Title: binutz's Replies | WordPress.org

---

# binutz

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/binutz/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/binutz/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/binutz/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/binutz/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/binutz/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/binutz/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/binutz/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/binutz/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)

1 [2](https://wordpress.org/support/users/binutz/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)
[3](https://wordpress.org/support/users/binutz/replies/page/3/?output_format=md)
[→](https://wordpress.org/support/users/binutz/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)

 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Link Library] Showing single category links on a page](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/showing-single-category-links-on-a-page/)
 *  Thread Starter [binutz](https://wordpress.org/support/users/binutz/)
 * (@binutz)
 * [5 years, 6 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/showing-single-category-links-on-a-page/#post-14284220)
 * I do understand! Thanks for clarifying..
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Link Library] Showing single category links on a page](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/showing-single-category-links-on-a-page/)
 *  Thread Starter [binutz](https://wordpress.org/support/users/binutz/)
 * (@binutz)
 * [5 years, 6 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/showing-single-category-links-on-a-page/#post-14270252)
 * Hi Yannik,
    Sorry for the late reply. I tried Permalink method; but it did not
   work for me. I switched back to the old method that I had specified in my first
   message. This time, I tried showings categorized links on Buddypress group pages(
   pages attached Buddypress groups that I had created using “Groups Extra plugin)
   in such a way that each group page displays the links (of a category)associated
   with that particular group.
 *  I used the same syntax that used earlier ( [link-library categorylistoverride
   =”25″] [link-library-cats categorylistoverride=”25″] ) and as expected, the unwanted
   message “No categories found” appeared under the links.
 * Interestingly, the group page where I pasted the short code ,showed up the following
   code in the ‘Text mode’
    ————————————————————————————-
 *     ```
       <!-- Div Linklist -->
       <div class="LinkLibraryCat LinkLibraryCat250 level0">
   
       <!-- Div Category -->
       <div id="handicrafts-decorations">
   
       <!-- Div Category Name -->
       <div class="linklistcatname"><!-- Div Cat Name --><span class="linklistcatclass">Handicrafts & Decorations</span></div>
       <!-- DivOrHeader -->
   
       </div>
       <!-- Div Category Name -->
       <ul>
        	<li><a id="link-15368" class="track_this_link " href="https://youtu.be/tav5D9315RA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Handicraft Training</a>
       <span class="editlink"><a href="http://localhost/maxski/wp-admin/post.php?action=edit&post=15368">(Edit)</a></span></li>
       </ul>
       </div>
       <!-- Div End Category -->
       <script type='text/javascript'>
       jQuery(document).ready(function()
       {
       jQuery('.arrow-up').hide();
       jQuery('#linklist1 a.track_this_link').click(function() {
       linkid = this.id;
       linkid = linkid.substring(5);
       path = '..\..\..\..\maxski/';
       jQuery.ajax( {    type: 'POST',    url: 'http://localhost/maxski/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php',     data: { action: 'link_library_tracker',             _ajax_nonce: '11a167ce5e',             id:linkid, xpath:path }     });
       return true;
       });
       jQuery('#linklist1 .expandlinks').click(function() {
       target = '.' + jQuery(this).attr('id');
       subcattarget = '.' + jQuery(this).attr('data-subcat');
       if ( jQuery( target ).is(':visible') ) {
       jQuery(target).slideUp();
       jQuery(subcattarget).slideToggle();
       jQuery(this).children('img').attr('src', 'http://localhost/maxski/wp-content/plugins/link-library/icons/expand-32.png');
       } else {
       jQuery(target).slideDown();
       jQuery(subcattarget).slideToggle();
       jQuery(this).children('img').attr('src', 'http://localhost/maxski/wp-content/plugins/link-library/icons/collapse-32.png');
       }
       });
       jQuery('#linklist1 .linklistcatclass').click(function() {
       jQuery(this).siblings('.expandlinks').click();
       });
       jQuery('#linklist1 .linklistcatnamedesc').click(function() {
       jQuery(this).siblings('.expandlinks').click();
       });
       });
       </script>
   
       </div>
       <!-- Div Linklist -->
       <!-- End of Link Library Output -->
   
       <!-- Link Library Categories Output -->
       <div>No categories found.</div>
       <!-- End of Link Library Categories Output -->
