Title: ev0net's Replies | WordPress.org

---

# ev0net

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ev0net/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ev0net/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ev0net/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ev0net/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ev0net/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ev0net/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ev0net/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ev0net/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Hestia Nginx Cache] purge cache js error in chrome](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/purge-cache-js-error-in-chrome/)
 *  Thread Starter [ev0net](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ev0net/)
 * (@ev0net)
 * [3 years ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/purge-cache-js-error-in-chrome/#post-17072988)
 * I figured it out. I have `WP_HTTP_BLOCK_EXTERNAL` set to true for privacy reasons.
   I added server hostname to `WP_ACCESSIBLE_HOSTS` and plugin now works as expected.
   More info:
 * [https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/classes/wp_http/block_request/](https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/classes/wp_http/block_request/)
 * Though my circumstances may be rare, please consider adding this possibility 
   to the documentation. Thanks!
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Avatar Privacy] Recent database error](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/recent-database-error/)
 *  Thread Starter [ev0net](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ev0net/)
 * (@ev0net)
 * [4 years, 6 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/recent-database-error/page/2/#post-15522136)
 * Thanks. Just sent an email to your (code at) email with queries copied and pasted.
   If you don’t receive it, please let me know.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Avatar Privacy] Recent database error](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/recent-database-error/)
 *  Thread Starter [ev0net](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ev0net/)
 * (@ev0net)
 * [4 years, 6 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/recent-database-error/page/2/#post-15522090)
 * I haven’t been able to get query monitor to work properly on the frontend in 
   the past after a couple hours of trying, and have given up for now. Which I’d
   imagine I’ll need for wp-cron.php run. Can I write query monitor stuff to a log
   file?
 * It sounds like I’m the only one that’s had this problem, which means it’s likely
   something on my end. It started when I reconfigured my usernames server wide (
   doing wp-cli search and replace on any entries that referenced directory with
   username) AND updated wp/other plugins about 3 weeks ago. Do you think it would
   work to uninstall ap and completely strip out any db remnants and then reinstall?
   If so, how do I strip out db remnants?
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Avatar Privacy] Recent database error](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/recent-database-error/)
 *  Thread Starter [ev0net](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ev0net/)
 * (@ev0net)
 * [4 years, 6 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/recent-database-error/page/2/#post-15522057)
 * Yes. I can do that, but I’m not sure how. Can you point me in the direction of
   instructions of how to get you what you need? I did your suggestions via phpmyadmin,
   including commit and it was successful. And I have wp_crontrol active. But I’d
   imagine you need more info.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Avatar Privacy] Recent database error](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/recent-database-error/)
 *  Thread Starter [ev0net](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ev0net/)
 * (@ev0net)
 * [4 years, 6 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/recent-database-error/page/2/#post-15522033)
 * Thank you. Implemented. And still same error
 * `[03-Apr-2022 15:30:04 UTC] WordPress database error Invalid default value for'
   log_message' for query ALTER TABLE`evonet_avatar_privacy`CHARSET utf8mb4 COLLATE
   utf8mb4_unicode_ci, MODIFY`email`varchar(100) CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci
   NOT NULL , MODIFY`log_message`varchar(255) CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci
   DEFAULT '\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'
   NULL\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\''
   made by require_once('wp-load.php'), require_once('wp-config.php'), require_once('
   wp-settings.php'), do_action('plugins_loaded'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->
   apply_filters, Avatar_Privacy\Components\Setup->update_check, Avatar_Privacy\
   Data_Storage\Database\Comment_Author_Table->setup, Avatar_Privacy\Data_Storage\
   Database\Table->setup, Avatar_Privacy\Data_Storage\Database\Table->maybe_create_table,
   Avatar_Privacy\Data_Storage\Database\Table->maybe_upgrade_charset_and_collation`
 * FYI: The error log this time clearly shows this is happening at cron runs, which
   on my system is once an hour at the 30 minute mark. This first error happened
   at [03-Apr-2022 03:30:04 UTC] which was about 6 hours after I made the changes
   you recommended
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Avatar Privacy] Recent database error](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/recent-database-error/)
 *  Thread Starter [ev0net](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ev0net/)
 * (@ev0net)
 * [4 years, 6 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/recent-database-error/#post-15520560)
 * Thanks for the reply and thoughts. And the reminder to see if it worked. Just
   checked the error log and still getting the same error:
 * `[02-Apr-2022 17:24:08 UTC] WordPress database error Invalid default value for'
   log_message' for query ALTER TABLE`evonet_avatar_privacy`CHARSET utf8mb4 COLLATE
