Title: hazardcell's Replies | WordPress.org

---

# hazardcell

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/hazardcell/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/hazardcell/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/hazardcell/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/hazardcell/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/hazardcell/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/hazardcell/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/hazardcell/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/hazardcell/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Trouble moving wp-content](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/moving-wp-content-outside-web-root/)
 *  Thread Starter [hazardcell](https://wordpress.org/support/users/hazardcell/)
 * (@hazardcell)
 * [13 years, 2 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/moving-wp-content-outside-web-root/#post-3968856)
 * Hey Martha
 * Thanks very much for your help. Yes I ended up using something similar to Mark
   Jaquith’s WP Skeleton. If anyone is wondering, yes you need wp-content to be 
   in the web root.
 * Cheers,
    Joe
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Trouble moving wp-content](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/moving-wp-content-outside-web-root/)
 *  Thread Starter [hazardcell](https://wordpress.org/support/users/hazardcell/)
 * (@hazardcell)
 * [13 years, 2 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/moving-wp-content-outside-web-root/#post-3968689)
 * I am working on a fresh install, WP 3.5.2, no plugins. I tried accessing the 
   stylesheet URL manually at [http://example.com/content/themes/twentytwelve/style.css](http://example.com/content/themes/twentytwelve/style.css)
   and get a 404 error. If the request went through WP at all then it would have
   shown a custom 404 page. But it didn’t. So I’m guessing that means the wp-content
   directory still needs to be in the web root so that the web server can serve 
   the stylesheet?
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Trouble moving wp-content](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/moving-wp-content-outside-web-root/)
 *  Thread Starter [hazardcell](https://wordpress.org/support/users/hazardcell/)
 * (@hazardcell)
 * [13 years, 2 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/moving-wp-content-outside-web-root/#post-3968676)
 * I am using the twentytwelve theme so I don’t think this should be an issue. Unfortunately
   I don’t have a URL to show the problem. I am working on a localhost install.
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Trouble moving wp-content](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/moving-wp-content-outside-web-root/)
 *  Thread Starter [hazardcell](https://wordpress.org/support/users/hazardcell/)
 * (@hazardcell)
 * [13 years, 2 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/moving-wp-content-outside-web-root/#post-3968605)
 * Ok done a bit more digging and I found this line in the codex
 * > Since Version 2.6, you can move the wp-content directory, which holds your 
   > themes, plugins, and uploads, outside of the WordPress application directory.
 * Previously I took that to mean that I could move wp-content outside of the web
   root. Maybe I am wrong. Does it just mean I can move it outside the WordPress
   directory (e.g. if WP is running in a subdirectory) but wp-content would still
   have to be within the web root?
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [# (hash) in Page URL](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/hash-in-page-url/)
 *  [hazardcell](https://wordpress.org/support/users/hazardcell/)
 * (@hazardcell)
 * [13 years, 2 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/hash-in-page-url/#post-3967628)
 * I may be wrong but in a URL, hashes are used to reference anchors on the webpage(
   i.e. particular parts of the webpage e.g. [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anchor_text#Overview](http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anchor_text#Overview)).
   The part after the # symbol is never sent to the server. That’s probably why 
   WordPress doesn’t allow hashes in URLs. If it did, you wouldn’t be able to access
   the page anyway
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Plugin: Yet Another Multi-Site Manager] Mapping to Posts](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-yet-another-multi-site-manager-mapping-to-posts/)
 *  [hazardcell](https://wordpress.org/support/users/hazardcell/)
 * (@hazardcell)
 * [16 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-yet-another-multi-site-manager-mapping-to-posts/#post-1482408)
 * Unfortunately I never designed the plugin to be able to do that. This plugin 
   is only intended to enable the site admin to be able to offer sign ups with domain
   names besides the default wpmu domain name.
 * You could try Donncha’s WordPress MU Domain Mapping plugin. even that does not
   do exactly what you want. It will enable users to map domain names to the main
   page of the blog, but not to specific pages. You could try modifying it to do
   that though.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [Using WordPress MU Subdomain Forwarding killed my admin](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/using-wordpress-mu-subdomain-forwarding-killed-my-admin/)
 *  [hazardcell](https://wordpress.org/support/users/hazardcell/)
 * (@hazardcell)
 * [16 years, 10 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/using-wordpress-mu-subdomain-forwarding-killed-my-admin/#post-1235845)
 * Sorry been pretty busy lately. The plugin was never updated to work with 2.8.
