Title: Mike Olaski's Replies | WordPress.org

---

# Mike Olaski

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/emjayoh/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/emjayoh/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/emjayoh/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/emjayoh/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/emjayoh/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/emjayoh/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/emjayoh/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/emjayoh/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

1 [2](https://wordpress.org/support/users/emjayoh/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)
[→](https://wordpress.org/support/users/emjayoh/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)

 *   Forum: [Themes and Templates](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/themes-and-templates/)
   
   In reply to: [[GeneratePress] Mobile Sticky Menu – Disappearing](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/mobile-sticky-menu-disappearing/)
 *  Thread Starter [Mike Olaski](https://wordpress.org/support/users/emjayoh/)
 * (@emjayoh)
 * [8 years, 1 month ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/mobile-sticky-menu-disappearing/#post-10579403)
 * Done 🙂
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Custom Post Type UI] Deleted Taxonomy](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/deleted-taxonomy/)
 *  Thread Starter [Mike Olaski](https://wordpress.org/support/users/emjayoh/)
 * (@emjayoh)
 * [8 years, 3 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/deleted-taxonomy/#post-10387841)
 * Sorry, what table should I find this in?
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Custom Post Type UI] Deleted Taxonomy](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/deleted-taxonomy/)
 *  Thread Starter [Mike Olaski](https://wordpress.org/support/users/emjayoh/)
 * (@emjayoh)
 * [8 years, 3 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/deleted-taxonomy/#post-10387817)
 * Thanks, done. Don’t see the data for this slug/tax. Maybe I had it under the 
   slug types (plural). I deleted the tax with the CPTUI interface, I’ll check the
   DB to see if there is any data if you’re sure (which I would expect you are),
   that the data in the table remains.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Custom Post Type UI] Deleted Taxonomy](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/deleted-taxonomy/)
 *  Thread Starter [Mike Olaski](https://wordpress.org/support/users/emjayoh/)
 * (@emjayoh)
 * [8 years, 3 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/deleted-taxonomy/#post-10387725)
 * Hi Michael,
 * Thanks for this. Did you push this to your codebase for an update or must I write
   this code to my functions file?
 * I could use another slug, but I do have that data registered to that slug already
   that I wish to revive. Perhaps I can change the slug, or map it over by export/
   import to another slug/taxonomy after I regain access.
 * Cheers,
 * Mike
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Custom Post Type UI] Deleted Taxonomy](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/deleted-taxonomy/)
 *  Thread Starter [Mike Olaski](https://wordpress.org/support/users/emjayoh/)
 * (@emjayoh)
 * [8 years, 3 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/deleted-taxonomy/#post-10385204)
 * I don’t see any indication of the Tax being present in either of those locations.
 * Not sure what you mean by moved the registration code.
 * Here’s a 2 minute video to show:
 * [https://www.useloom.com/share/eeee151d1c6a40059f4a9008ed2d24a8](https://www.useloom.com/share/eeee151d1c6a40059f4a9008ed2d24a8)
 * Cheers,
 * Mike
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Media uploads](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/media-uploads-7/)
 *  [Mike Olaski](https://wordpress.org/support/users/emjayoh/)
 * (@emjayoh)
 * [10 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/media-uploads-7/#post-7023411)
 * Hi,
 * Can you help me clarify your problem.
 * I understand you simply need help with the process of uploading a file to your
   WordPress site so that it can be added as a clickable download link in the body
   of a page or post?
 * It would seem you’ve found a way, but it’s not working well, and maybe it’s too
   complicated for your authors to follow.
 * Is this correct?
 * Mike
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Comment shows up in weird place](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/comment-shows-up-in-weird-place/)
 *  [Mike Olaski](https://wordpress.org/support/users/emjayoh/)
 * (@emjayoh)
 * [10 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/comment-shows-up-in-weird-place/#post-7025644)
 * Hi,
 * When you say “it doesn’t show up under comments” are you saying on the “front-
   end” the pages a viewer sees, where you expect the comment to show up, it isn’t
   there?
 * I don’t know the Anarcho Notepad theme, but I assume the “Feedback” section on
   your dashboard is a widget informing you you have a new comment.
 * Out of the box, WordPress will ask you to confirm comments before they go live
   to your site. This is called Moderation. You can find your comments here:
 * [http://yourdomainc.com/wp-admin/edit-comments.php](http://yourdomainc.com/wp-admin/edit-comments.php)
 * Go to:
 * Settings => Discussion you can set your comments to be auto-approved (which I
   don’t recommend).
 * [http://yourdomain.com/wp-admin/options-discussion.php](http://yourdomain.com/wp-admin/options-discussion.php)
 * Check [ √ ] “Comment author must have a previously approved comment”
 * This will set it so that once you approve one comment from a user, there next
