Title: bkpr's Replies | WordPress.org

---

# bkpr

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bkpr/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bkpr/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bkpr/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bkpr/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bkpr/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bkpr/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bkpr/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bkpr/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

1 [2](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bkpr/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)
[→](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bkpr/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)

 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Photonic Gallery & Lightbox for Flickr, SmugMug & Others] Gallery not loading (constantly searching) after tweaking tags in Flickr](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/gallery-not-loading-constantly-searching-after-tweaking-tags-in-flickr/)
 *  Thread Starter [bkpr](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bkpr/)
 * (@bkpr)
 * [7 years, 6 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/gallery-not-loading-constantly-searching-after-tweaking-tags-in-flickr/#post-11385962)
 * Hey. Seems to be working now 🤔. Perhaps it was a Flickr issue where the newly
   updated/changed tags take some time to permeate into the meta data (despite being
   visible in the UI)?
 * I dunno, everything is working as expected now.
    Thanks!
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Photonic Gallery & Lightbox for Flickr, SmugMug & Others] Gallery not loading (constantly searching) after tweaking tags in Flickr](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/gallery-not-loading-constantly-searching-after-tweaking-tags-in-flickr/)
 *  Thread Starter [bkpr](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bkpr/)
 * (@bkpr)
 * [7 years, 6 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/gallery-not-loading-constantly-searching-after-tweaking-tags-in-flickr/#post-11385605)
 * Hi Sayontan. Sorry about that, it slipped back into private vs password. Should
   be working now:
 * [http://bartkowalski.com/2019/03/cartarp-1000/](http://bartkowalski.com/2019/03/cartarp-1000/)
   
