Title: digitalhecht's Replies | WordPress.org

---

# digitalhecht

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/digitalhecht/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/digitalhecht/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/digitalhecht/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/digitalhecht/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/digitalhecht/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/digitalhecht/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/digitalhecht/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/digitalhecht/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Adaptive Images](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/adaptive-images/)
 *  Thread Starter [digitalhecht](https://wordpress.org/support/users/digitalhecht/)
 * (@digitalhecht)
 * [14 years, 6 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/adaptive-images/page/3/#post-2271882)
 * So placing these three files from Github in wp-content/plugins/wp-resolutions:
   
   adaptive-images.php ai-cookie.php wp_resolutions.php I don’t see anything show
   up in the Dashboard. Am I doing this correctly? (The plugin is still MIA in the
   WP plugin directory this am…)
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Adaptive Images](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/adaptive-images/)
 *  Thread Starter [digitalhecht](https://wordpress.org/support/users/digitalhecht/)
 * (@digitalhecht)
 * [14 years, 6 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/adaptive-images/page/3/#post-2271880)
 * Ugh. Now it’s gone altogether…
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Adaptive Images](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/adaptive-images/)
 *  Thread Starter [digitalhecht](https://wordpress.org/support/users/digitalhecht/)
 * (@digitalhecht)
 * [14 years, 6 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/adaptive-images/page/3/#post-2271877)
 * Download (zip file) is empty. It’s 220b.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[QTVR Viewer] [Plugin: QTVR Viewer] DevalVR Plugin Crashes in all current browsers](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-qtvr-viewer-devalvr-plugin-crashes-in-all-current-browsers/)
 *  [digitalhecht](https://wordpress.org/support/users/digitalhecht/)
 * (@digitalhecht)
 * [14 years, 8 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-qtvr-viewer-devalvr-plugin-crashes-in-all-current-browsers/#post-2347211)
 * It works for me on desktop/laptop browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Opera, IE9) in Windows
   7. But so far I can’t find any solution to playing a QTVR file in Safari or Opera
   on iOS (in WordPress).
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Adaptive Images](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/adaptive-images/)
 *  Thread Starter [digitalhecht](https://wordpress.org/support/users/digitalhecht/)
 * (@digitalhecht)
 * [14 years, 9 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/adaptive-images/page/2/#post-2271860)
 * Thanks for your input, Shapeshifter. At the very least, I am now wiser, knowing
   of the Genesis/Mobile Responsive framework, as well as 320 and Up. I also see
   that Jorgen’s plugin is now available in the WP plugin directory. I am intrigued
   by the Genesis Framework idea. I’d like to hear others chime in. It appears that
   the whole concept of mobile responsive (WordPress) sites is gaining rapid momentum.
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Adaptive Images](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/adaptive-images/)
 *  Thread Starter [digitalhecht](https://wordpress.org/support/users/digitalhecht/)
 * (@digitalhecht)
 * [14 years, 9 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/adaptive-images/page/2/#post-2271856)
 * Ah. All is right in the world again… Thank you. I downloaded and installed around
   5pm PST today. Looking forward to seeing this work. Stripped down, mobile themes
   are getting old… (Will tweet or post to the wpresolutions page in the future.
   Thanks again.)
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Adaptive Images](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/adaptive-images/)
 *  Thread Starter [digitalhecht](https://wordpress.org/support/users/digitalhecht/)
 * (@digitalhecht)
 * [14 years, 9 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/adaptive-images/page/2/#post-2271854)
 * Thanks for creating this plugin, Jorgen. Unfortunately, it appears to have killed
   my WP site (self-hosted). Immediately after clicking activate plugin (after uploading
   via Dashboard in WP 3.2.1), I got an Internal Server 500 error. Not only is my
   site down, I cannot access my Dashboard-even after manually deleting the plugin
