Title: cbconsult's Replies | WordPress.org

---

# cbconsult

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/carolinbenjamin/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/carolinbenjamin/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/carolinbenjamin/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/carolinbenjamin/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/carolinbenjamin/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/carolinbenjamin/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/carolinbenjamin/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/carolinbenjamin/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)

1 [2](https://wordpress.org/support/users/carolinbenjamin/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)
[3](https://wordpress.org/support/users/carolinbenjamin/replies/page/3/?output_format=md)
[→](https://wordpress.org/support/users/carolinbenjamin/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)

 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[XML Sitemap Generator for Google] Plugin removed from repository](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-removed-from-repository-10/)
 *  [cbconsult](https://wordpress.org/support/users/carolinbenjamin/)
 * (@carolinbenjamin)
 * [4 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-removed-from-repository-10/page/2/#post-15601901)
 * I was not aware of the default sitemap — and will test that on a future site.
 * What I ended up doing on the current client sites that were using the old defunct
   XML Sitemaps plug was to take the plug off the websites and activate the XML 
   sitemap feature on Yoast – since these client websites were also using Yoast,
   but with the XML sitemap feature turned off. If XML worked ok on Yoast I’ll likely
   leave these current sites on that for the moment.
 * But definitely want to test out that default sitemap feature on a future site.
 * Thanks to whoever brought that solution to my attention.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[XML Sitemap Generator for Google] Plugin removed from repository](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-removed-from-repository-10/)
 *  [cbconsult](https://wordpress.org/support/users/carolinbenjamin/)
 * (@carolinbenjamin)
 * [4 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-removed-from-repository-10/#post-15543978)
 * The XML SiteMaps plug is getting flagged as an issue on my client’s websites.
   Looks as though there is a new owner — maybe the new owners have to resubmit 
   to the repository?
 * The plugin seems to still be working as far as I can tell — but WordFence is 
   not happy that it has been flagged.
 * Am posting this here so hopefully, I’ll get a notification once someone posts
   whatever the resolution to this issue is.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Beaver Builder Page Builder - Drag and Drop Website Builder] BB to 2.5.2.1 would not update](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/bb-to-2-5-2-1-would-not-update/)
 *  Thread Starter [cbconsult](https://wordpress.org/support/users/carolinbenjamin/)
 * (@carolinbenjamin)
 * [4 years, 6 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/bb-to-2-5-2-1-would-not-update/#post-15451394)
 * resolved
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Easy Updates Manager] Getting a strange message on websites](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/getting-a-strange-message-on-websites/)
 *  Thread Starter [cbconsult](https://wordpress.org/support/users/carolinbenjamin/)
 * (@carolinbenjamin)
 * [6 years, 11 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/getting-a-strange-message-on-websites/page/2/#post-12088995)
 * I read the explanation above — and hate to say , but I am still rather confused—
   
