Title: cherylweb27's Replies | WordPress.org

---

# cherylweb27

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cherylweb27/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cherylweb27/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cherylweb27/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cherylweb27/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cherylweb27/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cherylweb27/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cherylweb27/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cherylweb27/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

1 [2](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cherylweb27/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)
[→](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cherylweb27/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)

 *   Forum: [Reviews](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/reviews/)
    In reply to:
   [[MembershipWorks - Membership, Events & Directory] Inflexible system with lots of limitations](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/inflexible-system-with-lots-of-limitations/)
 *  Thread Starter [cherylweb27](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cherylweb27/)
 * (@cherylweb27)
 * [6 years, 9 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/inflexible-system-with-lots-of-limitations/#post-12313841)
 * I’m mature enough to admit my mistakes, and _I’m perceptive enough to recognize
   a cop-out when I see one._
 * 5) Customizing the cards: Perhaps. There is limited documentation on this. So
   if I’m wrong here, I apologize.
 * 6) Rearranging event categories: My apologies here. Yes, drag-and-drop is possible.
 * **But let’s face it – most of your reply was a cop-out of your ill-conceived 
   design:**
 * _2) Our directory/event/form shortcodes all are designed to take up an entire
   page…_
    I don’t think “used as a widget” is applicable. All I wanted to do was
   put events in a tabbed container. And as for that “store state in the URL” … 
   even WordPress core can populate a page and have more than one populated list
   on a page. And what’s so wrong about including a feature in a widget? Maybe I
   want to feature a particular event in the sidebar? It’s a design flaw, plan-and-
   simple.
 * _3) The directory list uses dynamic loading when a user scrolls, which we feel
   is better suited to today’s mobile devices than pagination._
    Granted, around
   50% of web traffic comes from mobile devices – but that means the other 50% is
   NOT. A good designer will design for more than 50% of their audience. The choice
   to exclude pagination is a limitation of your system.
 * And the biggest cop-out of all:
    “Ultimately the list of things our system (or
   any system for that matter) cannot do is infinite…” Are you kidding me? The features
   I listed aren’t unreasonable or far-fetched. Their logical uses of the system.
   And as I stated before, if you don’t want to provide these features, at least
   prepare the API so people can customize to their needs. If you don’t want to 
   do that, then accept that people will find that your system lacks necessary features.
 *   Forum: [Reviews](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/reviews/)
    In reply to:
   [[Ultimate FAQ Accordion Plugin] Be Prepared to Buy the Premium Plugin :(](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/be-prepared-to-buy-the-premium-plugin/)
 *  Thread Starter [cherylweb27](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cherylweb27/)
 * (@cherylweb27)
 * [7 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/be-prepared-to-buy-the-premium-plugin/#post-11242930)
    -  This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by [cherylweb27](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cherylweb27/).
 *   Forum: [Reviews](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/reviews/)
    In reply to:
   [[Ultimate FAQ Accordion Plugin] Be Prepared to Buy the Premium Plugin :(](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/be-prepared-to-buy-the-premium-plugin/)
 *  Thread Starter [cherylweb27](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cherylweb27/)
 * (@cherylweb27)
 * [7 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/be-prepared-to-buy-the-premium-plugin/#post-11242921)
 * After downloading the plugin, you’ll notice a bunch of ads sprinkled throughout
   the plugin which encourage you to upgrade to Premium. Some of them list Premium
   features. Also, most of the documentation is videos… and the majority of the 
   videos start off with “We’re going to discuss the Premium feature….”
 * So when went in search of a solution to a problem, I looked closer at the ads,
   and then found the videos… 🙁
 * It could be said it’s my own fault… I’m just not in the habit of reading (or 
   viewing) the documentation prior to installing. Typically I read the description
   and skim the forums. Lesson learned.
 * BTW… the import/export feature is a premium feature 🙁
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Ultimate FAQ Accordion Plugin] How to get the “AJAX FAQ search form”](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/how-to-get-the-ajax-faq-search-form/)
 *  Thread Starter [cherylweb27](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cherylweb27/)
 * (@cherylweb27)
 * [7 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/how-to-get-the-ajax-faq-search-form/#post-11240798)
 * Thanks for the shortcode, but that doesn’t seem to be working for me. You see,
   I understood the plugin description to say that the search feature is included
   with the basic plugin. It’s a natural mistake, considering all the other **Key
   Features** are included with the free plugin.
 * So I will find another way to accomplish my goal. Disappointed in an otherwise
   decent plugin, but oh well…
 * Thanks anyway
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Speed Optimizer - The All-In-One Performance-Boosting Plugin] Fatal error: Can’t use method return value in write context…](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/fatal-error-cant-use-method-return-value-in-write-context-2/)
 *  Thread Starter [cherylweb27](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cherylweb27/)
 * (@cherylweb27)
 * [7 years, 9 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/fatal-error-cant-use-method-return-value-in-write-context-2/#post-11055471)
 * I thought I had updated everything, but I guess not. 😉 Thanks for the help!
 *   Forum: [Themes and Templates](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/themes-and-templates/)
   