   via FTP. Any ideas?
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Photo Gallery, Sliders, Proofing and Themes - NextGEN Gallery] [Plugin: NextGEN Gallery] Image size](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-nextgen-gallery-image-size-1/)
 *  [digitalhecht](https://wordpress.org/support/users/digitalhecht/)
 * (@digitalhecht)
 * [14 years, 11 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-nextgen-gallery-image-size-1/#post-2040745)
 * Same here. Using 3.2.1. Also using the image browser option. (Oddly, if I use
   slideshow, I end up with the opposite problem: The gallery images are SMALLER
   than the originals.) It’s driving me insane! I posted a query elsewhere here,
   hoping the dev might chime in. Alas, I haven’t had much luck in general in these(
   wordpress.org) forums…
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Adaptive Images](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/adaptive-images/)
 *  Thread Starter [digitalhecht](https://wordpress.org/support/users/digitalhecht/)
 * (@digitalhecht)
 * [15 years ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/adaptive-images/#post-2271827)
 * chrisbee, that is not quite what he claims is supposed to happen. The image size
   served up is based on monitor resolution, not browser re-size.
    Here is an exchange
   I had with Matthew Wilcox (the dev):
 * _Hi Matthew,
    Just read about your plugin at Wired and am keen to test it. I 
   have a few questions: 1) In which page should the js code be placed for a WordPress
   site (self-installed)? Index.php or header.php? I ask as I received this link
   after posing this very question in the WordPress.org forums: [http://codex.wordpress.org/Using\_Javascript](http://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Javascript)
   It indicates header.php… 2) Once installed, how do I test if it’s working? (For
   example, I pulled up [http://adaptive-images.com/](http://adaptive-images.com/)
   on my iPhone and saved the becca.jpg to it. When I transferred it to my desktop,
   I saw it was the full-size image. Wouldn’t it be the smallest version I should
   have? Or is the image served based on connection speed as well?) Many thanks!
   Ed
 * (Response from Matt)
    I don’t use WordPress, so I can’t really help you on this.
   It is important that when you view the source of the HTML page the JavaScript
   is inside the <head> section. I would imagine that means you want to include 
   it in the header.php file, but that’s just guess work.
 * To test it is working you either need to visit the site on a small device or 
   you could publish a test entry with an image bigger than your monitor, then load
   the test entry in your browser. You can tell if it worked by having a look in
   the ai-cache folder. If it has a folder or two and the re-sized file in it, then
   it worked and will work for all sizes. If it doesn’t, then there’s something 
   wrong with the configuration of the .htaccess file, or the ai-cache folder isn’t
   writable.
 * Hope that helps,
    Matt
 * Hope this helps you, chris.
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Adaptive Images](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/adaptive-images/)
 *  Thread Starter [digitalhecht](https://wordpress.org/support/users/digitalhecht/)
 * (@digitalhecht)
 * [15 years ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/adaptive-images/#post-2271813)
 * I am throwing in the towel for now. Bigger fish to fry, as the saying goes…
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Adaptive Images](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/adaptive-images/)
 *  Thread Starter [digitalhecht](https://wordpress.org/support/users/digitalhecht/)
 * (@digitalhecht)
 * [15 years, 1 month ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/adaptive-images/#post-2271769)
 * Thanks, esmi. Right now, I cannot even get this script to work with regular html
   files, let alone WordPress installations.
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Corrupted MySQL DB?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/corrupted-mysql-db/)
 *  Thread Starter [digitalhecht](https://wordpress.org/support/users/digitalhecht/)
 * (@digitalhecht)
 * [15 years, 8 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/corrupted-mysql-db/#post-1901785)
 * Thanks for the response. I didn’t backup the database. Luckily this is just a
   personal website that wasn’t TOO far along. I plan to do a fresh install of WP
   into a new directory with a new db. I was just wondering what causes a db to 
   get corrupted (if that was the problem) and how to prevent it from happening 
   again (if that’s possible).

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)