Title: ethanhackett's Replies | WordPress.org

---

# ethanhackett

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ethanhackett/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ethanhackett/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ethanhackett/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ethanhackett/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ethanhackett/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ethanhackett/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ethanhackett/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ethanhackett/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 200 total)

1 [2](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ethanhackett/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)
[3](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ethanhackett/replies/page/3/?output_format=md)…
[12](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ethanhackett/replies/page/12/?output_format=md)
[13](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ethanhackett/replies/page/13/?output_format=md)
[14](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ethanhackett/replies/page/14/?output_format=md)
[→](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ethanhackett/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)

 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Post Tiles] Feature Requests: Taxonomies and Tags?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/feature-requests-taxonomies-and-tags/)
 *  Plugin Author [ethanhackett](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ethanhackett/)
 * (@ethanhackett)
 * [11 years, 9 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/feature-requests-taxonomies-and-tags/#post-5518635)
 * It’s odd something in the plugin is causing the output to prematurely close the
   anchor tags. If you inspect the code you’ll see your code looks like this.
 *     ```
       <li>
         <a> </a>
         <h3></h3>
         text
       </li>
       ```
   
 * It should be
 *     ```
       <li>
         <a>
           <h3></h3>
           text
         </a>
       </li>
       ```
   
 * The text is still there on the page just not closing properly.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Post Tiles] how many element can be in a page](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/how-many-element-can-be-in-a-page-1/)
 *  Plugin Author [ethanhackett](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ethanhackett/)
 * (@ethanhackett)
 * [11 years, 9 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/how-many-element-can-be-in-a-page-1/#post-5559744)
 * You can use the shortcode attribute posts=” to set it to 50. Though keep in mind
   the larger the query the more taxing it will be on the server and possibly load
   time especially if it’s loading images etc.
 * So something like [post-tiles posts=’50’]
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Post Slides] Posts aren't in a slider](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/posts-arent-in-a-slider/)
 *  Plugin Author [ethanhackett](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ethanhackett/)
 * (@ethanhackett)
 * [11 years, 9 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/posts-arent-in-a-slider/#post-5577495)
 * I tried looking at the site but I don’t see it on the page. This was posted about
   a week ago so I don’t know if it’s still activated. It might be a jQuery conflict.
   I looked at your current page code and the console is displaying a few other 
   javascript and jQuery related bugs so I don’t know if they’re impacting the plugin.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Post Slides] Tags](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/tags-69/)
 *  Plugin Author [ethanhackett](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ethanhackett/)
 * (@ethanhackett)
 * [11 years, 9 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/tags-69/#post-5568456)
 * I haven’t thought about leveraging tags but I can add it to the possible features
   list to explore integrating.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Post Tiles] Color settings lost after upgrade](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/color-settings-lost-after-upgrade/)
 *  Plugin Author [ethanhackett](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ethanhackett/)
 * (@ethanhackett)
 * [11 years, 10 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/color-settings-lost-after-upgrade/#post-5520199)
 * they aren’t supposed to get changed. It’s probably related to the new text color
   functionality that was added. I’ll take a look and see what’s going on. Thanks
   for letting me know!
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Post Tiles] Feature Requests](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/feature-requests-76/)
 *  Plugin Author [ethanhackett](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ethanhackett/)
 * (@ethanhackett)
 * [11 years, 10 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/feature-requests-76/#post-5508272)
 * Awesome thank you. I reviewed the PR and just modified the default text color
   to white and opacity to 100 since that is the closest to what they already had.
   But other than that everything looks great and I really appreciate your taking
   the time to contribute.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Post Tiles] Feature Requests](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/feature-requests-76/)
 *  Plugin Author [ethanhackett](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ethanhackett/)
 * (@ethanhackett)
 * [11 years, 10 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/feature-requests-76/#post-5508204)
 * Recently I had the idea to add transparency and skins to Post Tiles and as I 
   developed Post Tiles 2.0 it got crazy and turned into a very different plugin–
   Post Slides (www.postslides.com). I’ll probably go back and rework Post Tiles
   now that I’ve worked out some of the skin bugs.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Post Tiles] Feature Requests](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/feature-requests-76/)
 *  Plugin Author [ethanhackett](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ethanhackett/)
 * (@ethanhackett)
 * [11 years, 10 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/feature-requests-76/#post-5508203)
 * These are great ideas.
 * I think many of these requests could be achieved by adding CSS with !important