       ```
   
 * ———————————————————————–
 * I think the last part of the code is causing “No categories found” message to
   appear below the links on my pages. Is there any work around to hide that message
   on all pages ?
    It is the only hitch I have encountered so far, otherwise everything
   works perfectly! Thanks, Binu
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Link Library] Showing single category links on a page](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/showing-single-category-links-on-a-page/)
 *  Thread Starter [binutz](https://wordpress.org/support/users/binutz/)
 * (@binutz)
 * [5 years, 6 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/showing-single-category-links-on-a-page/#post-14248890)
 * Thanks for the clarification. I will try that.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Link Library] Showing single category links on a page](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/showing-single-category-links-on-a-page/)
 *  Thread Starter [binutz](https://wordpress.org/support/users/binutz/)
 * (@binutz)
 * [5 years, 6 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/showing-single-category-links-on-a-page/#post-14241845)
 * Hi Yannick,
    I was about to try the method suggested by you; but now I am bit
   confused about the way it works. As per the following instructions given:
 * “Set the Permalinks page address (e.g. for mysite.com/links, type links in the
   Permalinks Page field)”
 * My questions are :
 * Do I have to manually enter the links summitted by the users in the in the Permalinks
   Page field or Will they automatically be displayed on the pages dedicated for
   each category?
 * Thanks
    Binu
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Link Library] Showing single category links on a page](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/showing-single-category-links-on-a-page/)
 *  Thread Starter [binutz](https://wordpress.org/support/users/binutz/)
 * (@binutz)
 * [5 years, 6 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/showing-single-category-links-on-a-page/#post-14241728)
 * Thanks a lot for the suggestion.
    I will try that out.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Link Library] Showing single category links on a page](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/showing-single-category-links-on-a-page/)
 *  Thread Starter [binutz](https://wordpress.org/support/users/binutz/)
 * (@binutz)
 * [5 years, 6 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/showing-single-category-links-on-a-page/#post-14236984)
 * Hi Yannick,
    Thanks for the quick and detailed response. What I am trying to 
   achieve is to show 60 categories in 60 pages, ensuring that each page displays
   only a specific category associated with that particular page.
 * My purpose is to show the links submitted by the users under 60 topics(categories)
   in 60 sperate pages, with a page dedicated for each topic. And my users are members
   of Buddypress groups in 60 categories(ie,60 user groups).
    I am trying add separate
   pages corresponding to each Buddypress group so that users can view only the 
   relevant links meant for a particular group on the page associated with that 
   group.
 * For link submission,I am using the standard form where user can select their 
   category (topic)of interest from the drop down list and submit links.
 * Is there any better way to accomplish my purpose?
 * With the current shortcode everything works as expected, except that the unwanted
   message that appears below the links! I hope it can be hidden using CSS.
 * Binu
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Advanced Classifieds & Directory Pro] Changing the label ‘listing owner’ to ‘Publisher’](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/changing-the-label-listing-owner-to-publisher/)
 *  Thread Starter [binutz](https://wordpress.org/support/users/binutz/)
 * (@binutz)
 * [5 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/changing-the-label-listing-owner-to-publisher/#post-14166287)
 * Thanks a lot for the quick reply with a viable solution!
    I will surely try template
   override option.
 * I am glad that I found this wonderful plugin.
 * Binu
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Clean Login] Broken [clean-login-restore]](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/broken-clean-login-restore/)
 *  [binutz](https://wordpress.org/support/users/binutz/)
 * (@binutz)
 * [5 years, 11 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/broken-clean-login-restore/#post-13596386)
 * Thanks.It is working fine.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Clean Login] Broken [clean-login-restore]](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/broken-clean-login-restore/)
 *  [binutz](https://wordpress.org/support/users/binutz/)
 * (@binutz)
 * [5 years, 11 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/broken-clean-login-restore/#post-13595959)
 * I am also facing the same problem!
