Title: bruffridge's Replies | WordPress.org

---

# bruffridge

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bruffridge/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bruffridge/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bruffridge/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bruffridge/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bruffridge/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bruffridge/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bruffridge/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bruffridge/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[HTTP Authentication] login_redirect filter not working](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/login_redirect-filter-not-working-1/)
 *  Thread Starter [bruffridge](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bruffridge/)
 * (@bruffridge)
 * [11 years, 3 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/login_redirect-filter-not-working-1/#post-6218564)
 * nevermind the redirect filter is working.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Relevanssi - A Better Search] Custom field not being indexed for pending posts.](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/custom-field-not-being-indexed-for-pending-posts/)
 *  Thread Starter [bruffridge](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bruffridge/)
 * (@bruffridge)
 * [11 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/custom-field-not-being-indexed-for-pending-posts/#post-5840260)
 * Found the answer to fix my issue on another support thread.
    [https://wordpress.org/support/topic/not-auto-indexing?replies=4#post-6615493](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/not-auto-indexing?replies=4#post-6615493)
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Relevanssi - A Better Search] Custom field not being indexed for pending posts.](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/custom-field-not-being-indexed-for-pending-posts/)
 *  Thread Starter [bruffridge](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bruffridge/)
 * (@bruffridge)
 * [11 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/custom-field-not-being-indexed-for-pending-posts/#post-5840226)
 * Yep, looks like on line 9 of init.php the indexer only fires on wp_insert_post
   and does not run on calls to update_post_meta.
 * add_action(‘wp_insert_post’, ‘relevanssi_insert_edit’, 99, 1 ); // added by lumpysimon
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Relevanssi - A Better Search] Custom field not being indexed for pending posts.](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/custom-field-not-being-indexed-for-pending-posts/)
 *  Thread Starter [bruffridge](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bruffridge/)
 * (@bruffridge)
 * [11 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/custom-field-not-being-indexed-for-pending-posts/#post-5840223)
 * I think I know what’s happening. I use custom code to insert my custom post. 
   I call wp_insert_post, which is probably what kicks off the relevanssi indexer.
   THEN I call update_post_meta to set the custom field. I don’t think calls to 
   update_post_meta kick off the indexer. Any suggestions on what I can do to make
   the indexer index my custom field for new posts?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)