Title: IDLaunch's Replies | WordPress.org

---

# IDLaunch

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/idlaunch/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/idlaunch/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/idlaunch/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/idlaunch/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/idlaunch/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/idlaunch/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/idlaunch/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/idlaunch/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[MashShare - Social Media Share Buttons, Social Share Icons] Share count not working](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/share-count-not-working-5/)
 *  Thread Starter [IDLaunch](https://wordpress.org/support/users/idlaunch/)
 * (@idlaunch)
 * [8 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/share-count-not-working-5/#post-10049013)
 * I hate to bring you the bad news, but newsharecounts seems to have trouble too.
   
   I’ve checked it. It hasn’t registered any recent shares.
 * I use your plugins (and paid add-ons) for more than a year. Never had any trouble,
   until last week (?). Twitter isn’t working, LinkedIn isn’t working. Which makes
   your plugin kind of useless for me …
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Genesis Portfolio Pro] Sidebar selection](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/sidebar-selection/)
 *  Thread Starter [IDLaunch](https://wordpress.org/support/users/idlaunch/)
 * (@idlaunch)
 * [8 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/sidebar-selection/#post-9984932)
 * Never mind, found the solution 🙂
    Just had to add ‘genesis-simple-sidebars’ 
   to the post-types-and-taxonomies.php file.
 * More detail to add this feature:
    1. open file ‘post-types-and-taxonomies.php’
   in the lib folder 2. search for ‘supports’ => array( 3. add the to array ‘genesis-
   simple-sidebars’ 4. save and replace 5. sidebars can be selected when creating
   a new portfolio item
    -  This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by [IDLaunch](https://wordpress.org/support/users/idlaunch/).
    -  This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by [IDLaunch](https://wordpress.org/support/users/idlaunch/).
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[MashShare - Social Media Share Buttons, Social Share Icons] Share counts problem](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/share-counts-problem/)
 *  Thread Starter [IDLaunch](https://wordpress.org/support/users/idlaunch/)
 * (@idlaunch)
 * [9 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/share-counts-problem/#post-8885168)
 * After some digging around in the code of this plugin, I’ve found the issue. I
   think it’s fair to share it here with you all. Cause this plugin with the networks
   add-on doesn’t work optimal for websites which use the https protocol. At least,
   not right now. They have to fix the issue first.
 * Attached my findings and the response from the Mashshare support team.
 * My message to them:
 * > I went through your code and found this part in the mashsharer/includes folder:
   > file ‘mashengine.php’. This file contains the code for counting the shares.
   > 
   > I’ve noticed you only use the http scheme check for the platforms other than
   > Facebook and Twitter. That seems to be it. The problem of not counting the 
   > shares properly.
   > This is the code I’m talking about:
   >  $RollingCurlX->addRequest( “[https://www.linkedin.com/countserv/count/share?format=json&url=&#8221](https://www.linkedin.com/countserv/count/share?format=json&url=&#8221);.
   > $this->http_scheme_url, $post_data, array($this, ‘getCount’), array(‘linkedin’),
   > $headers ); $RollingCurlX->addRequest( “[http://www.stumbleupon.com/services/1.01/badge.getinfo?url=&#8221](http://www.stumbleupon.com/services/1.01/badge.getinfo?url=&#8221);.
   > $this->http_scheme_url, $post_data, array($this, ‘getCount’), array(‘stumbleupon’),
   > $headers ); $RollingCurlX->addRequest( “[https://plusone.google.com/_/+1/fastbutton?url=&#8221](https://plusone.google.com/_/+1/fastbutton?url=&#8221);.
   > $this->http_scheme_url, $post_data, array($this, ‘getCount’), array(‘google’),
   > $headers ); $RollingCurlX->addRequest( “[http://api.pinterest.com/v1/urls/count.json?url=&#8221](http://api.pinterest.com/v1/urls/count.json?url=&#8221);.
   > $this->http_scheme_url, $post_data, array($this, ‘getCount’), array(‘pinterest’),
   > $headers ); $RollingCurlX->addRequest( “[https://api.bufferapp.com/1/links/shares.json?url=&#8221](https://api.bufferapp.com/1/links/shares.json?url=&#8221);.
   > $this->http_scheme_url, $post_data, array($this, ‘getCount’), array(‘buffer’),
   > $headers ); $RollingCurlX->addRequest( “[https://vk.com/share.php?act=count&index=1&url=&#8221](https://vk.com/share.php?act=count&index=1&url=&#8221);.
   > $this->http_scheme_url, $post_data, array($this, ‘getCount’), array(‘vk’), 
   > $headers );
   > Linkedin works, cause they automatically turn the http scheme into https. But
   > the others don’t.
   >  So I guess you should fix this in your plugin. That Google,
   > Pinterest, Stumbleupon, Buffer, VK also check the https scheme. Then I get 
   > my share counts.
   > And I’m curious: I couldn’t find the other platform checks (reddit, Tumblr 
   > etc.). Aren’t those checked?
   > Love to hear from you.
 * Their response:
 * > Thank you for the details. Yes you’re right. Before this didn’t matter except
   > for Facebook and Twitter. It seems other networks are treating SSL and non-
   > SSL pages separately. We’ll investigate this and fix it with next updates.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)