Title: GlobalChange's Replies | WordPress.org

---

# GlobalChange

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/globalchange/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/globalchange/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/globalchange/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/globalchange/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/globalchange/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/globalchange/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/globalchange/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/globalchange/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Caption on Featured image](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/caption-on-featured-image-1/)
 *  Thread Starter [GlobalChange](https://wordpress.org/support/users/globalchange/)
 * (@globalchange)
 * [14 years, 9 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/caption-on-featured-image-1/#post-2489146)
 * So I am still trying to figure this out. It’s really important to give people
   credit for their art even if it’s under CC domain. I would like to ensure that
   I sight sources on the pics on my site. I tried the above suggestions but to 
   no avail. I posted the code that I have above in a paste bin. Can someone drop
   the code in. Thanks.
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Caption on Featured image](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/caption-on-featured-image-1/)
 *  Thread Starter [GlobalChange](https://wordpress.org/support/users/globalchange/)
 * (@globalchange)
 * [14 years, 9 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/caption-on-featured-image-1/#post-2489127)
 * Here is the original **Featured**.php code on pastebin
 * [http://pastebin.com/FkBFpTeA](http://pastebin.com/FkBFpTeA)
 * And here is the original **function**.php code on pastebin
 * [http://pastebin.com/5KhYRDzQ](http://pastebin.com/5KhYRDzQ)
 * can someone tell me whats wrong? or input the code where its supposed to go?
   
   Thank you and much gratitude!!
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Caption on Featured image](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/caption-on-featured-image-1/)
 *  Thread Starter [GlobalChange](https://wordpress.org/support/users/globalchange/)
 * (@globalchange)
 * [14 years, 9 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/caption-on-featured-image-1/#post-2489055)
 * Yep I did it an nothing happened. Strange. At least it did not change anything
   🙂
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Caption on Featured image](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/caption-on-featured-image-1/)
 *  Thread Starter [GlobalChange](https://wordpress.org/support/users/globalchange/)
 * (@globalchange)
 * [14 years, 9 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/caption-on-featured-image-1/#post-2488946)
 *     ```
       function get_post_thumbnail_caption() {
       	if ( $thumb = get_post_thumbnail_id() )
       		return get_post( $thumb )->post_excerpt;
       ```
   
 * Then you can just do something along the lines of:
 *     ```
       if ( has_post_thumbnail() ) {
       	the_post_thumbnail( 'medium' );
       	echo wpautop( get_post_thumbnail_caption() );
       }
       ```
   
 * This is what support has provided. Now where do I put this? Below is what I have
   in my feature.php
    ————————————————————————————————
 * _[[excessive code moderated – please use the pastebin for any code longer than 10 lines](http://codex.wordpress.org/Forum_Welcome#Posting_Code)]_
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Caption on Featured image](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/caption-on-featured-image-1/)
 *  Thread Starter [GlobalChange](https://wordpress.org/support/users/globalchange/)
 * (@globalchange)
 * [14 years, 9 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/caption-on-featured-image-1/#post-2488811)
 * Submitted at ticket for this. maybe they can add to next version.
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Caption on Featured image](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/caption-on-featured-image-1/)
 *  Thread Starter [GlobalChange](https://wordpress.org/support/users/globalchange/)
 * (@globalchange)
 * [14 years, 9 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/caption-on-featured-image-1/#post-2488790)
 * Ug Ok thanks. Maybe they will update it in a future release! Do you know How 
   I can reach out to the developers?
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Caption on Featured image](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/caption-on-featured-image-1/)
 *  Thread Starter [GlobalChange](https://wordpress.org/support/users/globalchange/)
 * (@globalchange)
 * [14 years, 9 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/caption-on-featured-image-1/#post-2488785)
 * Thanks Jonas,
    Yeah these are great. I tried looking through all these before.
   Not even sure which one makes sense. Or where to look in my own template editor.
   Is it under Feature.php? I now these are basic questions but that’s why I am 
   here.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)