Title: faeldray's Replies | WordPress.org

---

# faeldray

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/faeldray/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/faeldray/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/faeldray/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/faeldray/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/faeldray/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/faeldray/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/faeldray/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/faeldray/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

1 [2](https://wordpress.org/support/users/faeldray/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)
[→](https://wordpress.org/support/users/faeldray/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)

 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[WP RSS Aggregator - RSS Import, Feed to Post, Autoblogging, AI Content] Issues with Feedburner RSS & WP blogs](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/issues-with-feedburner-rss-wp-blogs/)
 *  Thread Starter [faeldray](https://wordpress.org/support/users/faeldray/)
 * (@faeldray)
 * [9 years, 12 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/issues-with-feedburner-rss-wp-blogs/#post-8288160)
 * Ah, I figured it out. I had previously had problems with fetching some feeds 
   before, which I solved by filling out the Feed Request Useragent field (I think
   I had the user agent for Firefox 46 in there). Which worked for a few months 
   before breaking just these particular feeds. I still don’t really understand 
   why. But anyways, clearing field made these feeds fetchable again. I updated 
   all of the feeds to make sure there were no other issues and there doesn’t appear
   to be any. Looks like it’s working now, thanks for your help!
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[WP RSS Aggregator - RSS Import, Feed to Post, Autoblogging, AI Content] Issues with Feedburner RSS & WP blogs](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/issues-with-feedburner-rss-wp-blogs/)
 *  Thread Starter [faeldray](https://wordpress.org/support/users/faeldray/)
 * (@faeldray)
 * [9 years, 12 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/issues-with-feedburner-rss-wp-blogs/#post-8278060)
 * There doesn’t appear to be any bad cron. [Here’s a screenshot that I took.](http://i.imgur.com/6VBAEqD.jpg)
   There’s a few set to “0 (now)” but they’re functions in the W3 Total Cache plugin
   that I’m not using.
 * I don’t see any cron jobs for WP RSS but I have all of the feeds updating every
   30 minutes if that makes a difference.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[WP RSS Aggregator - RSS Import, Feed to Post, Autoblogging, AI Content] Issues with Feedburner RSS & WP blogs](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/issues-with-feedburner-rss-wp-blogs/)
 *  Thread Starter [faeldray](https://wordpress.org/support/users/faeldray/)
 * (@faeldray)
 * [10 years ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/issues-with-feedburner-rss-wp-blogs/#post-8260061)
 * Gah, need an edit button. [http://psychochild.org/](http://psychochild.org/) 
   also doesn’t work at all.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[MultilingualPress] "Translate this post" checkbox no longer works](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/translate-this-post-checkbox-no-longer-works/)
 *  Thread Starter [faeldray](https://wordpress.org/support/users/faeldray/)
 * (@faeldray)
 * [10 years, 3 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/translate-this-post-checkbox-no-longer-works/#post-7462745)
 * Sorry for the slow response. I copied over the changed code, tested it out, and
   it worked! I see that the fix is already in the latest version of the plugin 
   so I’ll update to that. Thanks so much for your help!
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[MultilingualPress] "Translate this post" checkbox no longer works](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/translate-this-post-checkbox-no-longer-works/)
 *  Thread Starter [faeldray](https://wordpress.org/support/users/faeldray/)
 * (@faeldray)
 * [10 years, 3 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/translate-this-post-checkbox-no-longer-works/#post-7462720)
 * We’re using the basic translator. The problem we’re having is exactly like the
   video that Silvan posted. (Good to know it’s not just us!) I don’t care so much
   about it copying content over (since our translations are done outside of WordPress),
   just the fact that the checkbox doesn’t work anymore so it’s a little more tedious.
   And we only have two languages, not four like Silvan!
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Easy Post Series] Series box on excerpts for other posts](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/series-box-on-excerpts-for-other-posts/)
 *  Thread Starter [faeldray](https://wordpress.org/support/users/faeldray/)
 * (@faeldray)
 * [10 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/series-box-on-excerpts-for-other-posts/#post-6539444)
 * I’m afraid it’s still there.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Easy Post Series] Series box on excerpts for other posts](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/series-box-on-excerpts-for-other-posts/)
 *  Thread Starter [faeldray](https://wordpress.org/support/users/faeldray/)
 * (@faeldray)
 * [11 years ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/series-box-on-excerpts-for-other-posts/#post-6539174)
 * Nope, the series box is still there.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Easy Post Series] Manually display series box in index](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/manually-display-series-box-in-index/)
 *  Thread Starter [faeldray](https://wordpress.org/support/users/faeldray/)
 * (@faeldray)
 * [11 years, 1 month ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/manually-display-series-box-in-index/#post-6497669)
 * Thanks, it works great! And such a quick response too.
 * If anyone else is curious how to use the function, here’s the code I used:
 *     ```
       <?php if ( has_term( '', 'series' ) ){
       	$term_list = wp_get_post_terms($post->ID, 'series', array("fields" => "ids"));
       	echo easy_post_series()->series_navigation( $term_list[0] );
       } ?>
       ```
   
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Easy Post Series] Manually display series box in index](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/manually-display-series-box-in-index/)
 *  Thread Starter [faeldray](https://wordpress.org/support/users/faeldray/)
 * (@faeldray)
 * [11 years, 1 month ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/manually-display-series-box-in-index/#post-6497451)
 * Awesome, thanks for the quick response. 🙂 I look forward to the next release
   then.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Pastacode] Pastacode Introducing Extra Line Feeds](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/pastacode-introducing-extra-line-feeds/)
 *  [faeldray](https://wordpress.org/support/users/faeldray/)
 * (@faeldray)
 * [11 years, 1 month ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/pastacode-introducing-extra-line-feeds/#post-6413034)
 * I’m having this problem as well. It seems that every time I save the draft/save
   updates, extra space is added between certain lines. It adds more and more each
   time until the code is ridiculously long. If I’m in HTML view and I open the 
   Pastacode editor, those lines appear there as well.
 * It only seems to occur when using the manual option. When I added the same code
   to Pastebin and links to that instead, the extra lines do not appear with each
   save.
 *   Forum: [Networking WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/multisite/)
   
   In reply to: [Multisites .htaccess interferes with cgi-bin](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/multisites-htaccess-interferes-with-cgi-bin/)
 *  Thread Starter [faeldray](https://wordpress.org/support/users/faeldray/)
 * (@faeldray)
 * [11 years, 11 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/multisites-htaccess-interferes-with-cgi-bin/#post-5399011)
 * It turns out that the problem wasn’t WP per say but that mod_rewrite was being
   forbidden because of some server settings. I didn’t realize it until the server
   guy sent over an error log that was filled with messages containing:
 * `Options FollowSymLinks or SymLinksIfOwnerMatch is off which implies that RewriteRule
   directive is forbidden`
 * To make it work, he had to activate FollowSymLinks and SymLinksIfOwnerMatch in
   one of the server config files (I’m not sure which):
 *     ```
       <Directory [REMOVED]>
              Options +ExecCGI +FollowSymLinks +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
              AllowOverride None
              #Options None
              Order allow,deny
              Allow from all
          </Directory>
       ```
   
