Title: BevansDesign's Replies | WordPress.org

---

# BevansDesign

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bevansdesign/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bevansdesign/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bevansdesign/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bevansdesign/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bevansdesign/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bevansdesign/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bevansdesign/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bevansdesign/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Timely All-in-One Events Calendar] New user, can't get it to import calendars (2.0.8)](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/new-user-cant-get-it-to-import-calendars-208/)
 *  Thread Starter [BevansDesign](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bevansdesign/)
 * (@bevansdesign)
 * [12 years, 4 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/new-user-cant-get-it-to-import-calendars-208/#post-4952610)
 * Hmm…that feed doesn’t work either.
 * I’ll have to check into curl and allow_url_fopen to see if my server has those
   turned off/not installed/whatever. Although I feel like that’s the sort of thing
   that Event Calendar should give you an error message about.
 * Thanks for the help though.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Timely All-in-One Events Calendar] New user, can't get it to import calendars (2.0.8)](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/new-user-cant-get-it-to-import-calendars-208/)
 *  Thread Starter [BevansDesign](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bevansdesign/)
 * (@bevansdesign)
 * [12 years, 4 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/new-user-cant-get-it-to-import-calendars-208/#post-4952568)
 * I just updated it, and unfortunately it’s still not working.
 * I’m pretty sure my hosting company (Siteground) allows importing external data.
   The CalPress plugin is pulling in events from these ical feeds just fine.
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [FeedWordPress only One Paragraph](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/feedwordpress-only-one-paragraph/)
 *  [BevansDesign](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bevansdesign/)
 * (@bevansdesign)
 * [15 years, 2 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/feedwordpress-only-one-paragraph/#post-2186996)
 * It should display anything that’s in the RSS feed. If the feed only shows excerpts,
   FWP will only show excerpts.
 * Could you share the link to the RSS feed so we can take a look?
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [Having weird problems with posts disappearing](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/having-weird-problems-with-posts-disappearing/)
 *  Thread Starter [BevansDesign](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bevansdesign/)
 * (@bevansdesign)
 * [15 years, 3 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/having-weird-problems-with-posts-disappearing/#post-2153942)
 * Hmm…that’s interesting. I just checked my database, and the post DOES still exist
   there. Post_Status says “inherit”, whatever that means.
 * I’ll try the other stuff you mentioned too. My theme is basically just a modified
   version of Sandbox, but it doesn’t hurt to try a different theme. I’m pretty 
   sure that won’t be the issue, because the post did publish, but disappeared from
   the back-end post list too.
 * Does resetting your plugins folder (I’m not sure how to do that) cause your plugins
   to lose their settings too?
 * Thanks for the help.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [How to aggregate social media streams in WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/how-to-aggregate-social-media-streams-in-wordpress/)
 *  [BevansDesign](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bevansdesign/)
 * (@bevansdesign)
 * [15 years, 4 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/how-to-aggregate-social-media-streams-in-wordpress/#post-1785255)
 * I’ve used Lifestream in the past, and it was awesome. Unfortunately, it’s now
   pretty much abandoned.
 * I’ve been using Feedwordpress for a few weeks now, with moderate success. I’ve
   sent a couple of my feeds through Yahoo Pipes, to get them to do what I want 
   them to do.
 * For Twitter posts, I just started using Tweet Import by Khaled Afiouni, which
   works pretty well. I couldn’t find a way to get Feedwordpress to link anything
   up – probably because Twitter’s RSS feeds are no longer supported by Twitter.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Flattr] Can't authorize app](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/cant-authorize-app/)
 *  [BevansDesign](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bevansdesign/)
 * (@bevansdesign)
 * [15 years, 4 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/cant-authorize-app/#post-2069163)
 * Cool, glad to hear it’s being worked on.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Plugin: WP-Stats-Dashboard] Not working in WP 3 beta](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-wp-stats-dashboard-not-working-in-wp-3-beta/)
 *  Thread Starter [BevansDesign](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bevansdesign/)
 * (@bevansdesign)
 * [16 years, 4 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-wp-stats-dashboard-not-working-in-wp-3-beta/#post-1510788)
 * I’m up to WP 3.0-RC2-15136 now, using 1.9.9 of WP-Stats-Dashboard, but I’m still
   getting the message.
 * I should’ve pointed out earlier that I only get the message when I try to click
   the WP-Stats-Dashboard link in the Settings box. I can add the Social Metrics
   box as a Widget to my site, but I still haven’t found a way to add it to my Dashboard.
   Presumably, that option is accessible through the Settings page.
 * Is it possible that it won’t let me access it because my username isn’t “admin”?
   My user account (the only account) is a Super Admin.
 * I also tried reinstalling the plugin, but it didn’t help.
 * Thanks.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)