Title: cmiper's Replies | WordPress.org

---

# cmiper

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cmiper/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cmiper/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cmiper/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cmiper/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cmiper/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cmiper/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cmiper/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cmiper/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

 *   Forum: [Alpha/Beta/RC](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/alphabeta/)
    In 
   reply to: [2.5 image upload](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/25-image-upload/)
 *  [cmiper](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cmiper/)
 * (@cmiper)
 * [17 years, 8 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/25-image-upload/page/10/#post-714447)
 * More importantly, for me anyway, was that it worked. 😉
 *   Forum: [Alpha/Beta/RC](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/alphabeta/)
    In 
   reply to: [2.5 image upload](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/25-image-upload/)
 *  [cmiper](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cmiper/)
 * (@cmiper)
 * [17 years, 9 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/25-image-upload/page/10/#post-714445)
 * *NOTE: If you don’t want to read through all of this babble, skip down to the
   bottom to see what worked for me. ;-)*
 * ****
    I hate to bring this one up again, but I figured it was a central post 
   that everyone refers back to, so it would be a good spot for someone like me 
   who had exhausted all their possible options on this one.
 * I had poured through almost every post here regarding this issue, and had tried
   every suggestion, checking back daily for weeks. Every plug in, .htaccess workaround,
   permission set, hack, you name it…nothing worked.
 * Today, I was setting up a new blog on the same host package, the same domain,
   the same DB server, and I decided to see if it too had the same upload error 
   issue as I was having on my main photoblog site. Right out of the box, I uploaded
   a 1024×768 500k image…no problem at all. The best I was able to currently upload
   on my photoblog (that was having the HTTP upload issue) was about 800x600p and
   around 200k. I decided to spend some time going through all of my plugins, half
   at a time to see if I could narrow it down to a plugin on a 50/50 basis. As soon
   as I deactivated 1/2 of them…the issue was gone. Seeing that, I reactivated 1/
   2 of the previously deactivated ones and then tried again. The issue came back
   first shot with the same file. From there, I just kept playing the 50/50 game
   until I found the plugin that was causing it for me. I toggled it back and forth,
   and sure enough, it was the one that was causing me the headaches.
 * WP-SpamFree 1.9.6.6
 * Now, granted, I did not go back through all of the settings for WP-SpamFree yet,
   so there *may* be a way to get it to play nice. I was more concerned about being
   able to use WP to upload the photo sizes that I was able to prior to 2.5 or 2.6…
   whichever started tossing me the errors. I will report back if I find a setting
   or workaround for still using the plugin without the issue.
 * So if you are reading this, and had gone through all of the steps on the first
   4 pages without any luck, check what I’ve mentioned above.
 * Good luck!
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Can’t upload image in 2.5](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/cant-upload-image-in-25/)
 *  [cmiper](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cmiper/)
 * (@cmiper)
 * [18 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/cant-upload-image-in-25/page/2/#post-724409)
 * Final Update?
 * Seems that all of the issues have cleared up for me since installing 2.5.1 today.
   I have added and turned on all previous plugins, and all uploads are going through
   without a hitch. Not sure if that’s the answer for everyone, but it worked here.
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Can’t upload image in 2.5](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/cant-upload-image-in-25/)
 *  [cmiper](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cmiper/)
 * (@cmiper)
 * [18 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/cant-upload-image-in-25/page/2/#post-724391)
 * Otto…trust me, I have been through every step along the way, every post, every
   link, every .htaccess modification, and nothing has worked so far (for me anyhow)
   besides disabling the WordPress Stats and Cache scripts. There are some specific
   errors posted here that are not mentioned in your like or the other spinoff links.
   Lots of the errors in this thread are not being fixed by the link that you hate
   to keep pointing out. I am sure it has solved the issues for some folks, but 
   it’s not the magic fix for the rest of us.
 * One constant I can prove, is that small files (< 200k) will upload 100% of the
   time, while anything (> 300k) is a failure. I don’t pretend to understand it,
   but I have gone through every resource available here so far and nothing has 
   worked.
 * I can, and am able to work around the issue, so all is not lost, it’s more of
   a convenience and the ability to run things the way I was prior to this error
