Title: joshcanhelp's Replies | WordPress.org

---

# joshcanhelp

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/joshcanhelp/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/joshcanhelp/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/joshcanhelp/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/joshcanhelp/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/joshcanhelp/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/joshcanhelp/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/joshcanhelp/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/joshcanhelp/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

1 [2](https://wordpress.org/support/users/joshcanhelp/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)
[→](https://wordpress.org/support/users/joshcanhelp/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)

 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Redirection] No longer re-directing](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/no-longer-re-directing/)
 *  [joshcanhelp](https://wordpress.org/support/users/joshcanhelp/)
 * (@joshcanhelp)
 * [9 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/no-longer-re-directing/#post-8800479)
 * Can confirm, update from 2.4.5 to 2.5 stopped working for us. Production and 
   staging site on WP-Engine was not redirecting, testing locally (PHP and MySQL
   using Homebrew on macOS) also did not work. Reverted to the previous version (
   2.4.5) and we’re good now. Comparing a diff on those two versions doesn’t provide
   much of a clue as to what’s going wrong.
 * If it helps, I have no PHP errors occurring when a redirect should happen. On
   PHP 5.6.29 locally.
 * Thanks!
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[PROPER Contact Form] “Select one…” translation issue](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/select-one-translation-issue/)
 *  Plugin Author [joshcanhelp](https://wordpress.org/support/users/joshcanhelp/)
 * (@joshcanhelp)
 * [9 years, 9 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/select-one-translation-issue/#post-8632282)
 * Sorry about that Spello … I’ll add that as a to-do!
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Stop Spammers Classic] Turn of Stop Spammers on a certain page or POST action?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/turn-of-stop-spammers-on-a-certain-page-or-post-action/)
 *  Thread Starter [joshcanhelp](https://wordpress.org/support/users/joshcanhelp/)
 * (@joshcanhelp)
 * [10 years, 10 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/turn-of-stop-spammers-on-a-certain-page-or-post-action/#post-6755328)
 * If retirement is answering support forum posts and working for free then maybe
   I’ll be working forever 🙂
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Stop Spammers Classic] Turn of Stop Spammers on a certain page or POST action?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/turn-of-stop-spammers-on-a-certain-page-or-post-action/)
 *  Thread Starter [joshcanhelp](https://wordpress.org/support/users/joshcanhelp/)
 * (@joshcanhelp)
 * [10 years, 10 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/turn-of-stop-spammers-on-a-certain-page-or-post-action/#post-6755316)
 * This is on the beta plugins page I assume?
 * [http://www.blogseye.com/beta-test-plugins/](http://www.blogseye.com/beta-test-plugins/)
 * It sounds like this is actually going to go away, which makes me sad but I can’t
   say I’m too surprised. I’m honestly shocked that you still answer support requests!
 * I appreciate the great plugin, Keith, and will be sorry to see it go. I think
   I’ll look into another option here.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[W3 Total Cache] [Plugin: W3 Total Cache] bypass page cache flag](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-w3-total-cache-bypass-page-cache-flag/)
 *  [joshcanhelp](https://wordpress.org/support/users/joshcanhelp/)
 * (@joshcanhelp)
 * [14 years, 1 month ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-w3-total-cache-bypass-page-cache-flag/#post-2686170)
 * I understand how this is working and I’ve got a similar action call in place 
   on a site but how can I be sure that this is happening? Using the action above,
   it doesn’t seem like W3 is calling the function it needs to … wp_die(), add_action(),
   echo, nothing seems to be responding.
 * Code I’m using is below. The constant you’re seeing is set in the template_redirect
   action. Still, if I add ‘wp_die()’ to the function, it doesn’t respond.
 *     ```
       if (function_exists('w3tc_add_action')) w3tc_add_action('w3tc_pgcache_cache_key', 'proper_modify_page_key');
   
       function proper_modify_page_key($key) {
           if (constant('MOBILE_USER_AGENT_DETECTED')) $key .= '_mobile_user_agent';
           return $key;
       }
       ```
   
 * Thanks in advance!
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[JSON API] Disqus plugin adding code to JSON API feed](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/disqus-plugin-adding-code-to-json-api-feed/)
 *  Thread Starter [joshcanhelp](https://wordpress.org/support/users/joshcanhelp/)
 * (@joshcanhelp)
 * [15 years, 9 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/disqus-plugin-adding-code-to-json-api-feed/#post-1813760)
 * Thanks for the reply… that’s a good addition.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[JSON API] Disqus plugin adding code to JSON API feed](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/disqus-plugin-adding-code-to-json-api-feed/)