   I guess you are saying that there is no fix for the message? … and to ignore 
   it??
 * But will the settings a user selects in the plugin actually what end up being
   what happens or not?
 * And are you saying that the whole error message is because of SiteGround and 
   something that they are doing ?
 * Can you please clarify more about this as it is still confusing.
    Thank you in
   advance.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Easy Updates Manager] Getting a strange message on websites](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/getting-a-strange-message-on-websites/)
 *  Thread Starter [cbconsult](https://wordpress.org/support/users/carolinbenjamin/)
 * (@carolinbenjamin)
 * [6 years, 11 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/getting-a-strange-message-on-websites/#post-12078242)
 * Honestly for a lot of users they do not know how to ‘comment out lines in wp-
   config’ files — _even if that were the solution._
 * Users turn to plugins such as ‘Easy Updates Manager’ because plugins are generally
   intended to make it easier than either learning how or, taking the time to learn
   how to delve into code for many issues — _(otherwise everyone would just be hand
   coding all their website needs and not relying on any plugins)_.
 * So please let us hope that there is a ‘user-friendly’ solution to this issue 
   that will get rid of this error message.
    It continues to crop up on client websites—
   and frankly it freaks them out. They have no clue, they think their _‘website
   is going to fall down or something’_ — and the reality is that the plugin was
   used to begin with to make it easy for a non-tech savvy client to be able to 
   semi-self-manage their website.
 * Also it is not a great selling point for using the ISP, when we need to tell 
   a client that this is happening because of a conflict with SiteGround — when 
   in fact the designer may have recommended them to SiteGround in the first place.
 * So please let us know there is a fix coming that does not include clients needing
   to comment out lines of code in config files.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Easy Updates Manager] Getting a strange message on websites](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/getting-a-strange-message-on-websites/)
 *  Thread Starter [cbconsult](https://wordpress.org/support/users/carolinbenjamin/)
 * (@carolinbenjamin)
 * [6 years, 11 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/getting-a-strange-message-on-websites/#post-12074984)
 * Is there any forward movement on resolving this issue??
    Please advise.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Easy Updates Manager] Getting a strange message on websites](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/getting-a-strange-message-on-websites/)
 *  Thread Starter [cbconsult](https://wordpress.org/support/users/carolinbenjamin/)
 * (@carolinbenjamin)
 * [6 years, 11 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/getting-a-strange-message-on-websites/#post-12059980)
 * Am getting more of the error messages on yet more SiteGround hosted websites —
   the error message is exactly the one that the user ‘marcbakker84’ referenced 
   with a link above.
 * Is there a pending fix to be coming ?
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Easy Updates Manager] Getting a strange message on websites](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/getting-a-strange-message-on-websites/)
 *  Thread Starter [cbconsult](https://wordpress.org/support/users/carolinbenjamin/)
 * (@carolinbenjamin)
 * [6 years, 11 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/getting-a-strange-message-on-websites/#post-12044650)
 * Ronald —
    I had a thought, and am going to make a speculation, that might not
   mean anything — but maybe the error message was manifested by some interaction
   with the server setup —
 * I am wondering this, since the original 9 sites where I ran into the issue and
   then deleted it _(sorry I should have made a screen shot before doing that)_ —
   
