Title: cantonbecker's Replies | WordPress.org

---

# cantonbecker

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cantonbecker/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cantonbecker/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cantonbecker/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cantonbecker/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cantonbecker/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cantonbecker/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cantonbecker/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cantonbecker/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

1 [2](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cantonbecker/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)
[→](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cantonbecker/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)

 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Web Accessibility (formally known as Ally) - WCAG Scanning, Guided Fixes, Usability Widget] Is there a shortcode to show the toggle button?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/is-there-a-shortcode-to-show-the-toggle-button/)
 *  [cantonbecker](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cantonbecker/)
 * (@cantonbecker)
 * [5 years, 9 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/is-there-a-shortcode-to-show-the-toggle-button/#post-13823834)
 * I would like this as well. I find that the always-on sticky icon is fine for 
   desktop, but for mobile I need something less obtrusive. For example, a text 
   link at the bottom of the page that would trigger the menu.
 * As a work-around, I was thinking about just making:
 * div.pojo-a11y-toolbar-toggle { display: none;}
 * And then I could have a menu item or link somewhere that would change its display
   back to visible AND simulate it being clicked.
 * Has anyone got a better solution right now?
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Quick Page/Post Redirect Plugin] Deprecated Error](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/deprecated-error-13/)
 *  [cantonbecker](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cantonbecker/)
 * (@cantonbecker)
 * [6 years ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/deprecated-error-13/#post-13445533)
 * Anybody know enough about this JS to fix this for us all? The problem is that
   this file:
 * qppr_admin_script.js
 * has a bunch of jQuery instances calling ‘hover’ which is deprecated:
    `$('.inside').
   delegate('span.qppr_meta_help_wrap', 'hover', function(e){`
 * This is a handy little plugin, and I’m reluctant to give it up after all these
   years.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Enable jQuery Migrate Helper] jQuery Migrate Helper — Warnings encountered](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/jquery-migrate-helper-warnings-encountered-2/)
 *  [cantonbecker](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cantonbecker/)
 * (@cantonbecker)
 * [6 years ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/jquery-migrate-helper-warnings-encountered-2/#post-13383250)
 * The plugin authors should allow you to hide the warnings after dismissing them,
   e.g. “don’t show again” button, or at least a “don’t show for 10 days”.
 * In the meantime, if you’re like me with a production system that should not be
   hassling clients for something that’s out of their control, you can hide the 
   warnings by adding this CSS to your theme.
 * .jquery-migrate-deprecation-notice { display: none !important;}
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Timely All-in-One Events Calendar] Possible to change length of excerpted title in widget?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/possible-to-change-length-of-excerpted-title-in-widget/)
 *  Thread Starter [cantonbecker](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cantonbecker/)
 * (@cantonbecker)
 * [10 years, 1 month ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/possible-to-change-length-of-excerpted-title-in-widget/#post-7657854)
 * Thanks very much for the hand-holding.
 * I had some trouble getting the custom theme to show up in the theme selection
   page, then realized there was an error (IMO) in the documentation.
 * Immediately before step 3 is this line, telling us where to setup the “themes-
   ai1ec” folder:
 * > Copy this folder and paste it into a new folder in your Theme Directory called
   > themes-ai1ec.
 * I interpreted this as meaning copy it into my Theme Directory, as in /wp-content/
   themes/my-theme/themes-ai1ec
 * In fact, the folder needs to be installed in the wp-content directory. I think
   the instruction should read:
 * > Copy this folder and paste it into a new folder in your wp-content directory
   > called themes-ai1ec. For example: /wp-content/themes-ai1ec /gamma
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Timely All-in-One Events Calendar] Possible to change length of excerpted title in widget?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/possible-to-change-length-of-excerpted-title-in-widget/)
