Title: fixthetree's Replies | WordPress.org

---

# fixthetree

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/fixthetree/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/fixthetree/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/fixthetree/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/fixthetree/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/fixthetree/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/fixthetree/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/fixthetree/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/fixthetree/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[SyntaxHighlighter Evolved] [Plugin: SyntaxHighlighter Evolved] Designated title text in place of "show source" in v2](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-syntaxhighlighter-evolved-designated-title-text-in-place-of-show-source-in-v2/)
 *  Thread Starter [fixthetree](https://wordpress.org/support/users/fixthetree/)
 * (@fixthetree)
 * [14 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-syntaxhighlighter-evolved-designated-title-text-in-place-of-show-source-in-v2/#post-2596663)
 * I figured it out.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[WP-dTree] [Plugin: WP-dTree] Open only node being browsed?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-wp-dtree-open-only-node-being-browsed/)
 *  Thread Starter [fixthetree](https://wordpress.org/support/users/fixthetree/)
 * (@fixthetree)
 * [14 years, 8 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-wp-dtree-open-only-node-being-browsed/#post-2549111)
 * Did you ever clean up the plugin? The development version has a few bugs. It 
   doesn’t correctly limit the “active node” of the tree on any of the widgets except
   for pages. I’ve tested it with both categories and taxonomy. I did not test links,
   but I know the other two do not work.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[WP-dTree] [Plugin: WP-dTree] Open only node being browsed?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-wp-dtree-open-only-node-being-browsed/)
 *  Thread Starter [fixthetree](https://wordpress.org/support/users/fixthetree/)
 * (@fixthetree)
 * [14 years, 8 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-wp-dtree-open-only-node-being-browsed/#post-2549093)
 * Another idea I had for this project would be to have the ability to designate
   a top-level parent for a given set of nodes.
 * So for instance if you had the tree below
 *     ```
       - Gaming
         - Doom
           - Levels
             - 1
         - Quake
           - Levels
             - 1
         - Unreal
       ```
   
 * Once you selected “Doom” you’d get the following:
 *     ```
       - Levels
            - 1
       ```
   
 * Instead, by being able to designate a top level parent, or having the tree keep
   the top level parent you’d end up with.
 *     ```
       - Doom
          - Levels
            - 1
       ```
   
 * This would also address the issue of having no nav bar on pages with no children.
   It would just show the page you were on with no nodes below.
 *     ```
       - Gaming
         - Unreal
       ```
   
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[WP-dTree] [Plugin: WP-dTree] Open only node being browsed?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-wp-dtree-open-only-node-being-browsed/)
 *  Thread Starter [fixthetree](https://wordpress.org/support/users/fixthetree/)
 * (@fixthetree)
 * [14 years, 8 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-wp-dtree-open-only-node-being-browsed/#post-2549074)
 * I see what you’re talking about. I would add a dropdown selection for the default
   parent to show when there are no child nodes for a given page/cat/tax. That should
   take care of the blank nav menu. Beyond that there are other wordpress plugins
   users could employ to remove the widget entirely from pages they did not want
   it on.
 * I would also redesign options that limited the plugin such as the “only direct
   children” and “show no children” options. Instead, I’d make those fields where
   IDs could be entered. This would make the plugin more dynamic by being able to
   control it on multiple pages rather than a site-wide static option.
 * This is a great plugin, and you’ve done some wonderful work to it. I see no reason
   for it not to continue to evolve and become more awesome. It has so many uses!
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[WP-dTree] [Plugin: WP-dTree] Open only node being browsed?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-wp-dtree-open-only-node-being-browsed/)
 *  Thread Starter [fixthetree](https://wordpress.org/support/users/fixthetree/)
 * (@fixthetree)
 * [14 years, 8 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-wp-dtree-open-only-node-being-browsed/#post-2549073)
 * I’ll take a look at it and get back to you.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[WP-dTree] [Plugin: WP-dTree] Open only node being browsed?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-wp-dtree-open-only-node-being-browsed/)
 *  Thread Starter [fixthetree](https://wordpress.org/support/users/fixthetree/)
 * (@fixthetree)
 * [14 years, 8 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-wp-dtree-open-only-node-being-browsed/#post-2549001)
 * Sure. Glad to help out.
 * I’m sure the code can be improved. I improvised it, but it works well so far.
   I haven’t found any issues regarding tree function being adversely affected. 
   It might be nice to also have a field where specific ids can be entered for this
   functionality in case you don’t need it on every page.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[WP-dTree] [Plugin: WP-dTree] Open only node being browsed?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-wp-dtree-open-only-node-being-browsed/)
 *  Thread Starter [fixthetree](https://wordpress.org/support/users/fixthetree/)
 * (@fixthetree)
 * [14 years, 8 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-wp-dtree-open-only-node-being-browsed/#post-2548941)
 * Here’s the code that adds a check-box to the widget config and allows the current
   page to be shown as the parent node. I double-checked this against a new install
   so there shouldn’t be any errors. If you have questions feel free to contact 
   me at drodgersmobile -at- gmail dot com.
 * // wp-dtree-widget.php (INSERT BEFORE LINE 42)
 *     ```
       $settings['activepage_parent'] = isset($new_settings['activepage_parent'])? 1 : 0; // drodgersmobile@gmail.com (active page as parent)
       ```
   
 * // wp-dtree-widget.php (INSERT BEFORE LINE 94)
    // Add checkbox below highlight/
   opento checkboxes
 * // wp-dtree-pge-widget.php (INSERT BEFORE LINE 54)
    // Add checkbox near child/
   direct parent dropdown menus
 *     ```
       <!--
       // Checkbox that makes active page the parent node of the tree
       -->
       <input class="checkbox" type="checkbox" <?php checked($settings['activepage_parent'], true); ?> id="<?php echo $this->get_field_id('activepage_parent'); ?>" name="<?php echo $this->get_field_name('activepage_parent'); ?>" />
       <label for="<?php echo $this->get_field_id('activepage_parent'); ?>" title="Active page becomes the parent node of the tree."><?php _e('Active Page As Parent', 'wpdtree'); ?></label>
       </p><p>
       <!-- -->
       ```
   
 * // wp-dtree.php (INSERT BEFORE LINE 259)
 *     ```
       if($args['activepage_parent'] != 0)
       {
       	$args['child_of'] = get_the_ID();
       	$nodelist = wpdt_get_pages_nodelist($args);
       	$tree = wpdt_build_tree($nodelist, $args);
       }
       ```
   
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[WP-dTree] [Plugin: WP-dTree] Open only node being browsed?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-wp-dtree-open-only-node-being-browsed/)
 *  Thread Starter [fixthetree](https://wordpress.org/support/users/fixthetree/)
 * (@fixthetree)
 * [14 years, 8 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-wp-dtree-open-only-node-being-browsed/#post-2548912)
 * Here’s a quick fix to allow this functionality. I’ll update this when I get around
   to adding a new checkbox option to the widget config.
 * In wp-dtree-pge.php on line 6. Change
 *     ```
       'child_of' => $child_of,
       ```
   
 * to
 *     ```
       child_of' => get_the_ID(),
       ```
   

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)