Title: jko's Replies | WordPress.org

---

# jko

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jkotsch/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jkotsch/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jkotsch/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jkotsch/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jkotsch/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jkotsch/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jkotsch/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jkotsch/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 65 total)

1 [2](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jkotsch/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)
[3](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jkotsch/replies/page/3/?output_format=md)
[4](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jkotsch/replies/page/4/?output_format=md)
[5](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jkotsch/replies/page/5/?output_format=md)
[→](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jkotsch/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)

 *   Forum: [Themes and Templates](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/themes-and-templates/)
   
   In reply to: [[Optimizer] menu issue](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/menu-issue-25/)
 *  Thread Starter [jko](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jkotsch/)
 * (@jkotsch)
 * [10 years, 10 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/menu-issue-25/page/3/#post-6832684)
 * [@layerthemes](https://wordpress.org/support/users/layerthemes/) can I get some
   help please?
 *   Forum: [Themes and Templates](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/themes-and-templates/)
   
   In reply to: [[Optimizer] site menu is different after update](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/site-menu-is-different-after-update/)
 *  Thread Starter [jko](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jkotsch/)
 * (@jkotsch)
 * [10 years, 10 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/site-menu-is-different-after-update/#post-6849361)
 * That’s what I have been told. Would creating a child theme resolve these issues
   I have?
 * I don’t know anything about child themes, so I’m really new to this and learning
   all of this on my own, very slowly.
 *   Forum: [Themes and Templates](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/themes-and-templates/)
   
   In reply to: [[Optimizer] site menu is different after update](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/site-menu-is-different-after-update/)
 *  Thread Starter [jko](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jkotsch/)
 * (@jkotsch)
 * [10 years, 10 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/site-menu-is-different-after-update/#post-6849349)
 * Okay when I save it in Customize, it works but when I open a new page for the
   website it goes back to the way it is.
 *   Forum: [Themes and Templates](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/themes-and-templates/)
   
   In reply to: [[Optimizer] site menu is different after update](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/site-menu-is-different-after-update/)
 *  Thread Starter [jko](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jkotsch/)
 * (@jkotsch)
 * [10 years, 10 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/site-menu-is-different-after-update/#post-6849347)
 * I added the code and nothing changed. Everything is still the same.
 *   Forum: [Themes and Templates](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/themes-and-templates/)
   
   In reply to: [[Optimizer] site menu is different after update](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/site-menu-is-different-after-update/)
 *  Thread Starter [jko](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jkotsch/)
 * (@jkotsch)
 * [10 years, 10 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/site-menu-is-different-after-update/#post-6849345)
 * How is my problem solved if the About Us is at the top of the menu where it’s
   not supposed to be?
 * Do I just add this to the custom CSS? Or do I remove something?
 *   Forum: [Themes and Templates](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/themes-and-templates/)
   
   In reply to: [[Optimizer] site menu is different after update](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/site-menu-is-different-after-update/)
 *  Thread Starter [jko](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jkotsch/)
 * (@jkotsch)
 * [10 years, 10 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/site-menu-is-different-after-update/#post-6849331)
 * [http://www.mwcloudsolutions.com/Developer2/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/top_menu.png](http://www.mwcloudsolutions.com/Developer2/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/top_menu.png)
 * Here is a screen shot of the issue I’m describing. Someone please help. I cannot
   get the menu to work right at all.
 * Also, someone gave me code to fix the menu issue, but when I put that code and
   the code for the scroll to top button in the custom css, the menu or the scroll
   to top buttons dont work right. Layerthemes gave me the code to the scroll to
   top button.
 *   Forum: [Themes and Templates](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/themes-and-templates/)
   
   In reply to: [[Optimizer] scroll to top button](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/scroll-to-top-button/)
 *  Thread Starter [jko](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jkotsch/)
 * (@jkotsch)
 * [10 years, 10 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/scroll-to-top-button/page/2/#post-6830494)
 * Just checked today and the scroll to top button is back to being gray and not
   black. I changed some code for the menu issue I’m having but that’s it.
 *   Forum: [Themes and Templates](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/themes-and-templates/)
   
