Title: agsteele's Replies | WordPress.org

---

# agsteele

  [  ](https://wordpress.org/support/users/agsteele/)

 *   [Profile](https://wordpress.org/support/users/agsteele/)
 *   [Topics Started](https://wordpress.org/support/users/agsteele/topics/)
 *   [Replies Created](https://wordpress.org/support/users/agsteele/replies/)
 *   [Reviews Written](https://wordpress.org/support/users/agsteele/reviews/)
 *   [Topics Replied To](https://wordpress.org/support/users/agsteele/replied-to/)
 *   [Engagements](https://wordpress.org/support/users/agsteele/engagements/)
 *   [Favorites](https://wordpress.org/support/users/agsteele/favorites/)

 Search replies:

## Forum Replies Created

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

 *   Forum: [Themes and Templates](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/themes-and-templates/)
   
   In reply to: [[Gridbox] Filtering Posts within Gridbox Home Page](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/filtering-posts-within-gridbox-home-page/)
 *  Thread Starter [agsteele](https://wordpress.org/support/users/agsteele/)
 * (@agsteele)
 * [7 years, 8 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/filtering-posts-within-gridbox-home-page/#post-11112363)
 * Thanks for the helpful reply.
 * Sadly, the plugin suggested seems to filter out the Featured items at the top(
   Featured Posts area) as well as in the bottom.
 * You’ve pointed me in a direction to go. Thanks. We’ll see if we can work out 
   the best way forward.
 * Andrew
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [cannot create / directory while updating core or plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/cannot-create-directory-while-updating-core-or-plugins/)
 *  [agsteele](https://wordpress.org/support/users/agsteele/)
 * (@agsteele)
 * [16 years, 3 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/cannot-create-directory-while-updating-core-or-plugins/#post-1524100)
 * I have/had this issue. On investigation I found that my wp-content directory 
   was owned by ‘root’. The FTP user was a different id. So I used chown to change
   the ownership
 * ie: chown ftp-owner:ftp-owner wp-content
 * I did the same for the upgrade directory under wp-content
 * I’ve not needed to do an upgrade since but I’m hopeful this should fix the issue.
 * Andrew
 * [Edit] sorry for the double post. The forum software had a hiccup…
 *   Forum: [Fixing WordPress](https://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting/)
   
   In reply to: [cannot create / directory while updating core or plugins](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/cannot-create-directory-while-updating-core-or-plugins/)
 *  [agsteele](https://wordpress.org/support/users/agsteele/)
 * (@agsteele)
 * [16 years, 3 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/cannot-create-directory-while-updating-core-or-plugins/#post-1524099)
 * I have/had this issue. On investigation I found that my wp-content directory 
   was owned by ‘root’. The FTP user was a different id. So I used chown to change
   the ownership
 * ie: chown ftp-owner:ftp-owner wp-content
 * I did the same for the upgrade directory under wp-content
 * I’ve not needed to do an upgrade since but I’m hopeful this should fix the issue.
 * Andrew

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)