Title: axtolf's Replies | WordPress.org

---

# axtolf

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/axtolf/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/axtolf/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/axtolf/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/axtolf/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/axtolf/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/axtolf/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/axtolf/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/axtolf/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

 *   Forum: [Installing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/installation/)
   
   In reply to: [Migrating from Joomla – have Wp in the same site](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/migrating-from-joomla-have-wp-in-the-same-site/)
 *  Thread Starter [axtolf](https://wordpress.org/support/users/axtolf/)
 * (@axtolf)
 * [3 months, 2 weeks ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/migrating-from-joomla-have-wp-in-the-same-site/#post-18946405)
 * Thank you very much for confirming. I always wanted to get rid of /cms, since
   it’s something I left behind when I migrated from Drupal to Joomla. 
   A third 
   option I am considering is to develop WordPress in a subdirectory, complete all
   design and testing work there, and then perform a backup/restore (or migration)
   to the root directory when the site is ready to go live. It adds an extra step,
   but it may be easier to manage depending on the hosting environment.And for the
   CEo the suggested plugin was already in my list, with some manul fixes here and
   there.
 *   Forum: [Installing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/installation/)
   
   In reply to: [Migrating from Joomla, articles or pages ?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/migrating-from-joomla-articles-or-pages/)
 *  Thread Starter [axtolf](https://wordpress.org/support/users/axtolf/)
 * (@axtolf)
 * [1 year, 11 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/migrating-from-joomla-articles-or-pages/#post-18108292)
 * Thank you [@dilip2615](https://wordpress.org/support/users/dilip2615/) and@threadi
   for all you insights. I took some time to read all the links, expecially everything
   related to the taxonomy. I need to do some tests, in Joomla there are a very 
   small number of extentions, while in WordPress plugins are really a lot, it’s
   quite diffitult to understand which of them will be supported in the next years
   and what will be not, but I guess it only requires some “practice”.
 *   Forum: [Installing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/installation/)
   
   In reply to: [Migrating from Joomla, articles or pages ?](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/migrating-from-joomla-articles-or-pages/)
 *  Thread Starter [axtolf](https://wordpress.org/support/users/axtolf/)
 * (@axtolf)
 * [1 year, 11 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/migrating-from-joomla-articles-or-pages/#post-18092182)
 * Hello [@threadi](https://wordpress.org/support/users/threadi/) thank you for 
   your reply, yes I already tested the plugin, and it works pretty fine. 
   Fg-joomla-
   to-wordpress migrates everything, included categories, and eveything is converted
   into articles.My question is more about the way to approach the situation using
   wordpress.Even I start from scratch the problem remains, since categories are
   only for articles, and my content is more suitable to be created using pages.
   The ideal would be to have some similar to categories with pages. My content 
   is not cronological or based on the author, and none of them are news.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)