   In reply to: [[Sixteen] Center Main Navigation](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/center-main-navigation-4/)
 *  Thread Starter [cherylweb27](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cherylweb27/)
 * (@cherylweb27)
 * [8 years, 1 month ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/center-main-navigation-4/#post-10607917)
 * Yes… sorry I didn’t get back to you. Thanks for replying! 🙂
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Contact Form 7] Thank you page (Custom DOM event) help](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/thank-you-page-custom-dom-event-help/)
 *  [cherylweb27](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cherylweb27/)
 * (@cherylweb27)
 * [9 years, 6 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/thank-you-page-custom-dom-event-help/#post-9031215)
 * [@joegp](https://wordpress.org/support/users/joegp/),
 * THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 * I spent my entire morning searching for a fix for this… and your suggestion about
   putting it in the header.php was brilliant. My theme (Themify Float) has a field
   for additional Header code, so I added it there. Worked perfectly!!
 * Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Flamingo] Could not load flamingo_inbound.](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/could-not-load-flamingo_inbound/)
 *  [cherylweb27](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cherylweb27/)
 * (@cherylweb27)
 * [9 years, 11 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/could-not-load-flamingo_inbound/#post-8428267)
 * I was wondering if there was an answer to this as well…
 * I found this thread from 3+ years ago, but no real solution was found.
 * I am using:
 * WP ver: 4.6.1
    Contact Form 7 ver: 4.5.1 Flamingo ver: 1.4 NOT using WooCommerce
 * Tried uninstalling & reinstalling plugin
 * Site link: [http://fxbgoffices.com/](http://fxbgoffices.com/)
 * Thank you in advance for your help! 🙂
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Pinterest Pin It Button For Images] Plugin Is Messing with Post Formatting](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-is-messing-with-post-formatting/)
 *  [cherylweb27](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cherylweb27/)
 * (@cherylweb27)
 * [10 years, 6 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-is-messing-with-post-formatting/#post-6380447)
 * Not sure if you’ve figured this out already, but this post helped me:
 * [https://wordpress.org/support/topic/images-too-big-in-firefox-and-ie](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/images-too-big-in-firefox-and-ie)
 * Hope this helps! 🙂
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Gallery by BestWebSoft - Customizable Image and Photo Galleries for WordPress] Upgrade to 4.3.8 empty all galleries](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/upgrade-to-438-empty-all-galleries/)
 *  [cherylweb27](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cherylweb27/)
 * (@cherylweb27)
 * [10 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/upgrade-to-438-empty-all-galleries/#post-6736977)
 * I just had to use this fix as well. All the gallery images were gone on my client’s
   site after the 4.3.8 update.
 * THANK YOU [@lcapronnier](https://wordpress.org/support/users/lcapronnier/) for
   the fix!!!!
 * [@bestwebsoft](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bestwebsoft/): Any idea when(
   or if) this will be repaired in a future update? I’m a little hesitant to update
   this plugin now, if it’s going to delete all the images from my galleries.
 *   Forum: [Themes and Templates](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/themes-and-templates/)
   
