitter:app:name:iphone" content="YouTube">
       <meta name="twitter:app:id:iphone" content="544007664">
       <meta name="twitter:app:name:ipad" content="YouTube">
       <meta name="twitter:app:id:ipad" content="544007664">
       <meta name="twitter:app:url:iphone" content="vnd.youtube://watch/YJVmu6yttiw">
       <meta name="twitter:app:url:ipad" content="vnd.youtube://watch/YJVmu6yttiw">
       <meta name="twitter:app:name:googleplay" content="YouTube">
       <meta name="twitter:app:id:googleplay" content="com.google.android.youtube">
       <meta name="twitter:app:url:googleplay" content="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJVmu6yttiw">
       ```
   

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

1 [2](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jpl980/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)
[→](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jpl980/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)