    only Short code is visible on the page.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Psychological tests & quizzes] Problem with ‘Tied scores”](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/problem-with-tied-scores/)
 *  Thread Starter [binutz](https://wordpress.org/support/users/binutz/)
 * (@binutz)
 * [6 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/problem-with-tied-scores/#post-12685314)
 * Thanks a lot for checking my post and responding with the right solution!
    I 
   will check that out later. Zach
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Psychological tests & quizzes] Problem with ‘Tied scores”](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/problem-with-tied-scores/)
 *  Thread Starter [binutz](https://wordpress.org/support/users/binutz/)
 * (@binutz)
 * [6 years, 6 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/problem-with-tied-scores/#post-12658754)
 * Hi Alexander,
    As a work around,I added a 7th category named G to show tied scores.
   4 points out of 7 has been fixed as a condition for being regarded a dominant
   trait in this case. The formula that i worked out is as follows:(Category G)
 * a => 4 AND ( a = b OR a = c OR a = d OR a = e OR a = f ) OR b => 4 AND ( b = 
   a OR b = c OR b = d OR b = e OR b = f ) OR c =>4 AND ( c = d OR c = e OR c = 
   f ) OR d => 4 AND ( d = e OR d = f ) OR e =>4 AND ( e = f ) OR f => 4
 * With this ,I am able to show the result with ” Multiples Traits” as the label
   for category G.
 * Though this is not the perfect solution,it just serves my purpose.
 * Thanks for this wonderful plugin.
 * Zach
    -  This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by [binutz](https://wordpress.org/support/users/binutz/).
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Psychological tests & quizzes] Hiding test categories from blog categories list](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/hiding-test-categories-from-blog-categories-list/)
 *  Thread Starter [binutz](https://wordpress.org/support/users/binutz/)
 * (@binutz)
 * [6 years, 6 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/hiding-test-categories-from-blog-categories-list/#post-12628094)
 * Thanks for your prompt response.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Theme My Login] A clarification…](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/a-clarification/)
 *  Thread Starter [binutz](https://wordpress.org/support/users/binutz/)
 * (@binutz)
 * [8 years, 3 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/a-clarification/#post-10411839)
 * Thanks for the clarification! It is a great relief for me!
    With regard to version
   7x update,I didn’t have any problem with core function (login-log out). I installed
   redirection extension and entered a page url for custom redirection. It did not
   redirect me to the specified page when I logged in again. I am not very sure 
   whether I had configurred the settings correctly,as I didn’t find a tutorial/
   instruction for adding free extensions.. . Anyways, I am more comfortable with
   older version as it worked well for me..
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Wbcom Designs - BuddyPress Create Group Type] Can’t edit, Delete, or update group types](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/cant-edit-delete-or-update-group-types/)
 *  Thread Starter [binutz](https://wordpress.org/support/users/binutz/)
 * (@binutz)
 * [8 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/cant-edit-delete-or-update-group-types/#post-10232218)
 * [@prashantvatsh](https://wordpress.org/support/users/prashantvatsh/)
    Thanks 
   a lot for taking time into looking into the issue reported!
 * I found the following warning/message while checking the console (Mozilla & Chrome)
 * JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed, version 1.4.1
    load-scripts.php:9:542
 * Hope this helps you
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Wbcom Designs - BuddyPress Create Group Type] Can’t edit, Delete, or update group types](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/cant-edit-delete-or-update-group-types/)
 *  Thread Starter [binutz](https://wordpress.org/support/users/binutz/)
 * (@binutz)
 * [8 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/cant-edit-delete-or-update-group-types/#post-10231642)
 * [@vapvarun](https://wordpress.org/support/users/vapvarun/)
 * For your information :
 * I just noticed that Plugin works fine on Localhost .
    Problem exists only on 
   the live site. I installed & checked out the plugin on two live sites hosted 
   on different servers. Unfortunately same problem occurs both the places. I have
   also ruled themes & plugin conflicts at my end.
 * It may be worth looking into this issue if other users also encounter the same
   issue.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)

1 [2](https://wordpress.org/support/users/binutz/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)
[3](https://wordpress.org/support/users/binutz/replies/page/3/?output_format=md)
[→](https://wordpress.org/support/users/binutz/replies/page/2/?output_format=md)