Title: ddenev's Replies | WordPress.org

---

# ddenev

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ddenev/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ddenev/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ddenev/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ddenev/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ddenev/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ddenev/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ddenev/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ddenev/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[My Sticky Bar - Floating Notification Bar & Sticky Header (formerly myStickymenu)] Did this plugin change hands?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/did-this-plugin-change-hands/)
 *  [ddenev](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ddenev/)
 * (@ddenev)
 * [7 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/did-this-plugin-change-hands/#post-11459883)
 * I’m not affiliated but yes, it seems it changed hands. What troubles me is:
 * 1. The silent way in which this happened – no announcement of any kind
    2. The
   same silent introduction of a PRO version and not a word about the faith of the
   free one 3. The fact that it stopped working properly right after the plugin 
   was acquired – they introduced the absolutely unneeded styling sugar along with
   bugs – not a good sign of their capabilities.
 * None of the above is a good sign re the future of this plugin.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Style Kits for Elementor] Fatal error: Call to undefined function Analog\wp_set_script_tr](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/fatal-error-call-to-undefined-function-analogwp_set_script_tr/)
 *  Thread Starter [ddenev](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ddenev/)
 * (@ddenev)
 * [7 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/fatal-error-call-to-undefined-function-analogwp_set_script_tr/#post-11253204)
 * Aha, got it, thank you! I suspected that might be the problem but didn’t find
   any mention of this requirement 🙂
 * Have a nice day!
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[The SEO Framework – Fast, Automated, Effortless.] Custom taxonomies and Social titles and descriptions](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/custom-taxonomies-and-social-titles-and-descriptions/)
 *  Thread Starter [ddenev](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ddenev/)
 * (@ddenev)
 * [8 years, 3 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/custom-taxonomies-and-social-titles-and-descriptions/#post-10488894)
 * BTW, please check how SEOPress have implemented this – they have all the fields(
   as for pages) in a tabbed section for post categories terms.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[The SEO Framework – Fast, Automated, Effortless.] Custom taxonomies and Social titles and descriptions](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/custom-taxonomies-and-social-titles-and-descriptions/)
 *  Thread Starter [ddenev](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ddenev/)
 * (@ddenev)
 * [8 years, 3 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/custom-taxonomies-and-social-titles-and-descriptions/#post-10486609)
 * I think I understand your point about being overwhelmed and TSF adding to the
   bulk – I think you want to keep TSF neat and simple (as possible) so that it 
   keeps its distance from monsters like Yoast 🙂
 * But IMHO SEO is more about functionality rather than aesthetics. It’s more like
   Android rather than iOS, if you get my meaning 🙂
 * Your idea is better – could you do the same for taxonomies? Like adding settings(
   off by default if you want to have it tidy) for enabling social title/description/
   image for taxonomies?
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[The SEO Framework – Fast, Automated, Effortless.] Custom taxonomies and Social titles and descriptions](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/custom-taxonomies-and-social-titles-and-descriptions/)
 *  Thread Starter [ddenev](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ddenev/)
 * (@ddenev)
 * [8 years, 3 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/custom-taxonomies-and-social-titles-and-descriptions/#post-10486311)
 * Hi Sybre,
 * Thank you for replying!
 * Personally, I’m fine with the big list – I prefer functionality over aesthetics
   in this case. After all, this will only be visible in the admin area.
 * The thing is that [https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/36574](https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/36574)
   lies in the unknown future, it may be 1, 2, 3 years away. And I guess v3.2 for
   TSF is also at least 6 months away from now, right, maybe even more?
 * Therefore I would prefer the ugly but useful implementation now rather than the
   polished one somewhere in the future 🙂
 * Regarding ideas – one idea would be to use taxonomy custom fields – TSF would
   use them only if defined and the mapping (between the custom fields and the TSF
   ones) could be done in the TSF settings. I know this might be a stupid idea but
   it’s the only one that comes to my mind that allows to not overwhelm every TSF
   user with a big list of fields if he/she does not need them.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Code Snippets] [Improvement] Sort tags alphabetically in the filter dropdown](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/improvement-sort-tags-alphabetically-in-the-filter-dropdown/)
 *  Thread Starter [ddenev](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ddenev/)
 * (@ddenev)
 * [8 years, 3 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/improvement-sort-tags-alphabetically-in-the-filter-dropdown/#post-10481803)
 * Just to help – the following line in class-list-table.php:
    `return array_values(
   array_unique( $tags, SORT_REGULAR ) );` has to be replaced with:
 *     ```
       $tags = array_values( array_unique( $tags ) );
       sort($tags);
       return $tags;
       ```
   
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Code Snippets] [Improvement] Sort tags alphabetically in the filter dropdown](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/improvement-sort-tags-alphabetically-in-the-filter-dropdown/)
 *  Thread Starter [ddenev](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ddenev/)
 * (@ddenev)
 * [8 years, 3 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/improvement-sort-tags-alphabetically-in-the-filter-dropdown/#post-10481798)
 * Hi Shea,
 * Just wanted to ask you if you plan a release soon. I’m really in need of this
   functionality and manually patching all my sites is tedious.
