Title: bookishbug's Replies | WordPress.org

---

# bookishbug

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bookishbug/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bookishbug/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bookishbug/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bookishbug/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bookishbug/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bookishbug/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bookishbug/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bookishbug/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[GR Progress Widget] Error retrieving data from Goodreads](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/error-retrieving-data-from-goodreads-2/)
 *  Thread Starter [bookishbug](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bookishbug/)
 * (@bookishbug)
 * [8 years, 10 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/error-retrieving-data-from-goodreads-2/#post-9664266)
 * No, the rolled back plug-in doesn’t work.
    No, it’s not an issue with my hosting,
   because I have plenty of other plug-ins and widgets that draw from external sites
   and work perfectly fine. No, it’s not caused by my other plug-ins, because even
   with all of them deactivated, yours STILL doesn’t work. All I’m saying, is if
   you’re going to make something public for others to download and use, don’t act
   like THEY are doing something wrong just because it works for you. YOU built 
   it. YOU know how it’s supposed to work. I appreciate you giving tips on what 
   may be causing it, but instead of saying “Works fine for me” maybe “I’ll look
   into it when I have a bit more time. Thank you for your patience.”? I really 
   liked the widget, when it was working. It was much more customizable than others
   I’ve found. I’m just frustrated that every “fix” I’ve found on it ends with the
   author “not having anything constructive” to add.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[GR Progress Widget] Error retrieving data from Goodreads](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/error-retrieving-data-from-goodreads-2/)
 *  Thread Starter [bookishbug](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bookishbug/)
 * (@bookishbug)
 * [8 years, 10 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/error-retrieving-data-from-goodreads-2/#post-9663931)
 * Dude. You can’t keep saying “Works fine for me” and blaming it on the way your
   customers are running their websites.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[GR Progress Widget] Error retrieving data from Goodreads](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/error-retrieving-data-from-goodreads-2/)
 *  Thread Starter [bookishbug](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bookishbug/)
 * (@bookishbug)
 * [8 years, 11 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/error-retrieving-data-from-goodreads-2/#post-9617806)
 * My husband tried the widget on his website with his Goodreads and is getting 
   the same error message. And I just found a post on this forum from 2 days ago
   with the exact same issue and “Sorry. Can’t help you.”
    I have two other Goodreads
   WordPress widgets that work perfectly fine, so maybe this widget needs some work.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[GR Progress Widget] Error retrieving data from Goodreads. Retrying in minutes.](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/error-retrieving-data-from-goodreads-retrying-in-minutes/)
 *  [bookishbug](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bookishbug/)
 * (@bookishbug)
 * [8 years, 11 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/error-retrieving-data-from-goodreads-retrying-in-minutes/#post-9617802)
 * I’m having the exact same issue with no answer as to how to fix it. I’ve tried
   everything. Maybe it’s the widget itself?
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[GR Progress Widget] Error retrieving data from Goodreads](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/error-retrieving-data-from-goodreads-2/)
 *  Thread Starter [bookishbug](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bookishbug/)
 * (@bookishbug)
 * [8 years, 11 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/error-retrieving-data-from-goodreads-2/#post-9616134)
 * I have not changed my Goodreads privacy settings since before I got the widget
   a couple of weeks ago. It is set to public. It was working fine up until Friday
   or Saturday.
 * Goodreads user ID: 7006228
    API Key: 7CT6mwOexeKD1sbqPOXzVQ Name of Shelf on 
   Goodreads: currently-reading
 * Like I said, all my settings for the widget are exactly the same as they were
   when it was working properly. The problems started by not showing my reading 
   progress bar, then not showing a new book I started, then this error message.
   And even after reinstalling the widget, it still will not work.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)