   pass: bikes
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Photonic Gallery & Lightbox for Flickr, SmugMug & Others] Photonic + LightGallery + Flickr = very slow loading images (in sets of two?)](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/photonic-lightgallery-flickr-very-slow-loading-images-in-sets-of-two/)
 *  Thread Starter [bkpr](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bkpr/)
 * (@bkpr)
 * [7 years, 6 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/photonic-lightgallery-flickr-very-slow-loading-images-in-sets-of-two/#post-11372429)
 * Thanks for that. Seems to work! I tried to search for the issue on this forum
   but didn’t’t really know what to search for. Given the issue is reasonably recent(?)
   I probably should’ve scrolled through a few pages of issues to find thr\e thread
   you linked me to.
 * Thanks again!
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Photonic Gallery & Lightbox for Flickr, SmugMug & Others] Options for (Flickr) single image display in LightGallery](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/options-for-flickr-single-image-display-in-lightgallery/)
 *  Thread Starter [bkpr](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bkpr/)
 * (@bkpr)
 * [7 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/options-for-flickr-single-image-display-in-lightgallery/#post-11267903)
 * Thank you.
 * Both options worked for me but I’m using the checkbox as the shortcode triggers
   my loading spinner which then doesn’t disappear (assuming because it’s trying
   to load a generic gallery without any actual parameters (using `[photo-gallery]`
   custom shortcode at the top of the post)).
 * Thanks again for your help and thorough replies. Very much appreciated 🙏
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Photonic Gallery & Lightbox for Flickr, SmugMug & Others] Options for (Flickr) single image display in LightGallery](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/options-for-flickr-single-image-display-in-lightgallery/)
 *  Thread Starter [bkpr](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bkpr/)
 * (@bkpr)
 * [7 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/options-for-flickr-single-image-display-in-lightgallery/#post-11265954)
 * Hello Sayontan.
 * A quick follow up question regarding single, manually linked images + opening
   in the Lightbox. I’ve noticed that if I don’t have any Photonic shortcode on 
   the page, individually linked `img` links do not open automatically in the Lightbox
   view, while `img` links on pages which also have Photonic gallery shortcode *
   do* open in the Lightbox view. This is true even if thumbs from the Photonic 
   gallery display are never clicked, i.e., Lightbox is never initialed from the
   Photonic gallery thumbs.
 * Examples: (pass = cars)
    Page with no gallery shortcode: [http://bartkowalski.com/2019/03/single-image-test-without-gallery/](http://bartkowalski.com/2019/03/single-image-test-without-gallery/)
 * Page with gallery shortcode:
    [http://bartkowalski.com/2019/03/single-image-test-w-gallery/](http://bartkowalski.com/2019/03/single-image-test-w-gallery/)
 * Is this expected behaviour? I’m not sure if this is out of your support scope,
   given I’m asking about pages specifically WITHOUT Photonic code. If this is the
   case, please let me know.
 * Cheers
    Bart
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Photonic Gallery & Lightbox for Flickr, SmugMug & Others] Options for (Flickr) single image display in LightGallery](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/options-for-flickr-single-image-display-in-lightgallery/)
 *  Thread Starter [bkpr](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bkpr/)
 * (@bkpr)
 * [7 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/options-for-flickr-single-image-display-in-lightgallery/#post-11237574)
 * Thanks again for your thoughts. I think at this stage I’ll just have the individual
   images open on their own, and leave the gallery separate. This could even be 
   a better user experience than launching the full gallery when someone expects
   to look at a single image in larger form. For small sets of a few photos, I’ll
   use the `rel=“group1”` approach to link them, although this wasn’t working with
   LightGallery in my quick test yesterday, but it’s likely I didn’t write to code
   correctly.
 * Thanks again for your help. I’ve thrown you a few bucks for maintaining such 
   a high quality plugin and being super quick on support 😊
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Photonic Gallery & Lightbox for Flickr, SmugMug & Others] Options for (Flickr) single image display in LightGallery](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/options-for-flickr-single-image-display-in-lightgallery/)
 *  Thread Starter [bkpr](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bkpr/)
 * (@bkpr)
 * [7 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/options-for-flickr-single-image-display-in-lightgallery/#post-11235303)
 * Yes, I understand. Fortunately for me I do not have a page with full-length posts.
   The only place the deep-linking gallery situation will happen is on a single 
   post.
 * Unfortunately there’s a glitch with the deep-linking: the deep-linked image doesn’t
   seem to trigger the lightbox. It will only open in the lightbox after one of 
   the gallery thumbs (below the text) has launched the lightbox first. See this
   new public page where I have it all setup: [http://bartkowalski.com/2019/02/the-2019-goose/](http://bartkowalski.com/2019/02/the-2019-goose/)
 * Without resorting to becoming my personal website troubleshooter, if you have
   any ideas as to why this might be happening I’d love to hear them. Thanks again!
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Photonic Gallery & Lightbox for Flickr, SmugMug & Others] Options for (Flickr) single image display in LightGallery](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/options-for-flickr-single-image-display-in-lightgallery/)
 *  Thread Starter [bkpr](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bkpr/)
 * (@bkpr)
 * [7 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/options-for-flickr-single-image-display-in-lightgallery/#post-11233936)
 * Gotcha thanks. To be clear, when you say works best on “pages”, do you mean a
   single blog post, an example in my case: [http://bartkowalski.com/2018/08/hiking-machu-picchu-peru/](http://bartkowalski.com/2018/08/hiking-machu-picchu-peru/)
   or a page like [http://www.example.com/contact](http://www.example.com/contact)
 * I’m clarifying because a “post” and a “page” seem to have different interpretations,
