Title: cktalons's Replies | WordPress.org

---

# cktalons

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cktalons/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cktalons/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cktalons/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cktalons/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cktalons/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cktalons/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cktalons/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cktalons/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

1 [2](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cktalons/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)
[→](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cktalons/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)

 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[All-in-One WP Migration and Backup] Restoring database keeps spinning](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/restoring-database-keeps-spinning/)
 *  [cktalons](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cktalons/)
 * (@cktalons)
 * [11 years, 2 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/restoring-database-keeps-spinning/page/2/#post-5690018)
 * So I just refreshed the page and everything is there. WEIRD. Recommend others
   try the same…
 * Love this plugin. LOVE.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[All-in-One WP Migration and Backup] Restoring database keeps spinning](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/restoring-database-keeps-spinning/)
 *  [cktalons](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cktalons/)
 * (@cktalons)
 * [11 years, 2 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/restoring-database-keeps-spinning/page/2/#post-5690017)
 * I’m stuck too, at 93% complete. Spinning, spinning, spinning…
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Column-Matic] Will not float:none or clear:both in TwentyTwelve Theme](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/will-not-floatnone-or-clearboth-in-twentytwelve-theme/)
 *  Thread Starter [cktalons](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cktalons/)
 * (@cktalons)
 * [13 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/will-not-floatnone-or-clearboth-in-twentytwelve-theme/#post-3507706)
 * Emailed.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Column-Matic] Will not float:none or clear:both in TwentyTwelve Theme](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/will-not-floatnone-or-clearboth-in-twentytwelve-theme/)
 *  Thread Starter [cktalons](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cktalons/)
 * (@cktalons)
 * [13 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/will-not-floatnone-or-clearboth-in-twentytwelve-theme/#post-3507704)
 * Baden my buddy, it’s still not working! I added the spaces, I updated the plugin,
   put in the custom code into the new options page. Still no floating or clearing.
 * [http://truenorthe.com](http://truenorthe.com)
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Home page is blank, other pages fine.](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/home-page-is-blank-other-pages-fine/)
 *  Thread Starter [cktalons](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cktalons/)
 * (@cktalons)
 * [13 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/home-page-is-blank-other-pages-fine/#post-3661970)
 * Krishna,
    Yes, I fixed it. Deleted the “defualt.html” file in the directory.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[WordPress Move] How long to propagate?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/how-long-to-propagate/)
 *  Thread Starter [cktalons](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cktalons/)
 * (@cktalons)
 * [13 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/how-long-to-propagate/#post-3655931)
 * Site was done propagating, there was a blank file titled “default.html” in the
   root, making the home page blank.
 * I deleted it, and now everything works fine.
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Home page is blank, other pages fine.](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/home-page-is-blank-other-pages-fine/)
 *  Thread Starter [cktalons](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cktalons/)
 * (@cktalons)
 * [13 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/home-page-is-blank-other-pages-fine/#post-3661956)
 * AH HA!
 * In the root directory of the site there was a “default.hmtl” file which was BLANK.
   Once I deleted it, home page works fine.
 * So to anyone wondering why the home page isn’t showing, it’s because of this 
   empty “default.html” file. Delete it and all will work again.
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Home page is blank, other pages fine.](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/home-page-is-blank-other-pages-fine/)
 *  Thread Starter [cktalons](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cktalons/)
 * (@cktalons)
 * [13 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/home-page-is-blank-other-pages-fine/#post-3661951)
 * Yes, the posts and pages show up on the dashboard. And I can log in and out at
   will. Backend is working fine.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[WordPress Move] Transfer to a subdomain did not work — help!](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/transfer-to-a-subdomain-did-not-work-help/)
 *  [cktalons](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cktalons/)
 * (@cktalons)
 * [13 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/transfer-to-a-subdomain-did-not-work-help/#post-3251376)
 * I’m having a problem with this as well.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Custom Contact Forms] Fixed Field Suggestions](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/fixed-field-suggestions/)
 *  [cktalons](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cktalons/)
 * (@cktalons)
 * [13 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/fixed-field-suggestions/#post-3455551)
 * That’s a way better idea, and I’m sorry I didn’t think of it first. Thanks!
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Custom Contact Forms] Fixed Field Suggestions](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/fixed-field-suggestions/)
 *  [cktalons](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cktalons/)
 * (@cktalons)
 * [13 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/fixed-field-suggestions/#post-3455549)
 * [@superpotion](https://wordpress.org/support/users/superpotion/)
 * Tis true, but the thread that it is related to (my thread), which I started a
   week ago, has gone unanswered. I’m close to desperate, and I saw that you might
   have a brilliant idea that may help. Does the not-so-subtle flattery help? 😉
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Custom Contact Forms] Fixed Field Suggestions](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/fixed-field-suggestions/)
 *  [cktalons](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cktalons/)
 * (@cktalons)
 * [13 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/fixed-field-suggestions/#post-3455547)
 * Hmm…Would I do something similar to extend the label text length allowed? I’m
   having a hellofatime extending the label text length for a form. Any ideas? PHP
   is still a strange world to me.
 * Link: [Manuscript Submission](http://testing.truenorthe.com/getting-started/manuscript-submission/)
 * Label getting cut off: “* Please discuss your market rationale, the big idea,
   specific marketing ideas, and/or why you feel th”
 * In admin I cannot add more text than that, so I’ve got a feeling I need to modify
   the template itself. But where? How?
 * Thanks in advance.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Custom Contact Forms] Label text cut off](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/label-text-cut-off/)
 *  Thread Starter [cktalons](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cktalons/)
 * (@cktalons)
 * [13 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/label-text-cut-off/#post-3514632)
 * Any ideas on how to fix this? It’s a client’s project. Do I need to modify the
   plugin’s template? If so, which?
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Column-Matic] Will not float:none or clear:both in TwentyTwelve Theme](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/will-not-floatnone-or-clearboth-in-twentytwelve-theme/)
 *  Thread Starter [cktalons](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cktalons/)
 * (@cktalons)
 * [13 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/will-not-floatnone-or-clearboth-in-twentytwelve-theme/#post-3507545)
 * Well I gave that a shot, and still it’s not complying with my most polite request.
 * Short code:
 *     ```
       [column class="column_one" float=""]Yada yada, spiffy logo image[/column]
   
       [column class="column_two" float=""]Yippy Skippy another logo image[/column]
       [end_columns]
       ```
   
 * CSS Media query:
 *     ```
       @media screen and (min-width: 400px) {
       	.column_left, .column_middle, .column_right, .column_one, .column_two, .column_twothird {
       		float:none!important;
       		max-width:95%;
       		margin:0 auto;
       		clear:both!important;
       	}
       ```
   
 * Regular CSS:
 *     ```
       .column_left, .column_one {
       	margin-left:0;
       	float:left;
       }
       .column_right, .column_two {
       	margin-right:0;
       	margin-left:2.127659574468%;
       	float:right!important;
       }
       ```
   
 * I’m stumped. What say you, Oh Column-Matic god?
 *   Forum: [Themes and Templates](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/themes-and-templates/)
   
   In reply to: [Home Page and Blog](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/home-page-and-blog/)
 *  [cktalons](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cktalons/)
 * (@cktalons)
 * [13 years, 11 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/home-page-and-blog/page/2/#post-2760425)
 * Thanks Emil! I’ll let you know when it’s done and on the client’s server. Overall
   the css was super easy to work with, well organized to boot, so gold star to 
   you. As for the snafu about the static vs. post page, no idea what happened there.
   The stars must have aligned.
 * Thanks again!

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

1 [2](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cktalons/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)
[→](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cktalons/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)