Title: drj12's Replies | WordPress.org

---

# drj12

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/drj12/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/drj12/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/drj12/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/drj12/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/drj12/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/drj12/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/drj12/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/drj12/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Complianz GDPR/CCPA Cookie Consent Banner] I see Adsense Ads even without given consent](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/i-see-adsense-ads-even-without-given-consent/)
 *  [drj12](https://wordpress.org/support/users/drj12/)
 * (@drj12)
 * [3 years, 10 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/i-see-adsense-ads-even-without-given-consent/page/2/#post-16263075)
 * We’ll see. I’ve had my blog running Google adsense for 15 yrs now and I just 
   realized I never had a cookie policy.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Complianz GDPR/CCPA Cookie Consent Banner] I see Adsense Ads even without given consent](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/i-see-adsense-ads-even-without-given-consent/)
 *  [drj12](https://wordpress.org/support/users/drj12/)
 * (@drj12)
 * [3 years, 10 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/i-see-adsense-ads-even-without-given-consent/page/2/#post-16262759)
 * I think I’ll take my chances. Not planning to travel to Europe in this lifetime.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Complianz GDPR/CCPA Cookie Consent Banner] I see Adsense Ads even without given consent](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/i-see-adsense-ads-even-without-given-consent/)
 *  [drj12](https://wordpress.org/support/users/drj12/)
 * (@drj12)
 * [3 years, 10 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/i-see-adsense-ads-even-without-given-consent/#post-16262670)
 * Thanks but I’m good now. Again, advanced ads (which is European — I just paid
   for it in Euros) has a check box that says “Show ads only to users who give their
   permission to cookies and ads”
 * I don’t check it because the law doesn’t say you can’t show advertisements…. 
   it says you cannot track personal information and use targeted ads. Apparently
   they worry people won’t be able to control themselves!
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Complianz GDPR/CCPA Cookie Consent Banner] I see Adsense Ads even without given consent](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/i-see-adsense-ads-even-without-given-consent/)
 *  [drj12](https://wordpress.org/support/users/drj12/)
 * (@drj12)
 * [3 years, 10 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/i-see-adsense-ads-even-without-given-consent/#post-16262657)
 * My reading of that policy you posted states that without cookies, google serves‘
   non-personalized ads’. And that makes sense, because the silly European laws 
   block tracking. They don’t block advertising!
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Complianz GDPR/CCPA Cookie Consent Banner] I see Adsense Ads even without given consent](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/i-see-adsense-ads-even-without-given-consent/)
 *  [drj12](https://wordpress.org/support/users/drj12/)
 * (@drj12)
 * [3 years, 10 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/i-see-adsense-ads-even-without-given-consent/#post-16262644)
 * That’s odd because I’m running them fine now using the plugin I mentioned. When
   I block cookies my ads all change… I usually get ones related to rentals or housing
   because of searches. When I turn off cookies on my site I get just as many ads,
   but for jewelry and boots of all things.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Complianz GDPR/CCPA Cookie Consent Banner] I see Adsense Ads even without given consent](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/i-see-adsense-ads-even-without-given-consent/)
 *  [drj12](https://wordpress.org/support/users/drj12/)
 * (@drj12)
 * [3 years, 10 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/i-see-adsense-ads-even-without-given-consent/#post-16262494)
 * Google Adsense will place cookies if allowed. If not allowed, Google sends out
   random ads that are not related to a readers’ specific interests. My problem 
   is that when I use the plugin, ALL google ads are blocked.
 * I am not trying to ‘exclude adsense from cookie consent’; I’m blocking cookies
   appropriately, but unfortunately when I do, my ads don’t run. I think I just 
   found a solution though with the advanced ads plugin, which has an option that
   can be selected to continue ads even if a person blocks cookies.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Complianz GDPR/CCPA Cookie Consent Banner] I see Adsense Ads even without given consent](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/i-see-adsense-ads-even-without-given-consent/)
 *  [drj12](https://wordpress.org/support/users/drj12/)
 * (@drj12)
 * [3 years, 10 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/i-see-adsense-ads-even-without-given-consent/#post-16261656)
 * I seem to have the opposite problem. I WANT to show Google ads, even if cookies
   are blocked, because my understanding is that the reader would then just receive
   random ads that are not directed toward them. But this plug-in, and every other
   cookie plug-in, prevents adsense from showing ads on my blog.
    I use ‘automated
   ads by Google’ with a header script, or I use the Google plugin. Ads from both
   are prevented if a person doesn’t accept cookies. Is there a way to prevent all
   Google ads from being blocked?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)