 *  Thread Starter [joshcanhelp](https://wordpress.org/support/users/joshcanhelp/)
 * (@joshcanhelp)
 * [15 years, 9 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/disqus-plugin-adding-code-to-json-api-feed/#post-1813738)
 * For anyone having this issue…
 * I contacted Disqus support and there is an option for Disqus called “Output Javascript
   in footer.” Go to Comments > Disqus and look on the top right for Advanced Options.
   Click that and check the box for this option. You’ll need to have wp_footer()
   in footer.php but this stops putting it in the header.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [Add custom template fields?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/add-custom-template-fields/)
 *  Thread Starter [joshcanhelp](https://wordpress.org/support/users/joshcanhelp/)
 * (@joshcanhelp)
 * [17 years ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/add-custom-template-fields/#post-1200983)
 * Don’t make me learn how to write a plugin and do this myself… 🙂
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [Add custom template fields?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/add-custom-template-fields/)
 *  Thread Starter [joshcanhelp](https://wordpress.org/support/users/joshcanhelp/)
 * (@joshcanhelp)
 * [17 years ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/add-custom-template-fields/#post-1200965)
 * That theme is about the most complex one I’ve ever seen… a lot of work went into
   that. I’m not sure that a) I would want to work with such a robust framework 
   for such a small piece of what it adds or b) would want to reverse engineer that
   theme.
 * What I want is basically a set of fields in wp-admin (maybe another options screen)
   that can be called in the theme. If I could add extra information to the bloginfo()
   function, editable in the admin screen (like the tagline).
 * Any other ideas? I’ve combed through the plugins looking for something but have
   not had much luck. Thanks!
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [[Plugin: Yet Another Related Posts Plugin] Settings page loads and then disappears](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-yet-another-related-posts-plugin-settings-page-loads-and-then-disappears/)
 *  Thread Starter [joshcanhelp](https://wordpress.org/support/users/joshcanhelp/)
 * (@joshcanhelp)
 * [17 years, 3 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-yet-another-related-posts-plugin-settings-page-loads-and-then-disappears/#post-1110049)
 * Man, I searched for something with google but it didn’t find anything. I probably
   could have looked a little harder on your page.
 * Thank you! Your plugin is awesome!
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Edit post gives 406 error if changes are made](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/edit-post-gives-406-error-if-changes-are-made/)
 *  [joshcanhelp](https://wordpress.org/support/users/joshcanhelp/)
 * (@joshcanhelp)
 * [18 years ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/edit-post-gives-406-error-if-changes-are-made/#post-839223)
 * Same here:
 * Not Acceptable
    An appropriate representation of the requested resource /blog/
   wp-admin/post.php could not be found on this server.
 * Apache/1.3.41 Server at gtmcbride.com Port 80
 *   Forum: [Installing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/installation/)
   
   In reply to: [Error Message after transfering blog](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/interesting-error-message/)
 *  [joshcanhelp](https://wordpress.org/support/users/joshcanhelp/)
 * (@joshcanhelp)
 * [18 years ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/interesting-error-message/#post-707610)
 * FYI: same problem, same resolution
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Visual and html page editor not toggling](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/visual-and-html-page-editor-not-toggling/)
 *  [joshcanhelp](https://wordpress.org/support/users/joshcanhelp/)
 * (@joshcanhelp)
 * [18 years, 2 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/visual-and-html-page-editor-not-toggling/#post-801951)
 * For the record, I don’t use IE 6 or IE anything.
 * The problem just ironed itself out. I wish I could give an explanation of what
   happened but everything is fine now.
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Visual and html page editor not toggling](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/visual-and-html-page-editor-not-toggling/)
 *  [joshcanhelp](https://wordpress.org/support/users/joshcanhelp/)
 * (@joshcanhelp)
 * [18 years, 2 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/visual-and-html-page-editor-not-toggling/#post-801932)
 * Same problem here… tried re-uploading wp-includes and changing permissions but
   it’s a no go
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Text Editor Problem — Visual & HTML Tabs](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/text-editor-problem-visual-038-html-tabs/)
 *  [joshcanhelp](https://wordpress.org/support/users/joshcanhelp/)
 * (@joshcanhelp)
 * [18 years, 2 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/text-editor-problem-visual-038-html-tabs/#post-765844)
 * I’m having the same problem over here… 2 months later

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

1 [2](https://wordpress.org/support/users/joshcanhelp/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)
[→](https://wordpress.org/support/users/joshcanhelp/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)