Title: chalupa's Replies | WordPress.org

---

# chalupa

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/chalupa/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/chalupa/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/chalupa/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/chalupa/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/chalupa/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/chalupa/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/chalupa/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/chalupa/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Easy Popular Posts] Credit link](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/credit-link-1/)
 *  Thread Starter [chalupa](https://wordpress.org/support/users/chalupa/)
 * (@chalupa)
 * [15 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/credit-link-1/#post-2052492)
 * @ christopherross, it works now! Thanks for fixing it. I actually wouldn’t mind
   the credit link if it wasn’t in the same
    -  as my posts. I’d attach it if it was a line of text below that looked like
      a link back to you. Right now just looking at the widget, I’d think “WordPress
      Consulting” was a post from the blog.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Easy Popular Posts] Credit link](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/credit-link-1/)
 *  Thread Starter [chalupa](https://wordpress.org/support/users/chalupa/)
 * (@chalupa)
 * [15 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/credit-link-1/#post-2052481)
 * I also forgot to mention it worked as designed for a few days, and then the credit
   link showed up. After that, I wasn’t able to get rid of it.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Easy Popular Posts] Credit link](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/credit-link-1/)
 *  Thread Starter [chalupa](https://wordpress.org/support/users/chalupa/)
 * (@chalupa)
 * [15 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/credit-link-1/#post-2052413)
 * I was using it as a widget. Whether the box was checked or unchecked, link still
   shows up.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Easy Popular Posts] Credit link](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/credit-link-1/)
 *  Thread Starter [chalupa](https://wordpress.org/support/users/chalupa/)
 * (@chalupa)
 * [15 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/credit-link-1/#post-2052310)
 * Oh, sorry – I was rating a plugin and thought this was attached to it. Plugin
   I’m talking about is Easy Popular Posts.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [Automatic Upgrade snafu](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/automatic-upgrade-snafu/)
 *  Thread Starter [chalupa](https://wordpress.org/support/users/chalupa/)
 * (@chalupa)
 * [18 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/automatic-upgrade-snafu/#post-760451)
 * I had my super-hero college buddy take a look. He fixed some more file permissions,
   and we figured out that a couple files had been truncated. So we re-copied good
   versions of them and now my blog magically works again. Oh yeah, and it’s not
   upgraded. I guess I’ve learned my lesson. Only manual upgrades for me.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [Automatic Upgrade snafu](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/automatic-upgrade-snafu/)
 *  Thread Starter [chalupa](https://wordpress.org/support/users/chalupa/)
 * (@chalupa)
 * [18 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/automatic-upgrade-snafu/#post-760434)
 * I did some poking around and figured out the plugin changed up a bunch of my 
   file permissions and locked me out of wp-content and wp-includes. I fixed that
   and was able to finish the upgrade.
 * However, now I’m having some database problems. It’s looking like it made a new
   set of tables so it can’t find my username, etc.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [Hundreds of Categories, Need Management Options](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/hundreds-of-categories-need-management-options/)
 *  [chalupa](https://wordpress.org/support/users/chalupa/)
 * (@chalupa)
 * [18 years, 8 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/hundreds-of-categories-need-management-options/#post-667914)
 * I’m needing something as well. I have a movie review blog and am categorizing
   movies by Actor, Writer and Director. I was wanting to include Producers and 
   Genre, but I need a better way to manage them first.
 * I have parent categories for the main types and then and making actual actors,
   writers, etc, children of their type. The problem is when I add new people to
   a post I have to go to my category manager and try to find the new ones. Once
   I find them I have to manually edit every single one and select its parent.
 * If there were a way to check several categories and make them all children of
   one parent that would be awesome. Or, is there a way to make a new category automatically
   a child from the Write-Post screen?
 * If it would help to see what I want, here’s [my blog](http://branfeld.com/movies).
   The end result is I want people to be able to look up movies by actor, director,
   etc. That’s why I don’t think a tag cloud would work. I also just started categorizing
   them and am about 10% finished so I have a LOT more to add.
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Mysterious text inserted when showing page](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/mysterious-text-inserted-when-showing-page/)
 *  [chalupa](https://wordpress.org/support/users/chalupa/)
 * (@chalupa)
 * [19 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/mysterious-text-inserted-when-showing-page/#post-527779)
 * It’s always looked fine to me as well. I only know about it because a couple 
   of my friends have told me it has happened to them.
 * Thanks for checking though Adam.
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Mysterious text inserted when showing page](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/mysterious-text-inserted-when-showing-page/)
 *  [chalupa](https://wordpress.org/support/users/chalupa/)
 * (@chalupa)
 * [19 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/mysterious-text-inserted-when-showing-page/#post-527776)
 * I’m having the same problem. I’ve never actually had it happen to myself, but
   two friends of mine have seen it. It’s popped up in IE6, IE7 and FireFox. [Here’s a link to my site](http://branfeld.com/chalupa).

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)