Title: ali7e's Replies | WordPress.org

---

# ali7e

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ali7e/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ali7e/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ali7e/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ali7e/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ali7e/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ali7e/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ali7e/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ali7e/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Disable WP REST API] Response to preflight request doesn’t pass access control check](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/response-to-preflight-request-doesnt-pass-access-control-check-2/)
 *  Thread Starter [ali7e](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ali7e/)
 * (@ali7e)
 * [5 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/response-to-preflight-request-doesnt-pass-access-control-check-2/#post-14314293)
 * No the request does not go through without authentication.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Disable WP REST API] Response to preflight request doesn’t pass access control check](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/response-to-preflight-request-doesnt-pass-access-control-check-2/)
 *  Thread Starter [ali7e](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ali7e/)
 * (@ali7e)
 * [5 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/response-to-preflight-request-doesnt-pass-access-control-check-2/#post-14314281)
 * Postman is a tool for API development so I was using it to make GET calls to 
   the API. But you can replicate this in Terminal:
 * `curl --location --request GET 'https://xxxxxxxxx.com/wp-json/wp/v2/posts' --
   header 'Authorization: Basic username:app-password'`
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Disable WP REST API] Response to preflight request doesn’t pass access control check](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/response-to-preflight-request-doesnt-pass-access-control-check-2/)
 *  Thread Starter [ali7e](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ali7e/)
 * (@ali7e)
 * [5 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/response-to-preflight-request-doesnt-pass-access-control-check-2/#post-14314117)
 * Thanks for the quick reply!
 * I will check and see if any changes can be made.
 * The app actually does make an exception for application passwords because I am
   able to authenticate with an application password in Postman. So if it is not
   meant to do that, you might want to fix that.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[WP Telegram (Auto Post and Notifications)] Long content gets cut off](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/long-content-gets-cut-off/)
 *  Thread Starter [ali7e](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ali7e/)
 * (@ali7e)
 * [5 years, 6 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/long-content-gets-cut-off/#post-14238130)
 * Hello,
    Thanks for the quick reply. So when strips the content and adds “…” at
   the end, is there a way to also have it insert a “Read More” link? Otherwise 
   I have to have the read more link in the template even if the content was not
   shortened.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Traction External Links Speed Bump] Breaks WPBakery Accordion](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/breaks-wpbakery-accordion/)
 *  Thread Starter [ali7e](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ali7e/)
 * (@ali7e)
 * [5 years, 6 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/breaks-wpbakery-accordion/#post-14230855)
 * Thank you so much for the fix!
    I am able to open the accordion but it requires
   me clicking on it twice to open so there seems to be a slight problem with it
   still. I submitted the URL of the page I am using the accordion on through the
   support form.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Traction External Links Speed Bump] Breaks WPBakery Accordion](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/breaks-wpbakery-accordion/)
 *  Thread Starter [ali7e](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ali7e/)
 * (@ali7e)
 * [5 years, 6 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/breaks-wpbakery-accordion/#post-14196465)
 * Thanks a lot.
    Anywhere I can send you the URL privately?
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Shield Security – Smart Bot Blocking, Brute-Force Login Protection & File Scanning] Cannot edit any posts or pages](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/cannot-edit-any-posts-or-pages/)
 *  Thread Starter [ali7e](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ali7e/)
 * (@ali7e)
 * [10 years, 2 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/cannot-edit-any-posts-or-pages/#post-7645419)
 * Closing this ticket.
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Shield Security – Smart Bot Blocking, Brute-Force Login Protection & File Scanning] Cannot edit any posts or pages](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/cannot-edit-any-posts-or-pages/)
 *  Thread Starter [ali7e](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ali7e/)
 * (@ali7e)
 * [10 years, 2 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/cannot-edit-any-posts-or-pages/#post-7645417)
 * Thanks Paul!
 * I found out the issue is caused by this addon:
    [https://codecanyon.net/item/massive-addons-for-visual-composer/14429839](https://codecanyon.net/item/massive-addons-for-visual-composer/14429839)
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Shield Security – Smart Bot Blocking, Brute-Force Login Protection & File Scanning] Cannot edit any posts or pages](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/cannot-edit-any-posts-or-pages/)
 *  Thread Starter [ali7e](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ali7e/)
 * (@ali7e)
 * [10 years, 2 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/cannot-edit-any-posts-or-pages/#post-7645393)
 * Thanks for your response Paul!
 * I do have more information! Below is what WordPress Debug is telling me.
    These
   do not get triggered if I disable Shield OR if I disable Yoast SEO so really 
   not sure what is going on but Visual Composer seems to be impacted when both 
   Shield and Yoast are turned on.
 * PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function () in /home/xxxx/
   public_html/xxxx/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/config/content/shortcode-vc-icon.
   php:3
    Stack trace: #0 /home/xxxx/public_html/xxxx/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/
   include/classes/core/class-wpb-map.php(756): include() #1 /home/xxxx/public_html/
   xxxx/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/classes/core/class-wpb-map.php(283):
   WPBMap::setElementSettings(‘vc_icon’) #2 /home/xxxx/public_html/xxxx/wp-content/
   plugins/js_composer/include/classes/core/class-wpb-map.php(307): WPBMap::generateData()#
   3 /home/xxxx/public_html/xxxx/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/classes/
   shortcodes/shortcodes.php(1475): WPBMap::getAllShortCodes() #4 /home/xxxx/public_html/
   xxxx/wp-includes/plugin.php(525): Vc_Shortcodes_Manager->buildShortcodesAssets(”)#
   5 /home/xxxx/public_html/xxxx/wp-admin/admin-header.php(113): d in /home/xxxx/
   public_html/xxxx/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/config/content/shortcode-vc-icon.
   php on line 3
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Shield Security – Smart Bot Blocking, Brute-Force Login Protection & File Scanning] Cannot edit any posts or pages](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/cannot-edit-any-posts-or-pages/)
 *  Thread Starter [ali7e](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ali7e/)
 * (@ali7e)
 * [10 years, 2 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/cannot-edit-any-posts-or-pages/#post-7645247)
 * There is no errors and nothing in the audit trail either.
 * I just found out this is a conflict with Yoast SEO plugin. When I disable Yoast
   the issue does not occur.
 * Thanks!
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Yoast SEO - Advanced SEO with real-time guidance and built-in AI] Yoast conflict, still breaks Visual Composer](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/yoast-conflict-still-breaks-visual-composer/)
 *  [ali7e](https://wordpress.org/support/users/ali7e/)
 * (@ali7e)
 * [10 years, 2 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/yoast-conflict-still-breaks-visual-composer/page/2/#post-6770643)
 * This issue does not seem to have been fixed. Has it?
 * Thanks!

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)