   utf8mb4_unicode_520_ci, MODIFY`email`varchar(100) CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE
   utf8mb4_unicode_520_ci NOT NULL , MODIFY`log_message`varchar(255) CHARACTER SET
   utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_520_ci DEFAULT '\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'
   NULL\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\''
   made by require('wp-blog-header.php'), require_once('wp-load.php'), require_once('
   wp-config.php'), require_once('wp-settings.php'), do_action('plugins_loaded'),
   WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, Avatar_Privacy\Components\Setup->
   update_check, Avatar_Privacy\Data_Storage\Database\Comment_Author_Table->setup,
   Avatar_Privacy\Data_Storage\Database\Table->setup, Avatar_Privacy\Data_Storage\
   Database\Table->maybe_create_table, Avatar_Privacy\Data_Storage\Database\Table-
   >maybe_upgrade_charset_and_collation`
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Avatar Privacy] Recent database error](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/recent-database-error/)
 *  Thread Starter [ev0net](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ev0net/)
 * (@ev0net)
 * [4 years, 6 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/recent-database-error/#post-15519085)
 * cool. thanks for fix and the info about probable cause. and again I appreciate
   your work.
 * It’s obviously not in the scope of this plugin but have you thought about combining
   more of the wp privacy pinging issues into one plugin? Or perhaps updating your
   plugin page to point folks to the remaining privacy holes?
 * It was a challenge making my wp sites 100% not-tracked-by-big-tech. Your plugin
   solved part of that. And I override google font (I found OMGF | Host Google Fonts
   Locally to be finicky) and external js pulls in my parallel code that serves 
   those from my server. But I’d imagine adding a GUI option for:
 * define( ‘WP_HTTP_BLOCK_EXTERNAL’, true );
    define( ‘WP_ACCESSIBLE_HOSTS’,’hostslist’);
 * would be pretty easy.
 * I know there is so much misc junk that gets inserted for tracking but I’d be 
   curious to know your thoughts. Thanks!
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Avatar Privacy] Recent database error](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/recent-database-error/)
 *  Thread Starter [ev0net](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ev0net/)
 * (@ev0net)
 * [4 years, 6 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/recent-database-error/#post-15519036)
 * I mean. My sql is very rusty:
 * `ALTER TABLE evonet_avatar_privacy MODIFY log_message varchar(255) DEFAULT NULL;`
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Avatar Privacy] Recent database error](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/recent-database-error/)
 *  Thread Starter [ev0net](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ev0net/)
 * (@ev0net)
 * [4 years, 6 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/recent-database-error/#post-15519012)
 * did you mean?
 * `ALTER TABLE 'evonet_avatar_privacy' MODIFY 'log_message' varchar(255) DEFAULT
   NULL;`
 * And are you saying table ‘evonet_avatar_privacy’ column ‘default’ should be NULL
   rather than all those single quotes surrounding NULL?
 * And let me know if there is anything to look into on my end. I’ll let you know
   if I track anything down.
 * I have a non-typical install setup and a bunch of my own code running in parallel
   with wp but I don’t write to the wp db at all. Also in case it’s relevant, the
   buddyboss folks just added some avatar stuff in 1.9 which seemed to mess up/conflict
   with ap. I haven’t had the time to look into what they did much. but maybe something
   there corrupted that column?
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Avatar Privacy] Recent database error](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/recent-database-error/)
 *  Thread Starter [ev0net](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ev0net/)
 * (@ev0net)
 * [4 years, 6 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/recent-database-error/#post-15518953)
 * name
    charset collate type nullable default log_message utf8mb4 utf8mb4_unicode_520_ci
   varchar(255) YES ”””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””’
   NULL”””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””’
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Avatar Privacy] Recent database error](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/recent-database-error/)
 *  Thread Starter [ev0net](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ev0net/)
 * (@ev0net)
 * [4 years, 6 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/recent-database-error/#post-15518928)
 * MySQL returned an empty result set (i.e. zero rows). (Query took 0.0011 seconds.)
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Avatar Privacy] Recent database error](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/recent-database-error/)
 *  Thread Starter [ev0net](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ev0net/)
 * (@ev0net)
 * [4 years, 6 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/recent-database-error/#post-15518887)
 * 5.7.5 I keep my infrastructure a minor release behind for wp and wc. and update
   my all my sites via wp-cli to specific versions
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Avatar Privacy] Recent database error](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/recent-database-error/)
 *  Thread Starter [ev0net](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ev0net/)
 * (@ev0net)
 * [4 years, 6 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/recent-database-error/#post-15518811)
 * same DB system: 10.5.13-MariaDB to clarify: error started after periodic system
   update: in this case to wp 5.8.4 and buddyboss-platform 1.9.1.1. as well as some
   other plugins. I’ve been on ap 2.5.2 since august last year and I haven’t seen
   this error before.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)