   I did mention in the readme that it only works up to WordPress MU 2.7. Please
   do not use in 2.8
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Plugin: Yet Another Multi-Site Manager] using multi-site manager with buddypress](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-yet-another-multi-site-manager-using-multi-site-manager-with-buddypress/)
 *  [hazardcell](https://wordpress.org/support/users/hazardcell/)
 * (@hazardcell)
 * [16 years, 11 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-yet-another-multi-site-manager-using-multi-site-manager-with-buddypress/#post-1270181)
 * I don’t quite understand what your query is about. Regarding this plugin’s compatibility
   with BuddyPress, I haven’t actually tested it with BuddyPress so I don’t know
   if it will work.
 * EDIT: Chances are this plugin will not work with BuddyPress because I use a custom
   registration page and disable the default WordPress registration page. BuddyPress
   does the same thing so I doubt the two will work together.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Plugin: Invite Friends] jquery error](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-invite-friends-jquery-error/)
 *  Thread Starter [hazardcell](https://wordpress.org/support/users/hazardcell/)
 * (@hazardcell)
 * [17 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-invite-friends-jquery-error/#post-1050029)
 * menu is working but quickpress and other dashboard widgets are still not working
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Plugin: Invite Friends] jquery error](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-invite-friends-jquery-error/)
 *  Thread Starter [hazardcell](https://wordpress.org/support/users/hazardcell/)
 * (@hazardcell)
 * [17 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-invite-friends-jquery-error/#post-1050005)
 * brilliant thanks! where can i download the revised 0.6?
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Plugin: Invite Friends] jquery error](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-invite-friends-jquery-error/)
 *  Thread Starter [hazardcell](https://wordpress.org/support/users/hazardcell/)
 * (@hazardcell)
 * [17 years, 6 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-invite-friends-jquery-error/#post-1049889)
 * This is the bit that causes the error (in bp-invitefriends-admin.php5)
 *     ```
       <script src="../wp-content/mu-plugins/bp-invitefriends/lib/jquery.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
       <script type="text/javascript">
       $(document).ready(function()
       {
         //hide the all of the element with class msg_body
         $(".msg_body").hide();
         //toggle the componenet with class msg_body
   
         $(".msg_head").click(function()
         {
           $(this).next(".msg_body").slideToggle(600);
         });
       });
       </script>
       ```
   
 * if I remove it the ajax on the plugin settings page doesn’t work. any idea how
   I can fix this?
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Gallery](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/gallery-8/)
 *  [hazardcell](https://wordpress.org/support/users/hazardcell/)
 * (@hazardcell)
 * [17 years, 10 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/gallery-8/#post-909296)
 * Matt is using a custom script he wrote for his site _(at least I think he is)_.
   I don’t think he’s released it as a plugin _yet_. there are other plugins that
   do similar things like [NextGEN Gallery](http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/nextgen-gallery/).
   There’s one for WPMU called [Photoblog Gallery Plugin](http://rizapn.blogsome.com/2008/10/24/photoblog-gallery-plugin-for-wpmu/)
   that just formats the way galleries are displayed (just like Matt’s) but I don’t
   know if there’s one for WP.org.
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [GoogleSpell error:443](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/googlespell-error443/)
 *  [hazardcell](https://wordpress.org/support/users/hazardcell/)
 * (@hazardcell)
 * [17 years, 10 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/googlespell-error443/#post-865302)
 * This normally means PHP was not configured with CURL and/or openSSL. I had the
   same problem but I had PHP configured with CURL and openSSL. This fixed it:
 * [http://blog.clearskys.net/2008/11/20/wordpress-spellcheck-woes/](http://blog.clearskys.net/2008/11/20/wordpress-spellcheck-woes/)
 * edit `rpc.php` which is in `wp-includes/js/tinymce/plugins/spellcheck` and comment
   the line that says `header('Content-Encoding: UTF-8');`. that should do the trick
 *   Forum: [Installing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/installation/)
   
   In reply to: [Installation file wont run!](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/installation-file-wont-run/)
 *  Thread Starter [hazardcell](https://wordpress.org/support/users/hazardcell/)
 * (@hazardcell)
 * [21 years, 6 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/installation-file-wont-run/#post-174007)
 * Yes it does.
 *   Forum: [Installing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/installation/)
   
   In reply to: [Installation file wont run!](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/installation-file-wont-run/)
 *  Thread Starter [hazardcell](https://wordpress.org/support/users/hazardcell/)
 * (@hazardcell)
 * [21 years, 6 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/installation-file-wont-run/#post-174005)
 * php is workin well, because i am running phpmyadmin, phpbb and other test scripts
   on the server

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)