   at least for me.
 * Update: the deep linking works well, although it’s a fairly manual process. Thanks!
    -  This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by [bkpr](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bkpr/).
    -  This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by [bkpr](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bkpr/).
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Photonic Gallery & Lightbox for Flickr, SmugMug & Others] Options for (Flickr) single image display in LightGallery](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/options-for-flickr-single-image-display-in-lightgallery/)
 *  Thread Starter [bkpr](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bkpr/)
 * (@bkpr)
 * [7 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/options-for-flickr-single-image-display-in-lightgallery/#post-11233892)
 * Ha! I’ll give that a go, thanks 🙂
 * With relation to the no. 3 point, I don;’t think the cover image will be appropriate;
   what I’m ultimately trying to do is have large single images displayed throughout
   the text of a blog post, with a full gallery displayed at the bottom. Similar
   to this example: [https://theradavist.com/2019/02/super-stoked-2019-gideons-333-fab-airlandsea-kyler-martz-cascadian-rambler/](https://theradavist.com/2019/02/super-stoked-2019-gideons-333-fab-airlandsea-kyler-martz-cascadian-rambler/)
    -  This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by [bkpr](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bkpr/).
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Photonic Gallery & Lightbox for Flickr, SmugMug & Others] Options for (Flickr) single image display in LightGallery](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/options-for-flickr-single-image-display-in-lightgallery/)
 *  Thread Starter [bkpr](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bkpr/)
 * (@bkpr)
 * [7 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/options-for-flickr-single-image-display-in-lightgallery/#post-11233881)
 * Hey thanks for the quick reply!
    Do you mean using an `img` and `a` tags with
   the URLS from Flickr, as opposed to `wp-content`?
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Photonic Gallery & Lightbox for Flickr, SmugMug & Others] Options for (Flickr) single image display in LightGallery](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/options-for-flickr-single-image-display-in-lightgallery/)
 *  Thread Starter [bkpr](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bkpr/)
 * (@bkpr)
 * [7 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/options-for-flickr-single-image-display-in-lightgallery/#post-11233875)
 * Update, for point 1, I think I can hide the title with this CSS:
 *     ```
       .photonic-single-photo-header {
       	display: none;
          }
       ```
   
    -  This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by [bkpr](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bkpr/).
    -  This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by [bkpr](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bkpr/).
    -  This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by [bkpr](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bkpr/).
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Photonic Gallery & Lightbox for Flickr, SmugMug & Others] Flickr thumbnails, always at 2 columns, “column” setting doesn’t affect result](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/flickr-thumbnails-always-at-2-columns-column-setting-doesnt-affect-result/)
 *  Thread Starter [bkpr](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bkpr/)
 * (@bkpr)
 * [8 years, 2 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/flickr-thumbnails-always-at-2-columns-column-setting-doesnt-affect-result/#post-10559995)
 * Thanks very much for your super quick response!
    That seemed to work, cheers.
    -  This reply was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by [bkpr](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bkpr/).
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Photonic Gallery & Lightbox for Flickr, SmugMug & Others] Flickr thumbnails, always at 2 columns, “column” setting doesn’t affect result](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/flickr-thumbnails-always-at-2-columns-column-setting-doesnt-affect-result/)
 *  Thread Starter [bkpr](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bkpr/)
 * (@bkpr)
 * [8 years, 2 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/flickr-thumbnails-always-at-2-columns-column-setting-doesnt-affect-result/#post-10559970)
 * Picking through the element code, I can see `style=" column-count: 2;"` despite
   the shortcode saying 3. Also, `.post-contents` has a max-width of 665px while
   looking at a full width browser window. Assume that’s a WP theme issue not a 
   Photonic issue?
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Photonic Gallery & Lightbox for Flickr, SmugMug & Others] Can I override some of the photonic CSS?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/can-i-override-some-of-the-photonic-css/)
 *  Thread Starter [bkpr](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bkpr/)
 * (@bkpr)
 * [8 years, 11 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/can-i-override-some-of-the-photonic-css/#post-9650431)
 * Thanks. I’m using a child theme and have been applying my edits to the child 
   ccs theme and not in customiser, but it looks like Photonic style overwrites 
   these when the page loads.
 * I just tried it quickly with customiser and it appeared to work (but I’m only
   in my phone for a few days so can’t test properly).
 * Thanks again for your quick replies!
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Photonic Gallery & Lightbox for Flickr, SmugMug & Others] Flickr gallery: cherry-picking multiple photos to display?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/flickr-gallery-cherry-picking-multiple-photos-to-display/)
 *  Thread Starter [bkpr](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bkpr/)
 * (@bkpr)
 * [8 years, 11 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/flickr-gallery-cherry-picking-multiple-photos-to-display/#post-9649534)
 * I see. I can use the work-around of adding specific tags to the images I want
   to pull in. Thanks!

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

1 [2](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bkpr/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)
[→](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bkpr/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)