   In reply to: [[MaxFlat Core] How to change colors of menu bullets?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/how-to-change-colors-of-menu-bullets/)
 *  [cherylweb27](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cherylweb27/)
 * (@cherylweb27)
 * [10 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/how-to-change-colors-of-menu-bullets/#post-6948380)
 * I’ve got the pro version, so hopefully the CSS is the same for both. Here’s what
   worked for me:
 *     ```
       .main-navigation ul > li a:before, .widget_nav_menu ul > li a:before {
           color: #000000;
       }
       ```
   
 * Just replace the “#000000” with your own hex color.
 * Hope this helps! 🙂
 *   Forum: [Themes and Templates](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/themes-and-templates/)
   
   In reply to: [[MesoColumn] Adding functions.php to child theme](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/adding-functionsphp-to-child-theme-2/)
 *  Thread Starter [cherylweb27](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cherylweb27/)
 * (@cherylweb27)
 * [10 years, 8 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/adding-functionsphp-to-child-theme-2/#post-6980352)
 * I’m really a winner tonight… lol 🙂
 * Michael, I re-read your post… like 5 times… and realized that you actually meant
   that there SHOULD NOT be any spaces or lines after the open & close php tags 
   in functions.php.
 * So I double-checked, and yes, there was one rouge space after the close php tag.
 * So I removed it (along with the spaces I mistakenly added a few minutes ago),
   and VOILA! The errors are gone.
 * Thanks soooooo much for your help!!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂
 *   Forum: [Themes and Templates](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/themes-and-templates/)
   
   In reply to: [[MesoColumn] Adding functions.php to child theme](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/adding-functionsphp-to-child-theme-2/)
 *  Thread Starter [cherylweb27](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cherylweb27/)
 * (@cherylweb27)
 * [10 years, 8 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/adding-functionsphp-to-child-theme-2/#post-6980351)
 * I added lines before & after everything in the functions.php file. No change.
   Thanks though [@michael](https://wordpress.org/support/users/michael/) !! 🙂
 *   Forum: [Themes and Templates](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/themes-and-templates/)
   
   In reply to: [[MesoColumn] Adding functions.php to child theme](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/adding-functionsphp-to-child-theme-2/)
 *  Thread Starter [cherylweb27](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cherylweb27/)
 * (@cherylweb27)
 * [10 years, 8 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/adding-functionsphp-to-child-theme-2/#post-6980350)
 * I just put it in a text file (notepad on Windows), then saved it as functions.
   php.
 * I don’t think there are any characters or empty lines before the **<?php** and
   after the **?>**
 * I didn’t know there needed to be…?
 * I will try putting them in, to see if that fixes the situation.
 *   Forum: [Themes and Templates](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/themes-and-templates/)
   
   In reply to: [[MesoColumn] Adding functions.php to child theme](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/adding-functionsphp-to-child-theme-2/)
 *  Thread Starter [cherylweb27](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cherylweb27/)
 * (@cherylweb27)
 * [10 years, 8 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/adding-functionsphp-to-child-theme-2/#post-6980348)
 * Sorry for the confusion! I think I might have cut & pasted the wrong error.
 * THIS IS THE CURRENT ERROR…
 * > Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output
   > started at /home2/cheryl27/public_html/notsoalternateideas.com/wp-content/themes/
   > mesocolumn-child/functions.php:4) in /home2/cheryl27/public_html/notsoalternateideas.
   > com/wp-includes/option.php on line 820
   > Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output
   > started at /home2/cheryl27/public_html/notsoalternateideas.com/wp-content/themes/
   > mesocolumn-child/functions.php:4) in /home2/cheryl27/public_html/notsoalternateideas.
   > com/wp-includes/option.php on line 821
 * (I never would have caught that if you hadn’t mentioned the folder name. Good
   catch! Sorry for the confusion. 🙁 )

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

1 [2](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cherylweb27/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)
[→](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cherylweb27/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)