 * Thank you again!
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[GDPR Cookie Compliance - Cookie Banner, Cookie Consent, Cookie Notice for CCPA, EU Cookie Law] Why is the page reloaded on Accept and Save](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/why-is-the-page-reloaded-on-accept-and-save/)
 *  Thread Starter [ddenev](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ddenev/)
 * (@ddenev)
 * [8 years, 4 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/why-is-the-page-reloaded-on-accept-and-save/#post-10373260)
 * Hi Gaspar,
 * Thank you for the detailed reply!
 * One of the reasons I am asking is based on the following example situation: imagine
   a user enters the site and starts filling a form. If he/she is halfway with the
   form and then accepts the cookies then the page will be reloaded, the user will
   have lost the already entered data and will be VERY frustrated => this will lead
   to the user just abandoning the site, hence a lost conversion – all just because
   he/she decided to accept the cookies after starting to fill the form.
 * I know of another cookie consent solution (Civicuk Cookie Control) which does
   not reload the page and deletes the cookies just fine when the user withdraws
   consent.
 * Some additional comments:
 * > Currently the plugin reload the page to include the scripts defined
 * I am sure scripts can be inserted without page reload. Google Tag Manager does
   this all the time 🙂
 * > and the because the cookies shouldn’t be cleared immediately with javascript(
   > only we can set the expiration to a past date) this task require reload
 * Could you please elaborate a little bit more? Why shouldn’t the cookies be cleared
   with JS? Cookies are set with JS after all.
 * > Also we can inject the scripts when you accept the cookies, but we can’t remove
   > the injected script only if we reload the page and re-inject the selected scripts
   > by user.
 * Also do not agree here. IMHO, you can perfectly remove the inserted scripts without
   page reload.
 * In a summary, I don’t see any benefits in reloading the page, while there are
   certainly drawbacks (as described above).
 * It is then good to hear that you are working on disabling the reload
 * Best regards,
    Drago
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Popup Maker - Boost Sales, Conversions, Optins, Subscribers with the Ultimate WP Popup Builder] Fatal error after upgrading to 1.7.0](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/fatal-error-after-upgrading-to-1-7-0/)
 *  Thread Starter [ddenev](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ddenev/)
 * (@ddenev)
 * [8 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/fatal-error-after-upgrading-to-1-7-0/#post-10065307)
 * [@danieliser](https://wordpress.org/support/users/danieliser/), now it works,
   thanks for the fix!
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[GTM4WP - A Google Tag Manager (GTM) plugin for WordPress] [BUG] Body part is not written when get_body_class() is called twice](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/bug-body-part-is-not-written-when-get_body_class-is-called-twice/)
 *  Thread Starter [ddenev](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ddenev/)
 * (@ddenev)
 * [8 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/bug-body-part-is-not-written-when-get_body_class-is-called-twice/#post-10017360)
 * Hi Thomas,
 * That is great, thank you very much!
 * Best regards,
    Drago
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[GTM4WP - A Google Tag Manager (GTM) plugin for WordPress] [BUG] Body part is not written when get_body_class() is called twice](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/bug-body-part-is-not-written-when-get_body_class-is-called-twice/)
 *  Thread Starter [ddenev](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ddenev/)
 * (@ddenev)
 * [8 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/bug-body-part-is-not-written-when-get_body_class-is-called-twice/#post-10014388)
 * Hi, Thomas
 * Thank you very much for the solution!
 * I see in the code that you have added the “generate_before_header” hook.
 * Would you also add the “elementor/page_templates/canvas/before_content” hook 
   as well?
    You can see in my code above how I use it. This is used in the Elementor’s
   canvas template which is used for pages that do not need a theme (e.g. landing
   pages, coming soon pages, etc.). And since it does not go via the theme, it would
   not call GP’s header.php, hence the “generate_before_header” hook will not be
   called and we need to hook into the special hook that Elementor provides for 
   this case.
 * Thank you again!
 * Best regards,
    Drago
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[GTM4WP - A Google Tag Manager (GTM) plugin for WordPress] [BUG] Body part is not written when get_body_class() is called twice](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/bug-body-part-is-not-written-when-get_body_class-is-called-twice/)
 *  Thread Starter [ddenev](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ddenev/)
 * (@ddenev)
 * [8 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/bug-body-part-is-not-written-when-get_body_class-is-called-twice/#post-10013164)
 * Hi Thomas,
 * Here is the GeneratePress hook that IMHO you may use:
    [https://docs.generatepress.com/article/generate_before_header/](https://docs.generatepress.com/article/generate_before_header/)
 * It is called right after the opening <body> tag.
    From the header.php:
 *     ```
       ...
       <body <?php generate_body_schema();?> <?php body_class(); ?>>
       	<?php
       	/**
       	 * generate_before_header hook.