 *  Thread Starter [cantonbecker](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cantonbecker/)
 * (@cantonbecker)
 * [10 years, 1 month ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/possible-to-change-length-of-excerpted-title-in-widget/#post-7657776)
 * Works *perfectly* thank you so much. I would never have found that.
 * How do I make sure updating the plugin doesn’t write over this change?
 * Feel free to respond with RTFM. I haven’t learned myself up on themes yet.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Timely All-in-One Events Calendar] How do I change 'Tickets' link to say 'Register'?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/how-do-i-change-tickets-link-to-say-register/)
 *  Thread Starter [cantonbecker](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cantonbecker/)
 * (@cantonbecker)
 * [10 years, 1 month ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/how-do-i-change-tickets-link-to-say-register/#post-7650215)
 * Thanks! I’ll give that a shot.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Easy Social Feed - Social Photos Gallery and Post Feed for WordPress] Getting fatal error re: EFBL_Mobile_Detect after upgrading to 4.2.6](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/getting-fatal-error-re-efbl_mobile_detect-after-upgrading-to-426/)
 *  Thread Starter [cantonbecker](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cantonbecker/)
 * (@cantonbecker)
 * [10 years, 1 month ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/getting-fatal-error-re-efbl_mobile_detect-after-upgrading-to-426/#post-7621571)
 * Hi there! Any progress on this? I’d be very interested in being able to update
   to the latest version of your plugin.
 * I suspect that if you look at the differences in the code between 4.2 and 4.2.6
   you’ll see that you’re relying on some ultra-modern functionality in PHP that
   changed just between 5.5 and 5.6, e.g.
 * [http://php.net/manual/en/migration56.php](http://php.net/manual/en/migration56.php)
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Easy Social Feed - Social Photos Gallery and Post Feed for WordPress] Getting fatal error re: EFBL_Mobile_Detect after upgrading to 4.2.6](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/getting-fatal-error-re-efbl_mobile_detect-after-upgrading-to-426/)
 *  Thread Starter [cantonbecker](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cantonbecker/)
 * (@cantonbecker)
 * [10 years, 2 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/getting-fatal-error-re-efbl_mobile_detect-after-upgrading-to-426/#post-7621412)
 * Hello.
 * Just to see if I could help you with your debugging:
 * 1) I switched to a default wordpress theme
    2) I disabled ALL plugins, except
   for easy facebook like 4.2
 * Result: 4.2 works
 * Then I upgraded to 4.2.6
 * Same result. Event with stock theme and every other plugin disabled, got this
   error:
 *  Fatal error: Class ‘EFBL_Mobile_Detect’ not found in /home/mcid/public_html/
   wp-content/plugins/easy-facebook-likebox/public/easy-facebook-likebox.php on 
   line 26
 * My best guess it’s that it’s my somewhat old PHP version. Your newest version
   of the plugin might require a higher version of PHP than I’ve got. I’m running
   PHP 5.5.37.
 * If that’s the case, you should probably warn folks that upgrading will require
   a higher version of PHP than was required before. Or a much better thing would
   be to gracefully degrade — don’t break the site altogether during activation 
   if someone’s running outdated PHP.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[English WordPress Admin] Not working any more](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/not-working-any-more-1/)
 *  [cantonbecker](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cantonbecker/)
 * (@cantonbecker)
 * [11 years, 3 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/not-working-any-more-1/#post-6221415)
 * This is my first time using this plugin, and the switcher doesn’t seem to work
   with me.
 * Theme: Default 2014
    Plugins: none Wordpress: 4.2.2 (Clean install, no posts 
   or pages)
 * In my wp-config.php I have:
 * define(‘WPLANG’,’zh_CN’);
 * I see the language switcher in my admin, but when I select english, it just snaps
   back to chinese. Am I doing something wrong?
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [xmlrpc.php Files cause high CPU usage. and High resource usage.](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/xmlrpcphp-files-cause-high-cpu-usage-and-high-resource-usage/)
 *  [cantonbecker](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cantonbecker/)
 * (@cantonbecker)
 * [12 years, 1 month ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/xmlrpcphp-files-cause-high-cpu-usage-and-high-resource-usage/#post-5153143)
 * Hi there,
 * Likely what is happening is that your site is being hammered by wanna-be hackers
   who are trying to exploit the xmlrpc.php file, either to:
