Title: sleuthbuilder's Replies | WordPress.org

---

# sleuthbuilder

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/dasbuilder/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/dasbuilder/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/dasbuilder/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/dasbuilder/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/dasbuilder/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/dasbuilder/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/dasbuilder/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/dasbuilder/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[JWT Auth - WordPress JSON Web Token Authentication] 403 jwt_auth_no_auth_header with nginx / kinsta](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/403-jwt_auth_no_auth_header-with-nginx-kinsta/)
 *  [sleuthbuilder](https://wordpress.org/support/users/dasbuilder/)
 * (@dasbuilder)
 * [5 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/403-jwt_auth_no_auth_header-with-nginx-kinsta/#post-14169776)
 * [@contactjavas](https://wordpress.org/support/users/contactjavas/) I’m curious,
   the docs mention passing the `username` and `password` as a parameter – isn’t
   that normally considered a query arg or am I misunderstanding?
 * > To generate token, submit a POST request to this endpoint. With username and
   > password as the parameters.
 * Your mention of including it in the body helped me with my issue. Am I misunderstanding
   how this works or is there more to it?
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[JWT Auth - WordPress JSON Web Token Authentication] Configure JWT with Nginx](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/configure-jwt-with-nginx/)
 *  [sleuthbuilder](https://wordpress.org/support/users/dasbuilder/)
 * (@dasbuilder)
 * [5 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/configure-jwt-with-nginx/#post-14169709)
 * [@sy007](https://wordpress.org/support/users/sy007/) I followed this guide to
   generate by token: [https://wordpress.org/support/topic/403-jwt_auth_no_auth_header-with-nginx-kinsta/](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/403-jwt_auth_no_auth_header-with-nginx-kinsta/)
 * Afterwards, I used Postman to make an update to my post where I didn’t have issues.
   The curl I ran was this – replace `TOKEN` with your token, `mysite.tld` with 
   your actual site, and the post ID with the post you’re updating.
 *     ```
       curl -L 'https://mysite.tld/wp-json/wp/v2/posts/1' -X POST -H 'content-type: application/json' -H 'Authorization: Bearer TOKEN' --data-raw '{"title":"Updated title"}'
       ```
   
 * This was a test update, but what are you trying to update and what’s the error?
    -  This reply was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by [sleuthbuilder](https://wordpress.org/support/users/dasbuilder/).
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[JWT Auth - WordPress JSON Web Token Authentication] Configure JWT with Nginx](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/configure-jwt-with-nginx/)
 *  [sleuthbuilder](https://wordpress.org/support/users/dasbuilder/)
 * (@dasbuilder)
 * [5 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/configure-jwt-with-nginx/#post-14169702)
 * I’d also like to know what an appropriate Nginx rule would be. I currently have
   this in my Nginx configuration and had no issues generating a token using Postman.
 *     ```
       #JWT Auth plugin
       if ($http_HTTP_JWT_AUTHORIZATION ~ "^(.*)"){
       	set $rule_0 1;
       }
       if ($rule_0 = "1"){
       	set $http_HTTP_JWT_AUTHORIZATION %1;
       }
       ```
   
 * This is another Nginx rule that was suggested by a colleague of mine.
 *     ```
       if ($http_authorization ~ "^(.*)"){
       	set $rule_0 1;
       }
       if ($rule_0 = "1"){
       	set $http_authorization %1;
       }
       ```
   
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[WooCommerce] Cannot update products since last update](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/cannot-update-products-since-last-update/)
 *  [sleuthbuilder](https://wordpress.org/support/users/dasbuilder/)
 * (@dasbuilder)
 * [5 years, 8 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/cannot-update-products-since-last-update/#post-13945283)
 * [@rawkus2g](https://wordpress.org/support/users/rawkus2g/) hmm, do you have a
   search feature in the program you’re using?
    I’m using phpMyAdmin and have a “
   Search” at the top after I select my database. [https://imgur.com/a/GJyPsGw](https://imgur.com/a/GJyPsGw)
   is what it looks like when I have the search box open. [https://imgur.com/a/KJO8jf7](https://imgur.com/a/KJO8jf7)
   is the search I did. I hope these help!
 * I also did not mention it, but I ensured WooCommerce was the only active plugin
   and even changed the theme.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[WooCommerce] Cannot update products since last update](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/cannot-update-products-since-last-update/)
 *  [sleuthbuilder](https://wordpress.org/support/users/dasbuilder/)
 * (@dasbuilder)
 * [5 years, 8 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/cannot-update-products-since-last-update/#post-13945155)
 * [@rawkus2g](https://wordpress.org/support/users/rawkus2g/)
 * I can’t guarantee it will work but it’s worth a try and has worked so far on 
   a test site I’m using.
    If you have access to phpMyAdmin (or something similar)
   you can run this query for your database after selecting your database name. 
   You will also need to replace wp_options with what you have set in your table_prefix
   in wp-config.php.
 * Example, if you have `raw_` in your table_prefix, you’ll have to run this query
   instead (I replaced wp_ with raw_).
 *     ```
       SELECT * FROM raw_options WHERE option_name = 'wc_remote_inbox_notifications_specs'
       ```
   
 * I hope this helps!
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[WooCommerce] Cannot update products since last update](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/cannot-update-products-since-last-update/)
 *  [sleuthbuilder](https://wordpress.org/support/users/dasbuilder/)
 * (@dasbuilder)
 * [5 years, 8 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/cannot-update-products-since-last-update/#post-13945110)
 * I’ve seen this issue on 4.7, 4.8 and 4.9 – rolling back the plugin version doesn’t
   work either.
 * One thing that I am seeing when running a trace on a request like this is that
   there’s a request to 192.0.66.5 IP and an update to the table wp_options using
   an INSERT INTO statement.
 * This option is constantly updated wc_remote_inbox_notifications_specs in a never-
   ending loop.
 * It seems that setting this option’s “autoload” setting to “no” fixes product 
   updates.
    Updating Woo’s database doesn’t help either.
 * I used this query to pull the option from the database:
    `SELECT * FROM wp_options
   WHERE option_name = 'wc_remote_inbox_notifications_specs'`
 * Then I updated the “autoload” setting to “no” from “yes”.
    -  This reply was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by [sleuthbuilder](https://wordpress.org/support/users/dasbuilder/).
    -  This reply was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by [sleuthbuilder](https://wordpress.org/support/users/dasbuilder/).
    -  This reply was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by [sleuthbuilder](https://wordpress.org/support/users/dasbuilder/).
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[WooCommerce] Product Save Times Out to 502 Error](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/product-save-times-out-to-502-error/)
 *  [sleuthbuilder](https://wordpress.org/support/users/dasbuilder/)
 * (@dasbuilder)
 * [5 years, 8 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/product-save-times-out-to-502-error/#post-13945095)
 * One thing that I am seeing when running a trace on a request like this is that
   there’s a request to 192.0.66.5 IP and an update to the table wp_options using
   an INSERT INTO statement.
 * This option is constantly updated wc_remote_inbox_notifications_specs in a never-
   ending loop.
 * It seems that setting this option’s “autoload” setting to “no” fixes product 
   updates.
    Updating Woo’s database doesn’t help either.
 * I used this query to pull the option from the database:
    `SELECT * FROM wp_options
   WHERE option_name = 'wc_remote_inbox_notifications_specs'`
 * Then I updated the “autoload” setting to “no” from “yes”.
    -  This reply was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by [sleuthbuilder](https://wordpress.org/support/users/dasbuilder/).

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)