       	 *
       	 * @since 0.1
       	 *
       	 * @hooked generate_do_skip_to_content_link - 2
       	 * @hooked generate_top_bar - 5
       	 * @hooked generate_add_navigation_before_header - 5
       	 */
       	do_action( 'generate_before_header' );
       ...
       ```
   
 * This is the hook that I actually use in my code above.
 * When you implement it, could you also implement hooking into the Elementor’s 
   hook (as above) as well?
 * Thank you and best regards,
    Drago
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[GTM4WP - A Google Tag Manager (GTM) plugin for WordPress] [BUG] Body part is not written when get_body_class() is called twice](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/bug-body-part-is-not-written-when-get_body_class-is-called-twice/)
 *  Thread Starter [ddenev](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ddenev/)
 * (@ddenev)
 * [8 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/bug-body-part-is-not-written-when-get_body_class-is-called-twice/#post-10011999)
 * Hi,
 * Thank you for your reply!
 * One important clarification – it is not the body_class() that is called twice,
   it the get_body_class() function that is called which is a regular WP function
   and not a filter. This function’s purpose (you know that) is to provide the classes
   of the body tag. This means it may be called by any other plugin and code if 
   it needs to know these classes and there is nothing in the WP docs that says 
   that it should not be called more than once. The get_body_class() in turn applies
   the “body_class” filters, which is where you hook your code.
 * With that clarified, I do not think that Tom (the GeneratePress developer) will
   agree to change his code, since it seems pretty legit.
 * I also understand that you actually need to hook somewhere into the body tag 
   and that this is the only (maybe? 🙂 ) point at which this can be done. I also
   understand the need for the “code has been written” check.
 * I could of course write to Tom but since to me this seems like a major problem
   to solve on a compatibility level (I am not saying that it is your plugin’s problem),
   I would suggest that you contact him and try to find a solution together. I wouldn’t
   want to be a proxy :). I think I provided enough information about the issue.
 * Keep in mind that GeneratePress has a pretty large user base, so many people 
   will benefit from the eventual solution.
 * For now I applied a workaround – I keep the WPGTM setting to Off and use the 
   following code in Code Snippets (putting here fr other to re-use if needed):
 *     ```
       // The <head> part
       add_action( 'wp_head', function () {
       	?>
       	<!-- Google Tag Manager -->
       	<script>(function(w,d,s,l,i){w[l]=w[l]||[];w[l].push({'gtm.start':
       	new Date().getTime(),event:'gtm.js'});var f=d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0],
       	j=d.createElement(s),dl=l!='dataLayer'?'&l='+l:'';j.async=true;j.src=
       	'https://www.googletagmanager.com/gtm.js?id='+i+dl;f.parentNode.insertBefore(j,f);
       	})(window,document,'script','dataLayer','GTM-XXXXXXX');</script>
       	<!-- End Google Tag Manager -->
       	<?php
       }, 0 );
   
       // The <body> part
       add_action( 'generate_before_header', 'custom_add_google_tag_manager_body' );
       add_action( 'elementor/page_templates/canvas/before_content', 'custom_add_google_tag_manager_body' );
       function dde_add_google_tag_manager_body () {
       	?>
       	<!-- Google Tag Manager (noscript) -->
       	<noscript><iframe src="https://www.googletagmanager.com/ns.html?id=GTM-XXXXXXX"
       	height="0" width="0" style="display:none;visibility:hidden"></iframe></noscript>
       	<!-- End Google Tag Manager (noscript) -->
       	<?php
       }
       ```
   
 * To address your remarks as well:
    1. Unfortunately I am not aware of such a technique – how to find out if get_body_class()
       was not used to output the body class. I am not a WP dev and am not familiar
       with the API.
    2. I also tried the approach with the custom code placement but with the same result–
       here the main issue is that I am using the blank canvas of Elementor which is
       not calling the header.php but has its own (“plugins/elementor/includes/page-
       templates/canvas.php”) and this one cannot be used in a child theme – I rather
       have to use hooks.
    3. Thank you again for your support and have a nice day!
    4. Best regards,
        Drago
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Microthemer] How to move the Microthemer admin bar item to the left?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/how-to-move-the-microthemer-admin-bar-item-to-the-left/)
 *  Thread Starter [ddenev](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ddenev/)
 * (@ddenev)
 * [8 years, 8 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/how-to-move-the-microthemer-admin-bar-item-to-the-left/#post-9917394)
 * Hi Sebastian,
 * Thank you very much for replying!
 * I have the “Admin Bar Button” plugin installed and it adds a “Hide” link to the
   toolbar. Since Microthemer is adding its link with priority 999999, it is always
   the last. I would rather prefer to have the “Hide” link be the last.
 * This is a very minor issue and I just wanted to know if I could do something 
   myself (I do programming) to solve it, didn’t want to bother you fixing it yourself–
   I guess you have more important features to work on 🙂
 * Best regards,
    Drago

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)