 * 1) test out passwords to try to login to your site, or
 * 2) use your site to launch a denial of service attack against another site.
 * In either case, having the most up-to-date wordpress will not necessarily help
   your CPU/load problem. Nor will any plugin or purely wordpress-based solution,
   because no matter what, when xmlrpc.php is processed, PHP and MySQL etc. all 
   get engaged which is resource intensive — even to return a wordpress-generated“
   not available” page.
 * If you don’t use the Jetpack plugin, or any software or services which allow 
   you to make posts to wordpress without logging into the dashboard (e.g. the IOS
   wordpress app) then **your easiest option is just to block access to xmlrpc.php
   at the .htaccess level**. This should bring your CPU load back down.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Activity Log – Monitor User and Agent Changes] who accessed a post?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/who-accessed-a-post/)
 *  [cantonbecker](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cantonbecker/)
 * (@cantonbecker)
 * [12 years, 4 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/who-accessed-a-post/#post-4648329)
 * Sorry but I figured out the problem in a different thread. It *was* storing records
   in the database, however the data wasn’t appearing because there’s a bug on the
   admin side in which (for some reason) data collected belonging to users with 
   the role of “subscriber” is omitted from reports.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Activity Log – Monitor User and Agent Changes] who accessed a post?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/who-accessed-a-post/)
 *  [cantonbecker](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cantonbecker/)
 * (@cantonbecker)
 * [12 years, 4 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/who-accessed-a-post/#post-4648324)
 * I know there’s probably a much more elegant way to do this with hooks within 
   functions.php, but I’m wondering why I’m having trouble just invoking aal_insert_log
   itself on the page.php template I’m working on? I would expect this to snippet
   to add a new “login” line whose label would be the name of the page.
 *     ```
       if (function_exists('aal_insert_log')) {
         aal_insert_log( array(
       	  'action'      => 'logged_in',
       	  'object_type' => 'User',
       	  'object_subtype' => get_the_title(),
       	  'user_id'     => $user_ID,
       	  'object_id'   => $user_ID,
       	  'object_name' => $user_info->user_login,
         ) );
       }
       ```
   
 * It seems the function does exist, but calling it directly doesn’t cause anything
   to happen. Thanks for any help.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Activity Log – Monitor User and Agent Changes] who accessed a post?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/who-accessed-a-post/)
 *  [cantonbecker](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cantonbecker/)
 * (@cantonbecker)
 * [12 years, 4 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/who-accessed-a-post/#post-4648323)
 * I’m very interested in this as well. I have a private (login required) wordpress
   site and I’d like to be able to see and be notified when any subscriber views
   a certain page.
 * I have a custom page type, so I wonder if there’s a hook/action I can call within
   the page template to invoke a log entry.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Better Delete Revision] [Plugin: Better Delete Revision] Safe to use with WPML?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-better-delete-revision-safe-to-use-with-wpml/)
 *  Thread Starter [cantonbecker](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cantonbecker/)
 * (@cantonbecker)
 * [14 years, 10 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-better-delete-revision-safe-to-use-with-wpml/#post-2290022)
 * [http://wpml.org/](http://wpml.org/)
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Multi Functional Flexi Lightbox] [Plugin: Multi Functional Flexi Lightbox] Great plugin, but sleazy banner](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-multi-functional-flexi-lightbox-great-plugin-but-sleazy-banner/)
 *  Thread Starter [cantonbecker](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cantonbecker/)
 * (@cantonbecker)
 * [14 years, 11 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-multi-functional-flexi-lightbox-great-plugin-but-sleazy-banner/#post-2367003)
 * I’d pay $5 for this plugin no-problem, but only if I could still update it with
   one click from within the wordpress plugins dashboard. What I don’t like is paying
   for plugins that are then more difficult to maintain.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

1 [2](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cantonbecker/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)
[→](https://wordpress.org/support/users/cantonbecker/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)