   to override the plugin css. Though doing it through the admin would be far easier
   especially for those that aren’t familiar with CSS.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Post Tiles] Displaying ALL Catigories](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/displaying-all-catigories/)
 *  Plugin Author [ethanhackett](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ethanhackett/)
 * (@ethanhackett)
 * [11 years, 10 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/displaying-all-catigories/#post-5508801)
 * Unrelated notice I left a snippet of code that outputs &cat= followed while debugging
   your issue. I pushed an update 1.4.5 so update to that and it will remove the“&
   cat=26,32,33,38” which appears above.
 * As for the images appearing as posts it’s really odd. It’s not happening on my
   machine which makes me wonder if there is another plugin causing a conflict. 
   When I inspect the rouge featured image posts on your site they have a rel=”lightbox[
   404]”. I’m wondering if some plugin you have in play creates additional posts
   for the featured image.
 * Maybe you have a gallery plugin which is generating separate posts when you add
   a featured image? It might be the WP Lightbox 2 plugin. If you can temporarily
   deactivate that plugin and see if it fixes the issue.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Post Tiles] Displaying ALL Catigories](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/displaying-all-catigories/)
 *  Plugin Author [ethanhackett](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ethanhackett/)
 * (@ethanhackett)
 * [11 years, 10 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/displaying-all-catigories/#post-5508774)
 * I rolled out a change this morning to fixed errors when the plugin is first installed
   and not configured. I missed a snippet of code. Try updating to 1.4.4. That should
   fix it.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Post Slides] I've found the culprit](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/ive-found-the-culprit/)
 *  Plugin Author [ethanhackett](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ethanhackett/)
 * (@ethanhackett)
 * [11 years, 10 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/ive-found-the-culprit/#post-5507629)
 * I installed the plugin and looked around. I think the only options are..
 * A. The plugin does have the option exclude some of the js from being deferred.
   Moving one or two of the javascript files. I’m not sure what combination will
   get it to work.
 * B. You could also move the javascript that get’s inlined into the page into a
   js file and of your own. The reason it gets inlined is because the plugin dynamically
   sets some of the values. But if you know what those values are once it’s outputs
   you could move it until after jQuery and Owl.js are loaded.
 * I hope that helps.
 *   Forum: [Reviews](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/reviews/)
    In reply to:
   [[Post Slides] skins / transition – temas / transição](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/skins-transition-temas-transicao/)
 *  Plugin Author [ethanhackett](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ethanhackett/)
 * (@ethanhackett)
 * [11 years, 10 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/skins-transition-temas-transicao/#post-7903570)
 * Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.
 *   Forum: [Reviews](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/reviews/)
    In reply to:
   [[Post Slides] Nice pluging but don't work](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/nice-pluging-but-dont-work/)
 *  Plugin Author [ethanhackett](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ethanhackett/)
 * (@ethanhackett)
 * [11 years, 11 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/nice-pluging-but-dont-work/#post-7903568)
 * I looked at your homepage and when I look in the code I don’t see any reference
   to [post-slides] is the plugin turned on and is the shortcode on the page right
   now? It might be better to create a fake page like jahliveradio com/post-slides
   and put it on there so I can take a look and you can leave it up for a bit without
   it breaking your homepage.
 *   Forum: [Reviews](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/reviews/)
    In reply to:
   [[Post Slides] skins / transition – temas / transição](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/skins-transition-temas-transicao/)
 *  Plugin Author [ethanhackett](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ethanhackett/)
 * (@ethanhackett)
 * [11 years, 11 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/skins-transition-temas-transicao/#post-7903567)
 * John, I also looked at jahliveradio dot com but I don’t see where you’re trying
   to display the page. Can you install the plugin and put it on a page then share
   the page again?
 *   Forum: [Reviews](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/reviews/)
    In reply to:
   [[Post Slides] skins / transition – temas / transição](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/skins-transition-temas-transicao/)
 *  Plugin Author [ethanhackett](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ethanhackett/)
 * (@ethanhackett)
 * [11 years, 11 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/skins-transition-temas-transicao/#post-7903566)
 * I’m thinking it might be either a jQuery issue or possible the template’s CSS
   is overriding the plugin css.
 * I may need to set some more css properties in the plugin to avoid theme conflicts.
 * The plugin is the same as what’s in production except I have some overriding 
   css on the single view.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 200 total)

1 [2](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ethanhackett/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)
[3](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ethanhackett/replies/page/3/?output_format=md)…
[12](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ethanhackett/replies/page/12/?output_format=md)
[13](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ethanhackett/replies/page/13/?output_format=md)
[14](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ethanhackett/replies/page/14/?output_format=md)
[→](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ethanhackett/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)