Title: DavideL's Replies | WordPress.org

---

# DavideL

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/davidel/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/davidel/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/davidel/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/davidel/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/davidel/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/davidel/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/davidel/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/davidel/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Perfect Images: Regenerate Thumbnails, Image Sizes, WebP & AVIF] Basic usage – size of image to upload](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/basic-usage-size-of-image-to-upload/)
 *  Thread Starter [DavideL](https://wordpress.org/support/users/davidel/)
 * (@davidel)
 * [5 years, 3 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/basic-usage-size-of-image-to-upload/#post-14634950)
 * Hello Jordy,
 * little follow-up question.
 * If I upload `image-718.jpg` (718px wide) and `image-718@2x.jpg` (1436px wide),
   the plugin sets the `srcset` attribute so that the retina version is displayed
   on retina devices.
 * But at this point all the thumbnails and all the retina thumbnails are created
   for both the versions, so that I end up having many duplicates:
 * – full-size `image-718.jpg` (manually uploaded)
    – retina full-size `image-718@
   2x.jpg` (manually uploaded)
 * – small thumbnail `image-718-100x100.jpg` (generated by wp, 100px wide)
    – small
   retina thumbnail `image-718-100x100@2x.jpg` (generated by plugin, 200px wide)
 * – duplicate small thumbnail `image-718@2x-100x100.jpg` (generated by wp, 100px
   wide)
    – duplicate small retina thumbnail `image-718@2x-100x100@2x.jpg` (generated
   by plugin, 200px wide)
 * and so on for the other thumbnail sizes. The duplicate images (namely the thumbnails,
   retina and non-retina, generated from the full-size `image-718@2x.jpg`) are not
   used anywhere, but they take up space.
 * Does the pro version of the plugin solve this problem?
    -  This reply was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by [DavideL](https://wordpress.org/support/users/davidel/).
    -  This reply was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by [DavideL](https://wordpress.org/support/users/davidel/).
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Perfect Images: Regenerate Thumbnails, Image Sizes, WebP & AVIF] Basic usage – size of image to upload](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/basic-usage-size-of-image-to-upload/)
 *  Thread Starter [DavideL](https://wordpress.org/support/users/davidel/)
 * (@davidel)
 * [5 years, 3 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/basic-usage-size-of-image-to-upload/#post-14632605)
 * Hey Jordy, thank you very much, great article. I opted for uploading two versions
   fo my full-size image with the @2x convention, so that full-size retina images
   are available.
 * Best,
 * Davide
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Subscribe To Comments Reloaded] Subscription box not appearing](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/subscription-box-not-appearing/)
 *  Thread Starter [DavideL](https://wordpress.org/support/users/davidel/)
 * (@davidel)
 * [12 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/subscription-box-not-appearing/#post-4652986)
 * ^^ my fault. Thanks a lot, now it’s working well.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Subscribe To Comments Reloaded] Subscription box not appearing](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/subscription-box-not-appearing/)
 *  Thread Starter [DavideL](https://wordpress.org/support/users/davidel/)
 * (@davidel)
 * [12 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/subscription-box-not-appearing/#post-4652980)
 * Great, thanks =) Just one more thing. Which of the dozens of Tempera files is
   the one I should modify? I can’t find a specific html file nor I have a great
   familiarity with WP.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Subscribe To Comments Reloaded] Subscription box not appearing](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/subscription-box-not-appearing/)
 *  Thread Starter [DavideL](https://wordpress.org/support/users/davidel/)
 * (@davidel)
 * [12 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/subscription-box-not-appearing/#post-4652955)
 * Hi [@reedyseth](https://wordpress.org/support/users/reedyseth/), I knew why the
   message “No articles found” is appearing, the problem was just with the subscription
   box =)
 * Now, which options do you need to know? Here some screens:
 * [Options 1](http://ripetizioni-matematica-padova.it/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/opzioni1.png)
   
   [Management page](http://ripetizioni-matematica-padova.it/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/opzioni2.png)
   [Options 2](http://ripetizioni-matematica-padova.it/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/opzioni3.png)
 * Yes I’m the admin of the site, but sorry I don’t really know how to run a query/.\
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Subscribe To Comments Reloaded] Subscription box not appearing](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/subscription-box-not-appearing/)
 *  Thread Starter [DavideL](https://wordpress.org/support/users/davidel/)
 * (@davidel)
 * [12 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/subscription-box-not-appearing/#post-4652940)
 * Hi [@reedyseth](https://wordpress.org/support/users/reedyseth/), thanks for your
   answer. I followed the steps: I made a copy of page.php, added the code, saved
   as subscribe.php, uploaded with FTP. I set the Virtual Management Page to NO,
   then created a new page with the permalink `http://ripetizioni-matematica-padova.
   it/comment-subscriptions/` matching the one I have in the corresponding option
   in the StCR plugin and with the created template…What’s next? I mean, I can see
   this page saying something like _“If you wish to unsubscribe from an article 
   check the corresponding box and click the button at the bottom of the list. You
   are now following:_
 * No articles found.”
 * But still no subscription box under the comments area… any suggestion?
 *   Forum: [Themes and Templates](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/themes-and-templates/)
   
   In reply to: [[Tempera] Articles in presentation page](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/articles-in-presentation-page/)
 *  Thread Starter [DavideL](https://wordpress.org/support/users/davidel/)
 * (@davidel)
 * [12 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/articles-in-presentation-page/#post-4652354)
 * Solved: in content-frontpage.php this
 *     ```
       /* Start the Loop */
       		$paged = ( get_query_var('paged') ) ? get_query_var('paged') : 1;
       		$the_query = new WP_Query( array('posts_per_page'=>$temperas['tempera_frontpostscount'],'paged'=> $paged) );
       				while ( $the_query->have_posts() ) : $the_query->the_post();
       ```
   
 * becomes this
 *     ```
       /* Start the Loop */
        $paged = ( get_query_var('paged') ) ? get_query_var('paged') : 1;
       $the_query = new WP_Query( array('posts_per_page'=>$temperas['tempera_frontpostscount'],'paged'=> $paged, 'post__not_in' => array(ID)));
       	while ( $the_query->have_posts() ) : $the_query->the_post();
       ```
   

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)