Title: Glen Thomson's Replies | WordPress.org

---

# Glen Thomson

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/glenthom/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/glenthom/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/glenthom/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/glenthom/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/glenthom/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/glenthom/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/glenthom/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/glenthom/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Plugin Organizer] Updating to 3.0 breaks site](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/updating-to-30-breaks-site/)
 *  [Glen Thomson](https://wordpress.org/support/users/glenthom/)
 * (@glenthom)
 * [13 years, 3 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/updating-to-30-breaks-site/page/2/#post-3865132)
 * Update: It seems my problem was not resolved quite so easily.
 * All three sites then proceeded to crash despite having their plugin files and
   MU php files removed.
 * I tried to upload the latest plugin files again via ftp to see if it would allow
   deactivation but the sites still crashed.
 * I then deleted those files but accidentally left the empty ‘plugin organizer’
   directory in my plugins folder.
 * The site then loaded fine (!). I deleted that empty directory and everything 
   seems okay. I also repeated the process with the other two sites using an empty‘
   plugin organizer’ directory and they too now work fine.
 * I’m not sure I understand why this works? Does WordPress automatically deactivate
   a plugin with no files in its directory?
 * Anyway I’m back up and running. I hope this is useful to someone in the same 
   position rather than just confusing. Perhaps it will be both!
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Plugin Organizer] Updating to 3.0 breaks site](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/updating-to-30-breaks-site/)
 *  [Glen Thomson](https://wordpress.org/support/users/glenthom/)
 * (@glenthom)
 * [13 years, 3 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/updating-to-30-breaks-site/page/2/#post-3865131)
 * I’ve had the same issue, just updated Plugin Organizer on three of my blogs (
   3.5.1 and 3.5.2), all resulted in the following error:
 * Fatal error: Call to a member function get_page_permastruct() on a non-object
   in /home/gladbags/public_html/photomagnify.com/wp-includes/link-template.php 
   on line 271
 * Was able to resolve by deleting the plugins from each site using Filezilla and
   re-installing from the WordPress plugin directory.
 * Good luck getting it sorted, hope it’s an easy fix!
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[WP Easy Columns] Make this plugin responsive](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/make-this-plugin-responsive-1/)
 *  [Glen Thomson](https://wordpress.org/support/users/glenthom/)
 * (@glenthom)
 * [13 years, 4 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/make-this-plugin-responsive-1/#post-3236637)
 * [@neilsmart](https://wordpress.org/support/users/neilsmart/) – Legend! You just
   made my life infinitely easier, thank-you!
 * [@signalfilms](https://wordpress.org/support/users/signalfilms/) – You seem to
   be on the right track, don’t worry about it being ‘inactive’. Did you clear your
   cache after you pasted in the css from above?
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Digg Digg] Insert manually in some pages Digg Digg Floating](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/insert-manually-in-some-pages-digg-digg-floating/)
 *  [Glen Thomson](https://wordpress.org/support/users/glenthom/)
 * (@glenthom)
 * [13 years, 9 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/insert-manually-in-some-pages-digg-digg-floating/#post-2563560)
 * A possible work around is to use a plugin called ‘Plugin Organizer’.
 * This allows you to disable a plugin site-wide and then activate it again on individual
   posts and pages.
 * It’s a convoluted way of achieving what you need, I agree, but at least it gives
   the desired end result: digg digg on some pages and not others.
 * [http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/plugin-organizer/](http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/plugin-organizer/)
 * Hope this helps!
    Glen
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Digg Digg] [Plugin: Digg Digg] Disable Digg-Digg on Three Pages](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-digg-digg-disable-digg-digg-on-three-pages/)
 *  [Glen Thomson](https://wordpress.org/support/users/glenthom/)
 * (@glenthom)
 * [13 years, 9 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-digg-digg-disable-digg-digg-on-three-pages/#post-2873580)
 * A possible work around is to use a plugin called ‘Plugin Organizer’.
 * This allows you to disable a plugin site-wide and then activate it again on individual
   posts and pages.
 * It’s a convoluted way of achieving what you need I agree, but at least it gives
   the desired end result: digg digg on some pages and not others.
 * [http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/plugin-organizer/](http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/plugin-organizer/)
 * Hope this helps!
    Glen
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/fatal-error-allowed-memory-size-of-33554432-bytes-exhausted-14/)
 *  [Glen Thomson](https://wordpress.org/support/users/glenthom/)
 * (@glenthom)
 * [15 years ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/fatal-error-allowed-memory-size-of-33554432-bytes-exhausted-14/page/2/#post-1817889)
 * Amazing! Thank-you Harry, the php.ini file worked perfectly!
 * I was having trouble doing ANYTHING without that accursed ‘fatal error’ message
   coming up.
 * Many thanks also to all who contribute to these forums, I would imagine sometimes
   it isn’t obvious that the help is being utilized. I can assure you however, there
   will be someone out there furthering their education based on your guidance 🙂
 * Thanks again! Glen
 * [http://glenthomsonphotography.com](http://glenthomsonphotography.com)

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)