   In reply to: [[Optimizer] menu issue](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/menu-issue-25/)
 *  Thread Starter [jko](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jkotsch/)
 * (@jkotsch)
 * [10 years, 10 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/menu-issue-25/page/2/#post-6832673)
 * Menu is still not working right.
 * Can anyone help? I cannot get it to look or work right. All of this happened 
   after the update to WordPress and Optimizer last week.
 *   Forum: [Themes and Templates](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/themes-and-templates/)
   
   In reply to: [[Optimizer] scroll to top button](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/scroll-to-top-button/)
 *  Thread Starter [jko](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jkotsch/)
 * (@jkotsch)
 * [10 years, 10 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/scroll-to-top-button/page/2/#post-6830462)
 * Yes the button is black as of now. I believe it changes if I add more custom 
   code in there. I am also having a menu issue right now and that sometimes works
   and sometimes doesnt. I’m still waiting to hear back from layer themes about 
   it.
 *   Forum: [Themes and Templates](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/themes-and-templates/)
   
   In reply to: [[Optimizer] scroll to top button](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/scroll-to-top-button/)
 *  Thread Starter [jko](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jkotsch/)
 * (@jkotsch)
 * [10 years, 10 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/scroll-to-top-button/#post-6830460)
 * Its weird. Like I’ll add the css code then it will work for a while but then 
   it will stop. So i delete it and add it again and it works for a while.
 *   Forum: [Themes and Templates](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/themes-and-templates/)
   
   In reply to: [[Optimizer] scroll to top button](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/scroll-to-top-button/)
 *  Thread Starter [jko](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jkotsch/)
 * (@jkotsch)
 * [10 years, 10 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/scroll-to-top-button/#post-6830459)
 * Strange, I added all the code there. I use the custom CSS because idk how to 
   setup a child theme.
 *   Forum: [Themes and Templates](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/themes-and-templates/)
   
   In reply to: [[Optimizer] menu issue](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/menu-issue-25/)
 *  Thread Starter [jko](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jkotsch/)
 * (@jkotsch)
 * [10 years, 10 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/menu-issue-25/page/2/#post-6832624)
 * Alright, I have not changed anything and the main menu is back to doing what 
   it did originally. THe about us is at the top right and the rest of the menu 
   is down at the bottom below the logo. Also, the main large picture is still moving
   when I hover over it.
 * None of it was like this before the updates.
 * Please advise.
 *   Forum: [Themes and Templates](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/themes-and-templates/)
   
   In reply to: [[Optimizer] scroll to top button](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/scroll-to-top-button/)
 *  Thread Starter [jko](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jkotsch/)
 * (@jkotsch)
 * [10 years, 10 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/scroll-to-top-button/#post-6830451)
 * The button is not black anymore anywhere on the site. Help.
 *   Forum: [Themes and Templates](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/themes-and-templates/)
   
   In reply to: [[Optimizer] scroll to top button](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/scroll-to-top-button/)
 *  Thread Starter [jko](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jkotsch/)
 * (@jkotsch)
 * [10 years, 10 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/scroll-to-top-button/#post-6830447)
 * I know I marked this as resolved, but it’s not anymore. I was looking at my other
   pages and the scroll to top button is only black on the main page. I need it 
   black for every single page for the website.
 * Please advise.
 *   Forum: [Themes and Templates](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/themes-and-templates/)
   
   In reply to: [[Optimizer] menu issue](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/menu-issue-25/)
 *  Thread Starter [jko](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jkotsch/)
 * (@jkotsch)
 * [10 years, 10 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/menu-issue-25/page/2/#post-6832618)
 * I also just noticed that when I hover over the menu items and changed the font
   size in the customize, and didnt add the px at the end of 18, the underline that
   happens when you hover over stays on top of the large photo and not under the
   menu items like it should.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 65 total)

1 [2](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jkotsch/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)
[3](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jkotsch/replies/page/3/?output_format=md)
[4](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jkotsch/replies/page/4/?output_format=md)
[5](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jkotsch/replies/page/5/?output_format=md)
[→](https://wordpress.org/support/users/jkotsch/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)