 *   Forum: [Themes and Templates](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/themes-and-templates/)
   
   In reply to: [Using pre_get_posts](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/using-pre_get_posts/)
 *  [faeldray](https://wordpress.org/support/users/faeldray/)
 * (@faeldray)
 * [12 years, 1 month ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/using-pre_get_posts/#post-5175994)
 * I installed the WP-PageNavi plugin and there’s no issue with its pagination that
   I can see. Thanks for the help, Chip!
 *   Forum: [Themes and Templates](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/themes-and-templates/)
   
   In reply to: [Using pre_get_posts](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/using-pre_get_posts/)
 *  [faeldray](https://wordpress.org/support/users/faeldray/)
 * (@faeldray)
 * [12 years, 1 month ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/using-pre_get_posts/#post-5175993)
 * I was looking for the same thing as you, Vandenb. In my case, I’m using Sticky
   Posts only to select which posts are to go in a slider on the front page. But
   otherwise I do not want them to appear at the top any time I call The Loop. They
   should be in chronological order with the rest of the posts.
 * So using Chip’s recommendation, I added this to my theme’s functions.php:
 *     ```
       //Makes sure sticky posts don't get placed at the top of The Loop
       function nostickies_filter_pre_get_posts( $query ) {
           if ( ! is_admin() && $query->is_main_query() ) {
               $query->set( 'ignore_sticky_posts', true );
           }
       }
       add_action( 'pre_get_posts', 'nostickies_filter_pre_get_posts' );
       ```
   
 * That way I don’t have to change anything in The Loop, which looks something like
   this:
 *     ```
       <?php if(have_posts()) : ?><?php while(have_posts()) : the_post(); ?>
   
       			<div class="post">
       				<p class="date"><?php the_time('d M Y'); ?></p>
       				<h2 class="posttitle"><a href="<?php the_permalink(); ?>"><?php the_title(); ?></a></h2>
       				<div class="postcontent"><?php the_content(); ?></div>
       			</div>
   
       			<?php endwhile; ?>
       			<?php endif; ?>
       ```
   
 * And it works!
 * I don’t have pagination currently but I’ll implement it to make sure nothing’s
   broken there and let you know the results.
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Gallery: Link to Media File selected, but link="file" missing from shortcode](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/link-to-media-file-selected-but-linkfile-missing-from-shortcode/)
 *  [faeldray](https://wordpress.org/support/users/faeldray/)
 * (@faeldray)
 * [13 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/link-to-media-file-selected-but-linkfile-missing-from-shortcode/#post-3457176)
 * I’ve noticed the same issue. It seems that when you switch it to “Media File”,
   it’s not inserting the `link="file"` into the code.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [Lifestream plugin unable to be activated in WordPress 2.8](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/lightstream-plugin-unable-to-be-activated-in-wordpress-28/)
 *  [faeldray](https://wordpress.org/support/users/faeldray/)
 * (@faeldray)
 * [17 years, 3 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/lightstream-plugin-unable-to-be-activated-in-wordpress-28/#post-1110144)
 * I actually had this issue before with another plugin. What I did is create a 
   php.ini file (like you mentioned) and put these lines in it:
 *     ```
       memory_limit = 32M
       upload_max_filesize = 8M
       post_max_size = 32M
       ```
   
 * I’m pretty sure that only the first line is required to solve your problem though.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

1 [2](https://wordpress.org/support/users/faeldray/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)
[→](https://wordpress.org/support/users/faeldray/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)