   showing up. I appreciate the help that is being give here, it’s just not working
   in all of these cases.
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Can’t upload image in 2.5](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/cant-upload-image-in-25/)
 *  [cmiper](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cmiper/)
 * (@cmiper)
 * [18 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/cant-upload-image-in-25/page/2/#post-724377)
 * UPDATE – Final…I give in (for now)
 * Disabling WP-Cache, WordPress.com Stats, and WP-SPAM Free and I have 0% problems.
   I am sticking with that for the time being until I run into issues, or a specific
   cause/fix comes out.
 * Thanks for all the info in this and the other linked threads, it’s appreciated.
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Can’t upload image in 2.5](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/cant-upload-image-in-25/)
 *  [cmiper](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cmiper/)
 * (@cmiper)
 * [18 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/cant-upload-image-in-25/page/2/#post-724369)
 * UPDATE 2 – WordPress.com Stats + WP-SuperCache GOOD!
 * After manually clearing all remains of the cache and the plugins, they are playing
   well together….
 * WP-SPAM Free is killing it now and I think I see what’s happening.
 * If WP-SPAM free is turned ON the error occurs, and once it does, there are 2 
   fresh pages in the cache. If you then turn off WP-SPAM Free, I am guessing that
   you are being served the cached pages for the uploader, because the error remains
   until you flush the cache again.
 * Now…to poke around with Spam Free for a bit…
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Can’t upload image in 2.5](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/cant-upload-image-in-25/)
 *  [cmiper](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cmiper/)
 * (@cmiper)
 * [18 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/cant-upload-image-in-25/page/2/#post-724367)
 * UPDATE – I seem to have solved my issue though not completely because I can make
   the issue come back.
 * First, the issue seems to be coming from WP.com Stats and/or a combination with
   WP-SuperCache. If you disable all plugins, then flush the cache files, then fire
   up the plugins again, everything works fine and dandy until you re-enable WordPress.
   com Stats…then the error comes back. Even if you disable the plugin, the error
   remains. You have to now flush the WP-Cache/Supercache, deactivate, then re-activate
   the WP-SuperCache to get it working again. I’m not sure if this makes sense to
   someone else who knows better than I, the only thing I can think of is the fact
   that the info populating WordPress.com stats is coming from offsite? What these
   have to do with uploading photos is beyond me, but I can fix/break it using the
   methods I posted above.
 * I am going to try manually deleting and reinstalling the plugins to see if I 
   can get things working properly.
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Can’t upload image in 2.5](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/cant-upload-image-in-25/)
 *  [cmiper](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cmiper/)
 * (@cmiper)
 * [18 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/cant-upload-image-in-25/page/2/#post-724366)
 * I’m stuck in the same boat as well. I have tried everything on the sticky post
   regarding the issue. I have disabled plugins, cleared cache/supercache/browser
   cache, etc etc. I also ran the ‘No flash uploader” plugin, and that gives me 
   the error with a little more info.
 * “Error 500 – Internal server error
    An internal server error has occurred! Please
   try again later.”
 * I was able to post photos all along with 2.5, this issue seems to have turned
   up within the past week, in which time I have added no plugins or made any changes.
   I am a bit stumped. 🙁
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [pages in the sidebar](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/pages-in-the-sidebar/)
 *  [cmiper](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cmiper/)
 * (@cmiper)
 * [19 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/pages-in-the-sidebar/#post-523929)
 * I am not seeing it. Checked IE7, FF2.0, and Safari…all work properly with the
   sidebar showing single links for each page.
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Lost “Visual” option for posting](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/lost-visual-option-for-posting/)
 *  [cmiper](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cmiper/)
 * (@cmiper)
 * [19 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/lost-visual-option-for-posting/#post-523925)
 * The answer can be found [here](http://wordpress.org/support/topic/106237?replies=6#post-517910).
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [WYSIWYG Editor](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/wysiwyg-editor-1-2-3/)
 *  [cmiper](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cmiper/)
 * (@cmiper)
 * [19 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/wysiwyg-editor-1-2-3/#post-523901)
 * Click on “My Profile” on the top right (when logged in).
 * Check the box “Use the visual editor when writing”
 * It was originally on for me, then I changed the nickname for admin and it seems
   to have turned it off. Not sure if it was coincidence or not…?

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)