Title: Beeeater's Replies | WordPress.org

---

# Beeeater

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/beeeater/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/beeeater/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/beeeater/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/beeeater/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/beeeater/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/beeeater/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/beeeater/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/beeeater/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

 *   Forum: [Installing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/installation/)
   
   In reply to: [No admin panel after login](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/no-admin-panel-after-login/)
 *  Thread Starter [Beeeater](https://wordpress.org/support/users/beeeater/)
 * (@beeeater)
 * [14 years, 10 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/no-admin-panel-after-login/#post-2410460)
 * Hi ChristiNi,
 * This is really getting frustrating! I decided to start again from scratch – I
   dropped all the tables from the MySQL database, in fact I created a NEW database,
   deleted all the existing wordpress files from the ‘blog’ folder on my website,
   edited a brand new wp-config.php with all the new database values, uploaded the
   wordpress folder after renaming it ‘wordpressblog’, ran install.php successfully
   and then tried to log in. Guess what? Exactly the same issue! Now I get a directory
   listing titled ‘Index of /wordpressblog/wp-admin’ and the page URL is ‘[http://www.synergies.co.za/wordpressblog/wp-admin/&#8217](http://www.synergies.co.za/wordpressblog/wp-admin/&#8217);
   
   There is an .htaccess file in the root of my webserver, the contents of which
   look something like this:
 * # -FrontPage-
    IndexIgnore .htaccess */.??* *~ *# */HEADER* */README* */_vti*
   <Limit GET POST> order deny,allow deny from all allow from all </Limit> <Limit
   PUT DELETE> order deny,allow deny from all </Limit> AuthName synergies.co.za 
   AuthUserFile /usr/www/users/synergv/_vti_pvt/service.pwd AuthGroupFile /usr/www/
   users/synergv/_vti_pvt/service.grp DirectoryIndex index.html
 * I have a feeling this could be causing the problem, but I have no idea how to
   change it.
 * Any ideas?
 *   Forum: [Installing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/installation/)
   
   In reply to: [No admin panel after login](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/no-admin-panel-after-login/)
 *  Thread Starter [Beeeater](https://wordpress.org/support/users/beeeater/)
 * (@beeeater)
 * [14 years, 10 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/no-admin-panel-after-login/#post-2410452)
 * Also, when I use PHPMyAdmin the site URL is listed as [http://www.synergies.co.za/blog](http://www.synergies.co.za/blog)
   which is the correct location.
 *   Forum: [Installing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/installation/)
   
   In reply to: [No admin panel after login](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/no-admin-panel-after-login/)
 *  Thread Starter [Beeeater](https://wordpress.org/support/users/beeeater/)
 * (@beeeater)
 * [14 years, 10 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/no-admin-panel-after-login/#post-2410451)
 * Additionally, there is no .htaccess file within the wp-admin directory.
 *   Forum: [Installing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/installation/)
   
   In reply to: [No admin panel after login](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/no-admin-panel-after-login/)
 *  Thread Starter [Beeeater](https://wordpress.org/support/users/beeeater/)
 * (@beeeater)
 * [14 years, 10 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/no-admin-panel-after-login/#post-2410450)
 * I have tried to remedy the issue by the use of the define(‘RELOCATE’,true); statement
   in the wp-login.php file. However I still just get a page with a directory listing
   after login. The page title is Index of /blog/wp-admin and the URL is [http://www.synergies.co.za/blog/wp-admin/](http://www.synergies.co.za/blog/wp-admin/)-
   the WordPress files ARE located at this location. It is almost like instead of
   loading the correct page, it just gives a directory listing.
 * I have noticed that if I click on the ‘Back to blog’ link on the login page, 
   it takes me to [http://blog.synergies.co.za/blog/](http://blog.synergies.co.za/blog/),
   a different URL – Where is WordPress getting this URL from?
 * This is becoming very frustrating. Surely there is a simple fix, or else a way
   to uninstall and start over?
 *   Forum: [Installing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/installation/)
   
   In reply to: [No admin panel after login](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/no-admin-panel-after-login/)
 *  Thread Starter [Beeeater](https://wordpress.org/support/users/beeeater/)
 * (@beeeater)
 * [14 years, 10 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/no-admin-panel-after-login/#post-2410359)
 * Reading the installation instructions carefully, I realised that I had not placed
   the wordpress folder in the ROOT of my website, but in a subfolder – so i moved
   it to the root. Now when I log in I get this: The requested URL /blog/wp-login.
   php was not found on this server.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)