   comments will auto approve. One of my site has over 50,000 comments, and this
   setting works fine for keeping out the junk (along with [Akismet](https://akismet.com/))
 * You can also Check [ √ ] “Comment must be manually approved” if you want to approve
   every comment, or leave them both unselect to let the spammers of the world have
   free range on your comments (again, not recommended ;).
 * Hope that helps,
 * Mike
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Media uploads](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/media-uploads-7/)
 *  [Mike Olaski](https://wordpress.org/support/users/emjayoh/)
 * (@emjayoh)
 * [10 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/media-uploads-7/#post-7023389)
 * Hi there,
 * Obviously I can’t say how your old code became your new code, but I assume you’re
   wanting to simply link to a file that you uploaded to your Media?
 * If that’s the case, you’re on the right track.
 * Here’s a basic overview of how Links (anchor tags) work and [how to “markup” your content to insert a link](http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_links.asp).
 * Your new code is missing the attribute “href” which uses the url to the file 
   you want to link to.
 * The old code, while working is rather awkward as it has some extra Javascript
   code that I am sure is unnessary, aas well as the “Anchor Text” (the words you
   want your link placed on) is currently “here,fcb”, which would seem to be not
   intentional. There’s also some random <fcb> tag in there.
 * To simplify your code you’d want something like this:
 * `<a href="http://gowd.us/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/NH-Basic-2CRev.docx">Click
   here for the file</a>`
 * That’s if you’re editing in the Text editor of WordPress.
 * Using the visual editor, you can select any words you want to place the link 
   onto, and
    paste in the URL of the file you want to link to.
 * [http://gowd.us/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/NH-Basic-2CRev.docx](http://gowd.us/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/NH-Basic-2CRev.docx)
 * If you don’t know the URL of the file, go to your media manager directly or by
   clicking the Add Media button on the post edit screen, find the file you want
   to link to, select it, and look for the field labeled “URL”. Select the entire
   string in that field box because that’s the direct URL to your file. You can 
   now use that to paste into the URL field when adding a link, or within the href
   attribute when editing code.
 * Cheers,
 * Mike
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [connecting a self-hosted intranet to an off-site hosted blog](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/connecting-a-self-hosted-intranet-to-an-off-site-hosted-blog/)
 *  [Mike Olaski](https://wordpress.org/support/users/emjayoh/)
 * (@emjayoh)
 * [10 years, 8 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/connecting-a-self-hosted-intranet-to-an-off-site-hosted-blog/#post-7015933)
 * I was wondering if my link would make it through redaction, but just google:
 * “Best WordPress Shared Hosting”. The article I referenced is by WP Beginner.
 * I can see why we wouldn’t want to get into a big thing about which Host is better,
   because more or less they’re a commodity these days. They’re all about the same.
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Multi-membership Area](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/multi-membership-area/)
 *  [Mike Olaski](https://wordpress.org/support/users/emjayoh/)
 * (@emjayoh)
 * [10 years, 8 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/multi-membership-area/#post-7012074)
 * Hi Dan,
 * When evaluating solutions for a problem I need to solve, I **always** turn to
   trusty Google:
 * Try searching:
 * “Best WordPress Membership Plugins”
    “Best WordPress Membership Plugins 2015”“
   Best Free WordPress Membership Plugins” “Best Premium WordPress Membership Plugins”
 * Look for several of the top results that list these solutions in a list article.
 * Try to find those that help you understand your specific requirements when making
   a choice, especially for a problem with as many variables as yours presents.
 * Make a list of the top 3-5 choices that are present on 3-5 of these lists, and
   then just try one or two that you feel comfortable with.
 * There are many, many solutions to Membership on WordPress.
 * That said, I usually turn to:
    - [OptimizePress Membership](http://www.optimizepress.com/): Because I use OptimizePress
      to build landing pages and the Membership plugin comes with it free. This 
      is a premium plugin around $100
    - [Wishlist Member](http://member.wishlistproducts.com/): The first one I used,
      and oldy but still good.
    - [WooCommerce Membership](https://www.woothemes.com/products/woocommerce-memberships/):
      A great option because it incorporates Woo Commerce for taking payments for
      your membership, which you would otherwise have to setup separately on other
      Membership plugins (disclosure, Woo is now part of Automattic, developers 
      of WordPress)
 * Here’s some questions you should ask yourself from [this good article](https://www.wp-tonic.com/2015/02/7-powerful-flexible-wordpress-membership-plugins-build-successful-online-community/):
    - How easy is the plugin to use on a day-to-day basis?
    - How good are the support and training materials?
    - How easy is it to learn and use?
    - How is its payment gateway diversity?
    - Does it have good e-commerce support?
    - Does it allow sequential delivery/drip content?
    - Does it provide multiple/concurrent accounts (e.g. for an office with 3 to
      20 users)?
    - What are its options for upselling and down-selling?