   but all those sites were on SiteGround.
 * I just took a look at a similar site that is hosted on CloudAccess — and that
   WP install basically has a similar set of plugins, theme, etc — but interestingly
   it did not have that error message.
 * That got me to thinking that given the other sites had all been hosted on SiteGround,
   perhaps there is a server interaction that is creating that error message.
 * I do know that SiteGround has this entire proactive deal that goes on where seem
   to like to make it difficult for anything to block their push to auto-update 
   their users. (I had run into this issue a few versions back when SiteGround completely
   over-rode my settings on Easy Updates Manager and auto updated, with no regard
   to my settings. But this weirdness seemed to stop after that one time a few versions
   back of Easy Updates Manager.)
 * It would be interesting if you might be able to get a read from your other users
   who have also seen that error message and find out where they are hosting, and
   see if there is something connection to where the sites are hosted and where 
   the error message is showing up.
 * Just a thought — (I know there have been some other recent plugins recently where
   something, some setting SiteGround had that caused/made the plugin have a bit
   of weirdness happen, until the plugin developer made some sort of tweak.)
 * Thank you in advance.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Easy Updates Manager] Getting a strange message on websites](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/getting-a-strange-message-on-websites/)
 *  Thread Starter [cbconsult](https://wordpress.org/support/users/carolinbenjamin/)
 * (@carolinbenjamin)
 * [6 years, 11 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/getting-a-strange-message-on-websites/#post-12043420)
 * I consistently saw it on websites on the screen that shows all the plugins — 
   the message would appear at the top of the screen —
 * Also I saw it on the Config page for the plugin —
 * It would appear at the top of the pages
 * I have ended up just ‘X’ing it out and it is gone — I removed the message because
   it a couple clients saw it there and it freaked them —- so I just ‘X’ed it on
   all the sites that I deal with.
 * I do not think it was just a ‘one-off’ weird thing – because I got rid of it 
   on 8 sites.
    -  This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by [cbconsult](https://wordpress.org/support/users/carolinbenjamin/).
      Reason: typo
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Easy Updates Manager] Upgrading sites to version 6.2.2 and the options page disappears](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/upgrading-sites-to-version-622-and-the-options-page-disappears/)
 *  Thread Starter [cbconsult](https://wordpress.org/support/users/carolinbenjamin/)
 * (@carolinbenjamin)
 * [10 years, 1 month ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/upgrading-sites-to-version-622-and-the-options-page-disappears/#post-7687594)
 * No it is not visible as in your screen shot — but I just went back to make a 
   screen shot of what I am seeing and discovered the issue —
 * with the new Wp 4.6 update the ‘Update options’ is on a flyout menu if the mouse
   is placed on the area ‘Dashboard’ on the left side of the screen — when placing
   the cursor there the flyout menu appears to the right side that shows – ‘Home’,‘
   Updates’ and ‘Updates Options’ ….
 * this makes me guess that with the upgrade to WP 4.6 maybe the way these options
   are displaying is now showing up different than it used to
 * before this WP 4.6 update the ‘Updates options’ was always appearing as your 
   screen show showed
 * Sorry, I did not find this new location for it before I posted a trouble ticket—
   but the placement was not at all obvious until I just went back to make screen
   shot to send to you — and in the process placed my cursor on the area and the
   menu flyout appeared
 * It seems things are ok — but the ‘Updates options’ is appearing is a different
   location than it was before and was not obvious.
 * Thanks much.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Easy Updates Manager] Settings are to not update – but updates occur](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/settings-are-to-not-update-but-updates-occur/)
 *  Thread Starter [cbconsult](https://wordpress.org/support/users/carolinbenjamin/)
 * (@carolinbenjamin)
 * [11 years ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/settings-are-to-not-update-but-updates-occur/#post-6534321)
 * I think it is now working properly — on a couple of the sites that had been mal-
   functioning before your last plugin update some new potential plugin updates 
   showed up and they did not update on their own — so I have a feeling your latest
   update for the plugin may have taken care of the problems that had been going
   on. Thank you.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Easy Updates Manager] Settings are to not update – but updates occur](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/settings-are-to-not-update-but-updates-occur/)
 *  Thread Starter [cbconsult](https://wordpress.org/support/users/carolinbenjamin/)
 * (@carolinbenjamin)
 * [11 years ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/settings-are-to-not-update-but-updates-occur/#post-6534316)
 * Hi —
    I am not sure yet because there have not been any upgrades on the sites
   to either happen/or not — so without there being something that says there is
   an upgrade ready, I can’t say for sure yet —
 * I’ll keep monitoring and let you know what happens when there are any potential
   updates that show up —- if they end up happening even though I have indicated
   not to — or if the upgrade notice shows up, but it properly sits there waiting
   for me to handle manually.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Easy Updates Manager] Settings are to not update – but updates occur](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/settings-are-to-not-update-but-updates-occur/)
 *  Thread Starter [cbconsult](https://wordpress.org/support/users/carolinbenjamin/)
 * (@carolinbenjamin)
 * [11 years ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/settings-are-to-not-update-but-updates-occur/#post-6534295)
 * I’ll update all my sites and let you know if the issue I have been seeing continues—
   fingers crossed things will be ok. 🙂
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Easy Updates Manager] Settings are to not update – but updates occur](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/settings-are-to-not-update-but-updates-occur/)
 *  Thread Starter [cbconsult](https://wordpress.org/support/users/carolinbenjamin/)
 * (@carolinbenjamin)
 * [11 years ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/settings-are-to-not-update-but-updates-occur/#post-6534289)
 * For what it is worth I have some doubt it is a hosting issue as I am seeing WP
   sites with the same version of WP, same theme, same plugins, really everything
   similar on the different WP sites, and hosted on the same Hostgater server space—
   but with all the similarities I end up seeing a couple of the sites randomly 
   decide to upgrade ‘some’ things /not all, just ‘some’, and the other sites are
   behaving perfectly in terms of updating — I have the update plugin set the same
   on all the sites.
 * Very weird — just a fyi — for what it is worth.
 * Keep chugging — all the best on this. 🙂
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Easy Updates Manager] Settings are to not update – but updates occur](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/settings-are-to-not-update-but-updates-occur/)
 *  Thread Starter [cbconsult](https://wordpress.org/support/users/carolinbenjamin/)
 * (@carolinbenjamin)
 * [11 years ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/settings-are-to-not-update-but-updates-occur/#post-6534022)
 * In case it helps for troubleshooting the sites are on Hostgater.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)

1 [2](https://wordpress.org/support/users/carolinbenjamin/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)
[3](https://wordpress.org/support/users/carolinbenjamin/replies/page/3/?output_format=md)
[→](https://wordpress.org/support/users/carolinbenjamin/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)