Title: bakedbean's Replies | WordPress.org

---

# bakedbean

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bakedbean/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bakedbean/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bakedbean/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bakedbean/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bakedbean/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bakedbean/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bakedbean/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bakedbean/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

 *   Forum: [Hacks](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/hacks/)
   
   In reply to: [Security nonce causing inability to select featured image](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/security-nonce-causing-inability-to-select-featured-image/)
 *  Thread Starter [bakedbean](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bakedbean/)
 * (@bakedbean)
 * [13 years, 4 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/security-nonce-causing-inability-to-select-featured-image/#post-3757420)
 * Thanks for that. The strange thing is whenever I remove:
 * add_action(‘init’, ‘security_nonce’);
    function security_nonce(){ ?> <script 
   type=”text/javascript”>var securityNonce = <?php echo json_encode(wp_create_nonce(‘
   you can never be too careful’)); ?></script> <?php }
 * it breaks the css and I can’t work out why. For some reason wordpress seems to
   need the nonce to be created using the init hook otherwise the css becomes messed
   up. Your method works in so much as we can now add featured images but I then
   have this seperate issue regarding the css. I’ve never come across this before.
   The check_ajax_referer function isn’t recognising the nonce either but that’s
   kind of a seperate issue.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[BuddyPress Courseware] Are there any Courseware developer's docs for extending plugin?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/are-there-any-courseware-developers-docs-for-extending-plugin/)
 *  Thread Starter [bakedbean](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bakedbean/)
 * (@bakedbean)
 * [13 years, 7 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/are-there-any-courseware-developers-docs-for-extending-plugin/#post-3359585)
 * Thanks. To be honest I’m a bit of a wordpress noob and i’m struggling with the
   filters / actions thing at the moment although I’m sure I’ll get the hang of 
   it. I want to display the dashboard screen under the courseware tab on the group
   home instead of the feed which displays on the group home by default. I have 
   tried various actions and changing parameters by adding filters and trying to
   include templates etc but I can’t get it to display how I want. How would you
   go about doing this?
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [admin links not working](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/admin-links-not-working/)
 *  Thread Starter [bakedbean](https://wordpress.org/support/users/bakedbean/)
 * (@bakedbean)
 * [13 years, 8 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/admin-links-not-working/#post-3425112)
 * I’ve tried that but the problem still occurs??

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)