    - Does it allow for prorating charges?
 *  -  Here’s another good resource I found from Googling:
    - [https://www.elegantthemes.com/blog/tips-tricks/six-of-the-best-wordpress-membership-plugins-for-2015](https://www.elegantthemes.com/blog/tips-tricks/six-of-the-best-wordpress-membership-plugins-for-2015)
    - NOTE: You will also want to consider how your Membership site fits into your
      CRM or Email / Marketing Automation software. I use InfusionSoft for CRM/Email/
      Marketing and therefore Membership tools such as Memberium and iMember360 
      are great choices since they fully integrate with those services making your
      work communicating with your Customers more powerful.
    - Cheers,
    - Mike
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [connecting a self-hosted intranet to an off-site hosted blog](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/connecting-a-self-hosted-intranet-to-an-off-site-hosted-blog/)
 *  [Mike Olaski](https://wordpress.org/support/users/emjayoh/)
 * (@emjayoh)
 * [10 years, 8 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/connecting-a-self-hosted-intranet-to-an-off-site-hosted-blog/#post-7015931)
 * Hi there,
 * Have you considered setting up a sub-domain (blog.company.com, or intranet.company.
   com), or even a brand new domain (companyblog.com).
 * You’ll have to use MYSQL with wordpress too, but at least many hosting services
   have 1-click installs so you don’t have to do too much with the technical.
 * Regardless if you choose a sub-domain or new domain, you can host those sites
   on a cheap shared hosting plan, often only $5-$10 per month.
 * Try any of those listed here (also a great resource for tutorials):
 * _[Link redacted to prevent a discussion on particular hosting providers]_
 * As far as “connecting” the two, you can always link between them. Most major 
   developments have many, many domains and sub-domains intelinking, with WordPress
   being a great example including:
 * wordpress.com
    wordpress.org codex.wordpress.org make.wordpress.org
 * etc.
 * Cheers,
 * Mike
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [how to delate title space and line on suaveafree theme](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/how-to-delate-title-space-and-line-on-suaveafree-theme-1/)
 *  [Mike Olaski](https://wordpress.org/support/users/emjayoh/)
 * (@emjayoh)
 * [10 years, 8 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/how-to-delate-title-space-and-line-on-suaveafree-theme-1/#post-6961659)
 * Hi lailashi,
 * Do you mean H3?
 * H1 is your site title, and you probably want that in your header wouldn’t you?
 * If you’re meaning your page titles (which is why you have an empty space in your
   menu), then those are H3, not H1.
 * In either case, you can remove those in two ways:
 * #1 – Use CSS to declare the headline’s display property to none:
 * `h3 {display: none;}`
 * You can put this into your stylesheet, in your templates style tag, or directly
   in the headline element, however in your stylesheet is best practice.
 * You can also be more specific to target certain pages h3 tags by using id’s and
   classes like h3.entry-title (which would target h3’s only with the class “entry-
   title”, or #page-id-39 h3 (which would target h3’s only on the page with id “
   39”
 * #2 – Remove the element from the template markup:
 * Edit your templates php files, likely index.php or single.php and remove the 
   line of code that prints your headline to the page.
 * If you want to have only certain types of pages with no headline, you should 
   refer to the template hierarchy on how to create specific templates for customization.
 * [https://developer.wordpress.org/themes/basics/template-hierarchy/](https://developer.wordpress.org/themes/basics/template-hierarchy/)
 * Cheers,
 * Mike
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [animated gif blurry](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/animated-gif-blurry/)
 *  [Mike Olaski](https://wordpress.org/support/users/emjayoh/)
 * (@emjayoh)
 * [10 years, 8 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/animated-gif-blurry/#post-6948956)
 * Hi Benjamin, do you have a URL I can check out your image at?
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Seriously Simple Podcasting] Post Type Support](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/post-type-support-3/)
 *  Thread Starter [Mike Olaski](https://wordpress.org/support/users/emjayoh/)
 * (@emjayoh)
 * [12 years, 6 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/post-type-support-3/#post-4727689)
 * Ah, yes. I see that.
 * Hey, have you found when WordPress updates that your plugin breaks at all, perhaps
   causing a downtime in the feed to iTunes? My post-producer was saying that’s 
   why everyone uses PowerPress.
 * Also, I am wanting to extend the CPT with additional fields, do you see that 
   being a problem?
 * Thanks,
 * Mike
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Seriously Simple Podcasting] Post Type Support](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/post-type-support-3/)
 *  Thread Starter [Mike Olaski](https://wordpress.org/support/users/emjayoh/)
 * (@emjayoh)
 * [12 years, 6 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/post-type-support-3/#post-4727686)
 * Hey Hugh,
 * Mostly because I want my podcast to live at /shows/ not at /podcast/
 * The plugin would have to add the additional meta data fields to that CPT if I
   were to create it, no?
 * Mike

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

1 [2](https://wordpress.org/support/users/emjayoh/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)
[→](https://wordpress.org/support/users/emjayoh/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)