Title: Alan_S's Replies | WordPress.org

---

# Alan_S

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/alan_s/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/alan_s/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/alan_s/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/alan_s/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/alan_s/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/alan_s/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/alan_s/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/alan_s/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Personal Welcome] [Plugin: Personal Welcome] Feature Request – New User P/W](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-personal-welcome-feature-request-new-user-pw/)
 *  Thread Starter [Alan_S](https://wordpress.org/support/users/alan_s/)
 * (@alan_s)
 * [15 years, 4 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-personal-welcome-feature-request-new-user-pw/#post-2088694)
 * Thank you Chris,
 * Fair comment! Your format plus pro-forma content should be a basic WordPress 
   function. Who will take this on?
 * I can usually hack php to make it do what I want but I could not write or maintain
   a secure program or plug-in. Changing the welcome text is easy (preferably in
   a child theme) but:
 * WordPress should allow the **user** to configure welcome emails; not depend on
   the Webmaster or a Developer.
 * Thanks again, Alan
 *   Forum: [Plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/plugins-and-hacks/)
    In
   reply to: [[Swift SMTP (formerly Welcome Email Editor)] [Plugin: SB Welcome Email Editor] Plugin conflicts](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-sb-welcome-email-editor-plugin-conflicts/)
 *  [Alan_S](https://wordpress.org/support/users/alan_s/)
 * (@alan_s)
 * [15 years, 4 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-sb-welcome-email-editor-plugin-conflicts/#post-1635854)
 * … and [Stout Google Calendar](http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/stout-google-calendar/)
   V 1.2.3 which references a User ID within an <i-frame> in the format of an email
   address (_[user@gmail.com](https://wordpress.org/support/users/alan_s/replies/user@gmail.com?output_format=md)_)
   but has no ability to send or receive email.
 * Why does the warning appear on **every plugin**? It should appear only on _SB\
   _WE_ and, ideally, the conflicting plugin. I suspected that it might be a false
   warning but with _Stout\_GC_ active the emails revert to their original format.
 * I am looking for another way for users to edit the emails. Surely, this should
   be a basic feature of WordPress? OTOH, _Stout\_GC_ does little that I cannot 
   achieve by allowing <iframe>s in WP.
 * [@seanbarton](https://wordpress.org/support/users/seanbarton/), an explanation
   may help us to make your nice plugin work alongside others.
 * Alan
 * WordPress Plugins: _“A thousand ways to kill a cat and remain uncertain that 
   it is dead.”_ (Alan & Heisenberg).
 *   Forum: [Themes and Templates](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/themes-and-templates/)
   
   In reply to: [Twenty-Ten Featured Image for Pages](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/twenty-ten-featured-image-for-pages/)
 *  [Alan_S](https://wordpress.org/support/users/alan_s/)
 * (@alan_s)
 * [15 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/twenty-ten-featured-image-for-pages/#post-1643630)
 * [http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/14898](http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/14898)
   is closed “worksforme”.
 * In WP v3.1.1 I have my home set as a page and posts as ‘blog’.
    I dragged the‘
   featured image’ widget from the sidebar to the page. I can change the the featured
   image on pages, posts and on my posts page (blog).
 * On pages and posts the header image is replaced as expected but the posts list
   page (blog) shows the default image set in appearance / header. Editing the posts
   list page again it still shows the featured image that I set.
 * I cannot see how it can be image related because I have tried the same image 
   on pages, posts and blog list.
 * Workaround for me is to set the default image to the one I want on the Post list
   and set a featured image on every page.
 * Alan
 *   Forum: [Themes and Templates](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/themes-and-templates/)
   
   In reply to: [Insert Logo in site-title in Twenty Ten](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/insert-logo-in-site-title-in-twenty-ten/)
 *  [Alan_S](https://wordpress.org/support/users/alan_s/)
 * (@alan_s)
 * [15 years, 5 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/insert-logo-in-site-title-in-twenty-ten/#post-1596958)
 * Put the background image in the link. Add padding according to the size of your
   image. My logo.png is 73px x 50px, I have left the line height at 36px. The order
   of the padding is ‘top, right, bottom, left. So, 36 + 4 + 4 = 50px and 78px (
   left) leaves a 5px gap before the text.
 * Use a child theme! You can then preview changes before you activate the child
   theme. I have put the logo.png in the child theme images folder.
 * If you **must** edit 2010, put the logo in the twentyten images folder.
 * CSS
 *     ```
       @import url("../twentyten/style.css"); /* get basic 2010 css */
   
       /* The main theme structure - reduce top margin to compensate for changes to Header*/
       #wrapper {
       	margin-top: 12px;
       }
   
       /* =Header - add clickable logo to title */
       #site-title a {
       	padding: 7px 0 7px 78px; /* allow space for image */
       	background: url(images/logo.png) no-repeat;
       }
       ```
   
 * HTH – Alan (just a css hacker)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)