Title: funkathustra's Replies | WordPress.org

---

# funkathustra

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/funkathustra/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/funkathustra/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/funkathustra/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/funkathustra/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/funkathustra/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/funkathustra/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/funkathustra/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/funkathustra/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [“Error saving media attachment” started out of nowhere](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/error-saving-media-attachment-started-out-of-nowhere/)
 *  Thread Starter [funkathustra](https://wordpress.org/support/users/funkathustra/)
 * (@funkathustra)
 * [16 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/error-saving-media-attachment-started-out-of-nowhere/#post-1490682)
 * I host my own site, and certainly haven’t changed any settings recently.
 * I built a simple PHP upload script, and it kept throwing UPLOAD_ERR_CANT_WRITE—
   after I went into my php.ini file and changed the upload_tmp_dir to something
   other than /tmp, my upload script — as well as WordPress — seems to be working
   fine now.
 * Thanks for the help.
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [nothing visible after update from 2.6 to 2.9.2](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/nothing-visible-after-update-from-26-to-292/)
 *  [funkathustra](https://wordpress.org/support/users/funkathustra/)
 * (@funkathustra)
 * [16 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/nothing-visible-after-update-from-26-to-292/#post-1490673)
 * Looks like things are working now?
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [“Error saving media attachment” started out of nowhere](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/error-saving-media-attachment-started-out-of-nowhere/)
 *  Thread Starter [funkathustra](https://wordpress.org/support/users/funkathustra/)
 * (@funkathustra)
 * [16 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/error-saving-media-attachment-started-out-of-nowhere/#post-1490670)
 * Thanks for the WordPress equivalent to “are you sure your monitor is turned on?”
   but I’ve gone through all those things. I’ve tried the Flash uploader as well
   as the browser-based one as well. Neither works.
 * Normally, WordPress files don’t arbitrarily disappear from a server — but just
   to be safe, I put a copy of the latest version on the server. Didn’t fix anything.
   I’ve tried working in three different browsers with fresh caches. Again, no success.
 * Remember, this is broken on both my 2.9.2 install, as well as my ancient 2.3.2
   version (both of which were working great last week).
 * The source code isn’t commented very well, so I’m not sure where things are breaking
   down. If I try uploading the media from the modal dialogue within the Edit Post
   area, I get a “Failed to write file to disk.” error; from the Add Media panel,
   I get “Error saving media attachment”
 * Any ideas?
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [nothing visible after update from 2.6 to 2.9.2](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/nothing-visible-after-update-from-26-to-292/)
 *  [funkathustra](https://wordpress.org/support/users/funkathustra/)
 * (@funkathustra)
 * [16 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/nothing-visible-after-update-from-26-to-292/#post-1490657)
 * Any PHP fatal error will send the browser a blank page — check your error log.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)