Forum Replies Created

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Hi,

    I don’t know whether anybody still cares about the original problem. I described it in post #6, and it was also described in post #1, #7 and some others.

    After the recent WordPress-update to 3.8, I thought I could try updating NextGEN as well. So I updated NextGEN Gallery to version 2.0.40 (before that, it was running at 1.9.13 due to the multisite issue).

    And: The problem is no more! The “Invalid Display Type” for multisites is fixed.

    So, in my opinion, this thread can be marked as resolved, and you can try to update NextGEN tu 2.0.40. I don’t know whether you need WordPress 3.8, but it surely won’t hurt 🙂

    Thanks for fixing and of course: Thanks photocrati for this wonderful plugin.

    Ofloo,

    glad to hear that you were able to fix it.

    I don’t use xili-language on my site, so that fix won’t work for me. I therefore still believe that Nextgen is causing the problem.

    Your fix probably will be helpful though – I might try installing xili-language just to fix the multisite issue 🙂

    Same problem here.

    I tried to network-deactivate all plugins, and then activated only NextGen, but that didn’t solve the problem.

    Therefore this really seems to be a multi-site problem.

    So here’s the bug report again:

    WordPress 3.5.2, Multi-Site, runs on my own little server.
    I display my galleries using the command [nggallery id=##]

    Frontend:

    If there is a gallery to be displayed, the following error shows at the beginning of the post:
    array(1) { ["display_type"]=> array(1) { [0]=> string(20) "Invalid display type" } }
    If there are several galleries in one post (or on a site), this message is shown several times at the beginning of the post.

    At the position there the gallery (or galleries) should be, the following error shows:
    Invalid Displayed Gallery

    Backend:
    Menu Gallery -> Gallery Settings: Everything is empty. I can see some dropdown boxes, but most of them are empty. There are no descriptions, no pre-selected values in the dropdown boxes. This really is empty.

    Well, the backend part isn’t the annoying part. The frontend is the stuff that bothers me 🙂

    Thank you very much for your detailed tips.

    I have to be honest, I didn’t check if they work – I found out that I was not able to use XML Google Maps because it doesn’t work with multi-sites.

    Therefore, two months ago I changed to Mappress ( http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/mappress-google-maps-for-wordpress/ ). It doesn’t give me the option to use the geotagging stuff from NextGen, but I found that I don’t really need that. Maybe I’ll try XML Google Maps again someday, I will then report about that.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)